Should polygamy be legalized? (Poll)

Should the Federal government pass a law to allow polygamy?

• Yes

Votes: 27 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 22 44.9%

• Total voters
Answer the questions, coward.

Are you catching on to how stupid you sound, yet?
Im not.
You are comparing murder and pedophilia to a dude marrying a few chicks. Do you know how stupid YOU sound?
Here, let me try to sound smart like g5000.
"false equivalency. Drink more piss. trump trump trump trump trump trump trump I suck govt dick trump trump trump trump"

Now that the government approved gay marriages, what's the next taboo we can fix?

Polygamy
Polygamy is the practice of marrying multiple spouses. When a man is married to more than one wife at the same time, sociologists call this polygyny. When a woman is married to more than one husband at a time, it is called polyandry. In contrast to polygamy, monogamy is marriage consisting of only two parties.Wikipedia

Why not? The democrats have made every other form of degenerate behavior legal, why not this?

Sociologists have shown the polygamous societies are extremely violent. It's not psychologically healthy for males to have no way of getting wife because wealthy men have taken them all.
Oh shit! I never thought of having more than two wives when doing the OP?!

So then when he divorces one wife, or she divorces him, she only gets 1/3, or 1/4 or 1/5 of the "group's" wealth when the divorce is settled? Would the wealth of the sister-wives count in the distribution?

The way it is now the wealth is split in half.

I'm very happy I voted NO to poly marriages!!

Third option. Why is Government involved in "marrying" people in the first place. Half the problem with this issue is that the Government coopted the word marriage.

Because it is a legal contract that Government is required to enforce and if necessary, dissolve

As long as all involved are consisting adults I don't see any reason why The government should have any say in it

Will someone please name any society in which polygamy did not lead to the exploitation of underaged girls.
While you're at it please name the non-polygamist societies which don't have exploited underaged girls.

What about the age of consent? When should girls be allowed to marry? 16? 14? 12?
I'm fine with laws that help keep society on a good track, morals are not a bad thing for a society to have.
Not everyone shares the same morals. For example some people believe it's immoral for same sex couples to get married But not everyone believes that.

If your morals are based on religious belief then enforcing those morals on everyone else Is a form of tyranny.

As long as all involved are consenting adults, The government should have no say in who's allowed to get married.

Because it is a legal contract that Government is required to enforce and if necessary, dissolve
Yeah I get it but the problem is when the secular side says "marriage" they mean something different than when the nonsecular side says it. The solution is to just have 2 different words since we are talking about 2 different things. Let the non secular aspect of marriage be called marriage and the secular side of it be called ____________ (insert word here). I think we would find that many of the arguments surrounding this issue go away.

Not everyone shares the same morals. For example some people believe it's immoral for same sex couples to get married But not everyone believes that.

If your morals are based on religious belief then enforcing those morals on everyone else Is a form of tyranny.

As long as all involved are consenting adults, The government should have no say in who's allowed to get married.
Are you married to your dog?

So then what do you say about the "same sex pervs" having access to young impressionable school kids, in direct violation of parental wishes who are trying to instill CHRISTIAN VALUES into THEIR CHILDREN?

Democrats think that kids are up for grabs.

Forum List

Back