Should schools teach that homosexuality is bad?

xotoxi

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2009
Yuurmaam

And along the same lines, if a student is gay, what should school policy be in order to properly deal with them?

Should the teachers make an example of the gay student and let all the other students know that if they were to chose homosexuality, they may end up like him?

And along the same lines, if a student is gay, what should school policy be in order to properly deal with them?

Should the teachers make an example of the gay student and let all the other students know that if they were to chose homosexuality, they may end up like him?

your sexual orietntaion shouldn't come up in school anyway and how do you deal with a gay student differently than a straight one?

Why on earth should a school teach homosexuality? I can see touching on the subject in a scientific manner in high school, or maybe in junior high, whatever age kids are when they start wondering.

But kids aren't supposed to be schmoozing in the schools, anyway. The rule for kids should be "knock that shit off on school grounds" along with a healthy dose of "how tacky do you want to be?" and "you aren't old enough to be engaging in any sexual behavior, wait until you're 30 to commit to it."

As far as school sponsored support groups for kids who are toying with the concept of homosexuality, I think it's a huge stinking pile of bear excrement. Educate them about Aids and how to avoid it, and pregnancy and how to avoid it (try NO SEX, KIDS!) but as far as expounding on the normalcy of homosexuality or sexual experimentation, that should be as taboo as teaching one particular religion in public school.

Why on earth should a school teach homosexuality? I can see touching on the subject in a scientific manner in high school, or maybe in junior high, whatever age kids are when they start wondering.

But kids aren't supposed to be schmoozing in the schools, anyway. The rule for kids should be "knock that shit off on school grounds" along with a healthy dose of "how tacky do you want to be?" and "you aren't old enough to be engaging in any sexual behavior, wait until you're 30 to commit to it."

As far as school sponsored support groups for kids who are toying with the concept of homosexuality, I think it's a huge stinking pile of bear excrement. Educate them about Aids and how to avoid it, and pregnancy and how to avoid it (try NO SEX, KIDS!) but as far as expounding on the normalcy of homosexuality or sexual experimentation, that should be as taboo as teaching one particular religion in public school.

Does that go for both heterosexuality and homosexuality?

Yes. I don't want the schools teaching my kids to have sex or making them feel safe about having it while they're in school, period.

And not because I don't like sex. It's because kids aren't ready for it in any way shape or form, and because they need to be focusing on other things during school.

And what if it comes up...say in 1st grade.

A kid asks the teacher: "Why do I have a mommy and a daddy, but Jimmy has two mommies?"

What should the teacher say per policy?

Should she say "We don't discuss that" or "Mind your own business" or "Jimmy's moms are committing a sin in the eyes of the Lord" or should the teacher just ignore the question?

I think that we should teach that "occult" beliefs are not only bad, but damaging to the country.

When you look at the contributions to American society from the gays, the contributions are way out of proportion to their small numbers.

Now, mystical beliefs, witchcraft, supernatural. Anything connected to the "unreal" is terrible and damaging. People don't achieve their full potential if they believe in magical, invisible spirits.

Stay away from indoctrinating our children in that nonsense and the country would be better served.

No one raises their children to be gay. Just ask Dick Cheney, Phylis Schlafly and Alen Keyes. They know. Don't children have a hard enough time without anti American Republicans trying desperately to make their lives miserable? It's all jealously. All that talent in a small few. Republicans, a resounding lack of talent. Pity. For the gays, not the Republicans.

I think that we should teach that "occult" beliefs are not only bad, but damaging to the country.

When you look at the contributions to American society from the gays, the contributions are way out of proportion to their small numbers.

Now, mystical beliefs, witchcraft, supernatural. Anything connected to the "unreal" is terrible and damaging. People don't achieve their full potential if they believe in magical, invisible spirits.

Stay away from indoctrinating our children in that nonsense and the country would be better served.

No one raises their children to be gay. Just ask Dick Cheney, Phylis Schlafly and Alen Keyes. They know. Don't children have a hard enough time without anti American Republicans trying desperately to make their lives miserable? It's all jealously. All that talent in a small few. Republicans, a resounding lack of talent. Pity. For the gays, not the Republicans.

