Should Congress Legalize ALL Drugs, Including Meth?

Discussion in 'Congress' started by mal, Dec 2, 2009.

?

What Drugs, if ANY, Should be Legalized...

Poll closed Mar 12, 2010.
  1. 1.) None.

23.3%
  2. 2.) None and Criminalize Booze again.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3.) ALL!

40.0%
  4. 4.) Some... List the ones that are Special to you.

36.7%
  1. PatekPhilippe

PatekPhilippe Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,200
    All you have to do is look at your bong water or that roach your smoking. See all of that brown shitty goop on or in the water? Well smoke a few joints a day and tell me what your lungs will look like after a year....not to mention you won't have any glaucoma problems but you will be so fricken dumbed down that seeing anything normally won't matter.

Like I said...go ahead...smoke all you want....do it in your own house...do it with all your friends....when you need to get all of that brown goopy shit pumped out of your lungs because you can't climb one flight of stairs without passing out from lack of oxygen don't ask me to pay your medical bills.

2. PatekPhilippe

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,200
    Wow...I had no idea you were an oncologist specializing in lung cancers and their respective causes.

You know that heavy burning sensation from inhaling marijuana smoke?....and then you laugh and call it cheap mexican dirt weed?...well anytime you feel like your throat and lungs are ON FIRE that's not normal.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...
    This website is one of those marijuana "myth buster" sites....and even they say they don't have a clue about the effects of marijuana smoke...they say it doesn't cause cancer but they're not sure.
    Myths and Facts About Marijuana

There is another study out there done at UCLA that says marijuana smoking in of itself doesn't cause cancer...but that's what they said about cigarettes for 50 years too.

Drugs and Human Performance FACT SHEETS - Cannabis / Marijuana ( D 9 -Tetrahydrocannabinol, THC)

3. PatekPhilippe

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,200
    Since the effects of cocaine are short lived one would have to be in the presence of said coke head and more than likely watch them consume the "8 ball". I personally cannot relate to this scenario but I can with a pothead....the pothead was listless, lazy and babbling incoherently after smoking some "purple hair sinsemilla". I personally witnessed them consume the entire contents of a freshly stocked refridgerator( at least 20 lb.s) in less than 90 minutes and then when they went back to sit on the couch it looked like they had a basketball under their T-shirt. I myself didn't smoke any...it was my younger half-brother. It was quite funny watching him interact with normal society. He's now in prison for 15 years because he robbed a liquor store to buy drugs.

4. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,311

sounds like a real winner. AND, he is probably a great example of the millions of robberies that happen every year by potheads looking for a fix!

:cuckoo:

:lol:

I'd bet money, marbles and chalk that the drug he was robbing to pay for wasn't pot.

5. PatekPhilippe

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,200
    Absolutely correct...marijuana was a gateway drug and he was into ice quite heavily by the time he destroyed his life.

6. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,311
    yea dude! Chances are MILK was the first think to start him on that path... And oxygen. Can't forget oxygen. AND, that nefarious grape flavored cough syrup they give to kids. Now THAT shit will send you on a path to drug dependence.

your scapegoat mentality reflects the rest of your less-than-impressive input in this thread.

7. geauxtohell

geauxtohell Choose your weapon.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,153
    Alcohol and cigarettes are "gateway drugs".

Lenny Bruce had this silly "gateway drug" talking point nailed in his "zig zag coverups" routine in 1961.

8. geauxtohell

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,153
    Again, it's a poor analogy.

Few people chain smoke joints. The 1/2 of THC is vastly higher than nicotine. That's why cigarette smokers that are hooked "chain smoke".

It's also why the concept of "light" cigarettes is ludicrous.

I am not saying MJ is good for your lungs, but they are not analogous to cigarettes.

9. geauxtohell

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,153
    Again, this is a drug 1/2 life issue. That's what drives the "rate" of smoking. If you smoke one cigarette a day, the odds for COPD and lung cancer are pretty low too.

The problem is, no one just smokes "one cigarette" (discounting social smokers).

10. Richard-H

Richard-H Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,151
    Let's see:

I smoked pot habitually from the time I was 14 to the time I was 33. I quit without the slightest problem, just because I was sick of having a group of friends that were obsessive about smoking pot.

I drank heavily from the time I was 16 to the time I was 24. I reduced my drinking without the slightest problem to no more that 3 (sometimes 4) beers or glasses of wine a day. I never drink hard liquor anymore (I loved scotch). I quit becuase I had weird working hours - I'd arrive at bars late at night when I was still dead sober - when I saw how fucking disgusting really drunk people were - I cut my drinking down immediately.

I have tried just about every illegal drug except for herion - none, except pot, ever appealed to me so none ever became a habit.

I have been smoking cigareetes from the time I was 13 to the present (I'm 51 years old). I have tried to quit dozens of times and I can't. I've tried hypnosis, patches, gum...everything. I know that it's going to kill me in a few years - but I still can't quit.

'nuff said....