Should schools teach that homosexuality is bad?

...We, like you, are against the indoctrination of children. That includes indoctrination into sexual behavior..whether it's homosexual or heterosexual. They don't need the schools to encourage their sexuality...

Where are these schools that are "indoctrinating" kids about sex?

They didn't do that at my public school.

Is it part of the offical school curriculum?

The highschools are big on having "secret" gay support clubs. The counselors turn the kids onto them. I know because I've covered them and their activities...which included (in the town I was working in) a big gay production in the community which was completely inappropriate for confused teen kids.

Funny as hell for adults, though.

Our Mission. PFLAG promotes the health and well-being of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender persons, their families and friends through: support, to cope with an adverse society; education, to enlighten an ill-informed public; and advocacy, to end discrimination and to secure equal civil rights. Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays provides opportunity for dialogue about sexual orientation and gender identity, and acts to create a society that is healthy and respectful of human diversity.

What is PFLAG?

"PFLAG" is Parents, Families & Friends of Lesbians & Gays. We are a national support, education and advocacy organization for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered (GLBT) people, their families, friends and allies. With 200,000 members and supporters, and local affiliates in more than 500 communities across the U.S. and abroad, PFLAG is the largest grassroots-based family organization of its kind. PFLAG is a non-profit organization and is not affiliated with any religious or political institutions. What does PFLAG do?

PFLAG supports GLBT people, their families and friends through local PFLAG chapter helplines and support group meetings and locally and nationally produced resources. PFLAG educates families and provides public education on sexual orientation, gender identity and GLBT issues. PFLAG chapters educate their communities through a variety of local projects and nationally PFLAG continues to provide fair and accurate information about GLBT people and their loved ones. PFLAG also advocates for equal rights for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered people. Locally, PFLAG activists work for change in their communities. Nationally, PFLAG staff and volunteer leaders lobby for fairness and acceptance.

PFLAG advocates for GLBT equality through civil rights legislation and legal protections. Learn more about the issues facing our families. You can help advocate for fairness and move equality forward. Take Action!

I'm fine with PFLAG. I have a problem with school counselors recruiting kids to join. And that's what I saw.

I'm fine with PFLAG. I have a problem with school counselors recruiting kids to join. And that's what I saw.
PFLAG doesn't "recruit"; there is no "membership"

Counselors who feel individuals would benefit from the resources are referred, just as depressed teens are referred to Yellow Ribbon and other organizations and thugs may be referred to organizations that help them get out of the gang life

I fully support everything I ever saw the local PFLAG do

Last edited:
They also work closely with organizations that provide education regarding sexually transmitted diseases and provide referrals to psychological and medical aid.They help teens come out to their families and help those who are disowned (quite a number) find safe places to go.

What you probably saw and didn't understand was counselors/teachers telling kids about the program and suggesting they check it out to see whether they might benefit. Had you bothered to ask questions instead of jumping to conclusions, you might have learned that PFLAG is a very good thing.

Robin's brother was gay. Remember, uncle what's his name and aunt what's his name.

Also, the end monologue about all the different types of family makes me cry every single time.

What you probably saw and didn't understand was counselors/teachers telling kids about the program and suggesting they check it out to see whether they might benefit. Had you bothered to ask questions instead of jumping to conclusions, you might have learned that PFLAG is a very good thing.

You fucking idiot, I did a write up on it. I interviewed the counselor, and I got to go watch the fucking production they took all the kids to.

A completely male, half naked, cast dancing and singing very racy stuff, btw.

If you disapprove of a specific production contact the local chapter with your concerns

God would you shut up already?

I enjoyed the production, it was hilarious.

It was NOT fare for kids, and the kids were there, courtesy of PFLAG.

Also, as I've said, I've no problem with PFLAG. So long as school counselors aren't recruiting kids to participate in it DURING SCHOOL HOURS.

Forum List

Back