Should Churches be forced to accomodate for homosexual weddings?

Should places of worship be required to hold gay weddings

• Yes, Denmark does it, the Scandinavians are enlightened

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • No, I THOUGHT this was AMERICA

Votes: 198 81.8%
  • You are a baby brains without a formed opinion

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other, explain

Votes: 22 9.1%

• Total voters
Yup, father of four, husband for decades, grandfather of fifteen, happily married to a wonderful woman, and just enjoy making the bigots of the far right and the sillies of the far left toe the line.

Before i put in my 2 cents, i will be upfront thatcI have not read all the comments yet.

I do not believe churches should be mandated to marry same sex couples even though i believe in marriage equality

Forcing anyone to go against thier religion, no matter what, is wrong.

Before i put in my 2 cents, i will be upfront thatcI have not read all the comments yet.

I do not believe churches should be mandated to marry same sex couples even though i believe in marriage equality

Paraphrased quote above:
"Hi, I am a manufactured poster made to look like a newby to this topic. I'm am saying that somehow I'm for gay marriage because I believe in marriage equality but I somehow wouldn't pick "other than" option on the poll and instead would vote that I'm strongly against gay marraige forced on churches."

Yes, i support marriage equality, but at the same time im against the government forcing the church to marry same sex couples, whats hard to understand about that?

And is every new person a "manufactured newby"?

Then you can show me the word "marriage" in the Constitution.

Just like many of our rights- including the right to privacy- including the right for mixed race couples to marry- these rights have been enumerated through Supreme Court rulings.

From the landmark case of Loving v. Virginia

"The freedom to marry has long been recognized as one of the vital personal rights essential to the orderly pursuit of happiness by free men."

"Marriage is one of the 'basic civil rights of man,' fundamental to our very existence and survival."

Just one of many rulings which declare that marriage is a basic civil right of Americans.
No such thing related to two fags marrying is listed because a bunch of queer loving Liberals misinterpreted the Constitution.

"The freedom to marry has long been recognized as one of the vital personal rights essential to the orderly pursuit of happiness by free men."

"Marriage is one of the 'basic civil rights of man,' fundamental to our very existence and survival."

"fags"....."kikes".....'spics'.....'chinks'.....'nips'......'n*****rs'....'c**ts'

All words used by the same people for the same purpose.

Seems you think a so called right to marriage is unlimited. You would be wrong. No one is denied the right to marry.

The Lovings were denied the right to marry each other.

Just as two men are being denied marriage to each other.

The State can restrict the right to marriage- but it must establish a significant state interest that is accomplished by denying that right- and no one has been able to come up with a more significant reason to deny two men from marrying each other that is much beyond "Its icky"

No one is being denied a right to marry. It is being restricted. Seems all the faggots had to do to get a sympathetic, Liberal, queer loving judge to agree with them is whine like the little sissys they are.

Paraphrased quote above:
"Hi, I am a manufactured poster made to look like a newby to this topic. I'm am saying that somehow I'm for gay marriage because I believe in marriage equality but I somehow wouldn't pick "other than" option on the poll and instead would vote that I'm strongly against gay marraige forced on churches."

Paraphrased quote above:

"If I posted here regularly, I would know that Silhouette is going to misrepresent what I say, like everything else.

Just like many of our rights- including the right to privacy- including the right for mixed race couples to marry- these rights have been enumerated through Supreme Court rulings.

Just one of many rulings which declare that marriage is a basic civil right of Americans.
No such thing related to two fags marrying is listed because a bunch of queer loving Liberals misinterpreted the Constitution.

"fags"....."kikes".....'spics'.....'chinks'.....'nips'......'n*****rs'....'c**ts'

Seems you think a so called right to marriage is unlimited. You would be wrong. No one is denied the right to marry.

The State can restrict the right to marriage- but it must establish a significant state interest that is accomplished by denying that right- and no one has been able to come up with a more significant reason to deny two men from marrying each other that is much beyond "Its icky"

No one is being denied a right to marry. It is being restricted. Seems all the faggots had to do to get a sympathetic, Liberal, queer loving judge to agree with them is whine like the little sissys they are.