Fair enough about the "indoctrinating"...but that doesn't answer my questions about what should be said when it is brought up.

Should a school not allow both of Jimmy's moms to attend his talent show?

Should it be taught that homosexuality is bad, thus telling Jimmy that his parents are bad?

The teacher should say families come in all shapes and sizes, and leave it at that.

Lots of families are non-traditional and it has nothing to do with alternate sexuality. Brothers and sisters live together and raise kids together (and no incest jokes, PLEASE) and many, many single parents live with their own parents.

My mom and sister helped me raise my two older boys. I spent a lot of time living in my mom's house, and when the boys became older and were going through a difficult period, I split them up and I'd take one for a year or so, and the other would live with my sister, then we switched out. It worked well because we lived close to each other...I still saw the boys every day, I still went to the school functions, but they needed to be separated until they quit trying to kill each other.

I had a couple of very dear gay male friends I lived with for a while when my boys were young. I was working in a different town from the boys' school, so they were staying with my mom. We saw each other a couple of times during the week, and then I'd join them at mom's on the weekends. The boys never even questioned it. They knew the guys shared a bedroom, but other than that, the gay guys weren't demonstrative, and they were an absolute blast to be around. I don't even remember it ever coming up...I may have told the boys (they were about 11-13) that John & Jesse were gay and it was their business, not ours.

A kid asks the teacher: "Why do I have a mommy and a daddy, but Jimmy has two mommies?"

Should she say "We don't discuss that" or "Mind your own business" or "Jimmy's moms are committing a sin in the eyes of the Lord" or should the teacher just ignore the question?

I never heard of a kid asking that. Do you know that for sure or is it just speculation?

Besides, if that kid is straight, nothing will change that, ever. Why is the truth so scary? I see it on other threads. Republicans freak out when they hear the truth. It's like, so terrifying for them.

Cracks me up when Republicans think kids can be "recruited". It's like gays are these delectable and mesmerizing people that are completely irresistible. Breath the same air and you could get "turned".

A smart teacher would say, "Don't ask questions about people behind their back. If you have a question, ask them".

That's what's called, "A teaching moment".

Last edited by a moderator:

I actually agree with part of what you said, shocker....yes, gays and bisexuals have contributed a LOT in all areas of society.

But you're wrong when you characterize Republicans as being "anti-gay". We aren't anti-gay. We, like you, are against the indoctrination of children. That includes indoctrination into sexual behavior..whether it's homosexual or heterosexual. They don't need the schools to encourage their sexuality. They need schools to teach them how to read, write, and think criticially...and stay out of religion, sexuality, and politics.

Fair enough about the "indoctrinating"...but that doesn't answer my questions about what should be said when it is brought up.

Should a school not allow both of Jimmy's moms to attend his talent show?

Should it be taught that homosexuality is bad, thus telling Jimmy that his parents are bad?

I've never heard of a school banning anyone from attending school functions based on their sexuality. Provided they aren't wearing a t-shirt that says "Fuck At Will".

I don't think schools are in any position to teach anything about homosexuality. If they teach "safe sex" it should apply to any sex. They don't have to make a discinction.

At the same time, they should not teach that it is good. The same thing would be true about any sex. Placing a value on it will automatically violate someone's casues.

How is it that people think we should teach the moral views of some, and not of the rest? People don't want moral values taught by the religious (Christians), but seem to allow for the non religious to teach some moral values. That is hypocritical, and a double standard.

And no, it's not the school's job to teach that homosexuality is bad, either. It's the school's job to explain that sex with anyone is a dangerous proposition for kids, and encourage them to avoid it during school years.

Tell him he needs to ask his parents about that. That is all.

...We, like you, are against the indoctrination of children. That includes indoctrination into sexual behavior..whether it's homosexual or heterosexual. They don't need the schools to encourage their sexuality...

Where are these schools that are "indoctrinating" kids about sex?

They didn't do that at my public school.

Is it part of the offical school curriculum?

Forum List

Back