CDZ Should firearm training be free for the poor, or at least have a government program for free trainin

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
This article brings up an interesting idea....since owning a gun is a Right, and any Poll Tax or Literacy Test on a Right is unConstitutional.....if those opposed to gun ownership are worried about guns....should the government offer free training programs for gun owners.....not as a mandate, but as a free courtesy to help those too poor to get the training on their own?

The laughable arguments against constitutional carry - Hot Air

We’re not talking about a privilege which is granted to you as some sort of gift by the government and can just as easily be taken away. It’s a fundamental right which was built into the Constitution and it can only be removed in extreme situations where you have proven that you are too dangerous and/or unstable to be trusted with the right.

--------

All the states should be making sure that education and training for gun safety are available to all their citizens for a reasonable price (if not for free).

But we should also remember that liberals continually try to treat firearms as if they are some mythical totem which is somehow different from every other potentially dangerous tool crafted by the hand of man.

Frankly, I don’t think you should be using a chainsaw in your back yard until you’ve had at least some level of training on how to employ one safely and effectively. But the responsibility for that falls on you. And if you wind up injuring yourself or others or causing property damage when you drop a tree on your neighbor’s house, you’re the one stuck paying the price.

my high school provided an obligatory course in Typing and Driving (cars) -----
use of guns ------would be consistent

I agree completely. There is a constitutional right to own a gun if you so choose, so the government should pay so that constitutionally granted right can be enjoyed as safely as possible. Of course, that means that the right to an abortion, which is also a constitutional right if the woman so chooses, should also be paid for by the government so that constitutionally granted right can be practiced as safely as possible too. This is fun. What other constitutional rights do you want the government to pay for? Mark this day down. We are finally in agreement.

I agree completely. There is a constitutional right to own a gun if you so choose, so the government should pay so that constitutionally granted right can be enjoyed as safely as possible. Of course, that means that the right to an abortion, which is also a constitutional right if the woman so chooses, should also be paid for by the government so that constitutionally granted right can be practiced as safely as possible too. This is fun. What other constitutional rights do you want the government to pay for? Mark this day down. We are finally in agreement.

obesity

obesity

Perfect. We all have the right to be obese if we want to. 2aguy and I both agree that the government should pay for us to become obese if we want to, and then pay for any medical problems that might cause. See, his idea about government paid for gun courses wasn't as crazy as some might have thought.

obesity

Perfect. We all have the right to be obese if we want to. 2aguy and I both agree that the government should pay for us to become obese if we want to, and then pay for any medical problems that might cause. See, his idea about government paid for gun courses wasn't as crazy as some might have thought.

The needs of the obese are not limited to the associated illnesses-------
even the CLOTHING needs increase-----and special airplane accomodations.

I think in CA you have to get a background check to even buy Ammo? Is this costly? even box of 100 "22" rounds, or 12GA shotgun shells?

There is a constitutional right to vote, should there be FREE voter ID's? I am all for training of weapons, just as long as those who purchase weapons are law abiding citizens, not some flaming liberal who wants to go shoot blacks in a poor church. Or a movie theater in Colorado. Or kids in an elementary school. If you are nuts, and the leftwing is nuts, ban them from learning how to shoot, don't give them a voter ID and send them all to Cuba. The US would be great again. Liberals are miserable wretches.

persons seeking to buy baseball bats should be subjected to
background checks. It seems to me that about 30% of
murders presented on the TV series "snapped" involve base-
ball bats

There is a constitutional right to vote, should there be FREE voter ID's?
YES

No. Nothing is free. Yet another tax would have to be applied for the offering of "free" anything to be applicable. Get the NRA to pay for "free" firearm training courses held in sports and gun shops and gun fairs. They'll sell more guns and we won't have to pay $30.00 for $15.00 worth of shells.< thanks a lot Obomba.
It is called Constitutional carry for a reason. Our founding fathers gave us that right for free. It is a done deal. Any restrictions by our government, concerning firearms, is infringing on a right that was so important that the founders included, with that right, that it not be infringed upon.
Get the government out of our lives.

Last edited:
There is a constitutional right to vote, should there be FREE voter ID's? I am all for training of weapons, just as long as those who purchase weapons are law abiding citizens, not some flaming liberal who wants to go shoot blacks in a poor church. Or a movie theater in Colorado. Or kids in an elementary school. If you are nuts, and the leftwing is nuts, ban them from learning how to shoot, don't give them a voter ID and send them all to Cuba. The US would be great again. Liberals are miserable wretches.
We have a Second Amendment. Better aqueducts, better roads, and more well regulated militia, is the answer to any State's security problems.

The defense and protection of the state and of the United States is an obligation of all persons within the state. The legislature shall provide for the discharge of this obligation and for the maintenance and regulation of an organized militia.

I make a motion under the common law, to request the Judiciary "enroll" gun lovers who present themselves in any superior Court, with Only an inferior argument, to be enrolled in our State militia to become more well regulated.

Since when did people have to pay to vote???? Or am I misunderstanding something???

As for what is considered Constitutional nowadays??? I don't think the Government has any damn business in my bedroom, bathroom or what I do with my body. That's mine and they should stay the heck out.....those so called laws on the books shouldn't involve Federal Government.

As for guns? Gun safety and responsibility should be taught in schools to all students. There would be a lot less events involving kids with guns in the news.

obesity

They do already, food stamps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Training is an individual responsibility.

Owning and possessing guns at your home is a right.

Public possessing is not a right, it may be regulated by the States, per Scalia, in Heller.

The States normally require some kind of training for the CFP's -- from 1/2 to 2 days.

You might want to note that the examples you gave have already been fulfilled by right wing gun nuts, and the NRA is fighting daily to protect the rights of crazies to buy all the guns they want.

We have a Second Amendment. Better aqueducts, better roads, and more well regulated militia, is the answer to any State's security problems.

The defense and protection of the state and of the United States is an obligation of all persons within the state. The legislature shall provide for the discharge of this obligation and for the maintenance and regulation of an organized militia.

I make a motion under the common law, to request the Judiciary "enroll" gun lovers who present themselves in any superior Court, with Only an inferior argument, to be enrolled in our State militia to become more well regulated.

Great idea. We should have an accurate database of all those patriotic gun owning militia members.

Abortion is not a Constitutional Right.....the ability to murder a defenseless human is not a Right, that is a crime.

obesity

And who said I agree with the article...or the premise? I put this here to discuss.....

For me.....any time the government provides something you can bet it will try to control it. Free training would become mandatory, and there would go the actual practice of the Right...

Training should not be a requirement any more than when the democrats used Literacy tests for blacks to vote.....

Voter I.D.s are already free....they can't charge for them....

Forum List

Back