Paraphrased quote above:

Silo.....the straw poll doesn't ask about marriage equality. It doesn't ask about the legality of gay marriage. Why then would I answer 'other' on a poll that doesn't ask about gay marriage legality?

Why would anyone? You're again projecting your beliefs onto other people. That process has failed you again and again and again. If you want to know the national sentiment about gay marriage, check any of the polls taken in the last 18 months on the topic. They all show solid support for gay marriage by a margin of 12 to 19 points.

All of them. And there are dozens. Every single one of them asks about the legality of gay marriage. Your straw poll never does.

Yes, i support marriage equality, but at the same time im against the government forcing the church to marry same sex couples, whats hard to understand about that?

No. But you are.

All of them. And there are dozens. Every single one of them asks about the legality of gay marriage. Your straw poll never does.

A. It's not my poll. I'm not the OP of this thread. How many times do you have to be reminded of that?

B. The legality is implied in the question which uses the word "force". In America, you cannot "force" someone to do something unless the law is behind you.

You are precious. Please, please, please, keep spewing your bile. The more and more of you folks that shout this nonsense from the rooftops the more people you continue to alienate. The gay community and our allies thank you for your contributions to the cause.

The legality is implied in the question which uses the word "force". In America, you cannot "force" someone to do something unless the law is behind you.

Obviously it isn't. As poster after poster after poster demonstrates when they express their overwhelming support for gay marriage and their opposition of requring places of worship to accomidate gay weddings. The first is marriage under the law. The second is religion.

They aren't the same thing. You imagine they are. And your imagination has no relevance to anyone else's opinion.

No credible pollster would *ever* insist that a straw poll that doesn't even ask about gay marriage legality was an accurate measurement of gay marriage legality. Especially when dozens of conventional polls explicitly asking about marriage equality contradict the straw poll.

As all the conventional polls on the topic do.

Taxing dividends is a just recommendation for share holders being protected by partial liability.

With HL and CU, we have opened the door to treating corporations in criminal courts as persons for criminal activities and liabilities.
"get with the program"

Seems the Democrat program is to pander to any group in order to buy votes. No thanks.
The blacks tried to get off the plantations for 300 years and the Liberals have been pulling them back onto them for the last 150.

Your post is nothing more than that of a rabid rat gnashing his feet because the world won't be the way he wants it to be.

Says the one that demands the definition of marriage be re-written to suit his beliefs about two fags marrying and State laws be overturned for the same reason. Your problem is you do the same thing you accuse me of doing yet try, but ultimately fail, to justify how you doing it is OK.
My justification is the Constitution, instead of your ideology and church propaganda.

Then you can show me the word "marriage" in the Constitution.
It's right next to the word "procreation".

Which is right under interstate and intrastate travel.

You are precious. Please, please, please, keep spewing your bile. The more and more of you folks that shout this nonsense from the rooftops the more people you continue to alienate. The gay community and our allies thank you for your contributions to the cause.

Yeah, the repeated use of "fag" is especially adorable...but don't call him a bigot!!!!

Please keep thinking that the marriage of two of your kind will ever be equivalent to my marriage. You are and always will be nothing more than a dick sucking faggot.

Yeah, the repeated use of "fag" is especially adorable...but don't call him a bigot!!!!

His continued being one is why he is called one. Since you think it's OK, you're on the same level.

No. But you are.
Hoisted, Sil. That's good. The poll says nothing about marriage equality.

Welcome, mmorado, Sil is simply unhappy almost no one takes her seriously on the Board.

Please keep thinking that the marriage of two of your kind will ever be equivalent to my marriage. You are and always will be nothing more than a dick sucking faggot.

Your attitude reflected here tells us that your marriage is lower an almost any folks' marriages. You have no compassion, no sense of concern for others, absolutely no "faith, hope, charity" in your life.

Last edited:

No. But you are.
Hoisted, Sil. That's good. The poll says nothing about marriage equality.

Welcome, mmorado, Sil is simply unhappy almost no one takes her seriously on the Board.

Thanks... i figured there are people like that on every site lol

Forum List

Back