Should felons be a "protected class"?

people change they reform. they do the right things. they say the right things. they learn their lessons and make better actions in the future. we already have a criminal justice system that locks people up for life if they haven't reformed or become useful citizens. problem solved. now the other ex-felons deserve an opportunity to live normal lives again. how do we enable them to live normal lives? either get rid of public notification and let people off the registry early or make them a protected class. either way they will be effective to live healthy, productive lives and make contributions to their communities and the world. So we don't let become teachers or camp counselors. i dont have any objection with letting a sex offender work at dunkin donuts, loews, home depot, cracker barrel restaurants, papa johns, domino's pizza, hotel jobs. retail jobs excluding kids clothing and kids toys, maybe we let them work at parks, let them work on bridges, use them in changing traffic signs and lights, let them work for public utilities, let them work in construction, let them work in landscaping. but the system my friends doesnt let them work anywhere right now. there are no opportunities for them and this is not a deal they made with any attorney or judge. so choose either protected class or give them their privacy back. if they get in trouble again there is jail time. we dont have to destroy their lives upon release from prison/jail. the current system though had good intentions doesnt protect anybody, prevent future crimes or make anyone safer. the laws have an unintended consequence it prevents one-time felons from gainful employment. it isolated one-time felons from re-integrating back into their communities. it prevents them from living with their families. it prevents them from having a support system. it prevents them from staying out of trouble. it prevents them from being awarded if they are good. it prevents them from being compensated if they work hard. it prevents them from finding and developing new relatiionships and friends. it prevents these people from liviing normal lives again regardless of their actual crime. i think we have all had enough of these shoot first and ask quesions later public safety decisions. i want everybody to feel safe and protected so i am in favor of repealing all current laws and giving people privacy even if they committed murder in their past life. everyone deserves a chance to make a living and have a new life. thank you. over-punishment is not the answer.

feel free to contact me at [email protected] if you know anybody that has a reason to fight these laws and i will help you in any way i can. the only way to bring about change, is to make change. the only way to bring about change is to sue them and have all of these glorious, feel-safe, prosecute anyone, lock anyone up for life system ruled unconstitutional. the key to people being happy is getting the supreme court of the usa to rule this shit is illegal and has to be taken down. we're close. need another challenge to megans law showing financial harm and citing kennedy v martinez-mendosa. the registy is no longer remedial and we can show that in court. depriving people of money, job opportunities, places to live is not remedial its punishment my friends and the lies about protecting people has to come to its final resting place - the trash can. the right to privacy, being able to live some kind of meaningful life has more value and purpose than public safety. the two are in direct conflict with each other, so one has to go. its not going to be the first one. goodbye public safety i wish you a happy burial and we will see you people in court. bring your briefcase loaded with lies about re-offenses - true re-offense in this country is 1.5% bring your lies and we will show them to be what they are - lies and dogshit. i'll see u guys in court. make sure you bring your party hats cus when we show that public safety is no different than the Nazis and the kkk, you will be going down for a long time. a long time. your lies wont work anymore. you can fool some of the people some of the time but you cant fool all the people all the time. lol.

Forum List

Back