Should businesses be taxed at all?

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
I want to throw this question out there because it just seems that any tax a business pays gets passed onto the consumer. It is just a part of the cost of doing business that the consumer ends up paying for in higher cost to them so why even tax businesses at all if this is true? This wouldn't be to practical on the federal level but on the state or city level it might since it might attract a lot of businesses into that state. The lure of paying absolutely no taxes must be appealing to any business whatsoever so why even tax a business if the outcome can be positive for the local area?

You basically said everything I was going to reply with. Businesses simply don't pay taxes, the middle class does, and there's no way to make them do so. If a way was found, we risk them leaving.

I want to throw this question out there because it just seems that any tax a business pays gets passed onto the consumer.

Nonsense, tax on business is passed on cost to consumer no more than tax on consumer is reduced profit for business.

I want to throw this question out there because it just seems that any tax a business pays gets passed onto the consumer. It is just a part of the cost of doing business that the consumer ends up paying for in higher cost to them so why even tax businesses at all if this is true? This wouldn't be to practical on the federal level but on the state or city level it might since it might attract a lot of businesses into that state. The lure of paying absolutely no taxes must be appealing to any business whatsoever so why even tax a business if the outcome can be positive for the local area?

Of course businesses should be taxed. But at the rate they are? No way. People wonder why companies have deserted this country as fast as they could - massive regulations (Barack Obama) and un-godly high taxes (Barack Obama).

Lower the tax rate to a reasonable amount, drop 95% of these 214,000 regulations against business in the is country and you will see them begin to return (hopefully).

Who consumes/uses most public infrastructure resources? Who has the most to protect? Who should repay the national debt?
the welfare scum?
It is not the welfare class that is governments liabilities it is those collecting social security and Medicaid.

The average hard working American who pays taxes their whole life will take more from the government than they pay in through social security and Medicare.That is the largest contribution to the national debt.

The government has promised everybody more than the government can afford.

Who consumes/uses most public infrastructure resources? Who has the most to protect? Who should repay the national debt?
the welfare scum?
It is not the welfare class that is governments liabilities it is those collecting social security and Medicaid.

The average hard working American who pays taxes their whole life will take more from the government than they pay in through social security and Medicare.That is the largest contribution to the national debt.

social security is not funded through a tax.
Medicare is not funded through a tax
They are considered contributions and were not meant to be used for anything other than what the money was taken for.
Medicaid is a drain, its not something people put into in order to qualify for at a later date.
Welfare is a drain, its money not earned or contributed to by the scum.
Get rid of medicaid and welfare completely and we can see a reduction in our taxes.

the welfare scum?

Well, each year the US government gives "farm subsidies" to folks like Paul Allen (Billionaire), Penny Pritzker (billionaire) Ted Turner (Billionaire) Jon Bon Jovi, Bruce Springsteen, Alice, Jim and Rob Walton of Walmart - on and on and on.

http://www.economist.com/news/unite...mers-grow-subsidies-instead-milking-taxpayers

This has been going on for 50 years. Think that is right? I don't.

the welfare scum?

They are considered contributions and were not meant to be used for anything other than what the money was taken for.
Medicaid is a drain, its not something people put into in order to qualify for at a later date.
Get rid of medicaid and welfare completely and we can see a reduction in our taxes.

I've paid for Social Security for 60+ years and am now receiving it. Social Security is the biggest ponzi scheme in the history of the world. always has been and it always will be. No one is supposed to touch it (by law) but each year, the politicians rob it blind, then tell us that it is "broke". Legal thievery.

Of course businesses should be taxed. But at the rate they are? No way. People wonder why companies have deserted this country as fast as they could - massive regulations (Barack Obama) and un-godly high taxes (Barack Obama).

Lower the tax rate to a reasonable amount, drop 95% of these 214,000 regulations against business in the is country and you will see them begin to return (hopefully).

I agree that the tax rate needs to be changed. While we are at it, we need to close the loopholes where they actually do pay what is needed.

Corporations and the Rich keep finding new ways to get around paying any kind of fair share. Here are some examples.

1. INVERSION. A company decides that it wants to pay ZERO taxes, it sells itself to a business that they purchased in Canada. That doesn't get them off the hook for taxes in either Canada or the US. Next, they open a financial office in the Caymens. The Caymen office loans millions to the US branch of the Company where they have to pay it back. Since the company in the US is now operating at even or a slight loss, they can't be taxed. The money never really changes hands. It finds it's way into a Caymen account. This legal in both the US and Canada.

2. MY ENTIRE LIFE IS TAX DEDUCTABLE. The top level managers spend very little themselves. Almost their entire life is written off by the corporation. This includes any improvements to their homes, their cars, their kids cars, their kids college education, food, even toilet paper. Ever wonder how Romney only paid 12% taxes? Some pay Zero.That new Yaht is paid for by the Company, owned by the Company as an advertising plan. Meanwhile, the CEO enjoys the hell out of it while putting parties for the Politicians that allow them to get away with this.

I think a 15% tax on businesses would be in order and don't allow anything else to get in it's way. You are right, we need to simplify it Anything past the first sentence will be misused.

And go after the CEOs that cheat the system. Start treating them exactly like Al Capone with the same vigour.

the welfare scum?

Welfare and Medicaid abuse and fraud is disgusting and very easy to point a finger at as why we have such a large deficit. But Medicaid and welfare as a whole are not a major component of the budget and the debt.
The largest contribution to the budget and the debt are the entitlement programs for good tax paying Americans.
Shortfalls in Social security and Medicare funding adds to the debt if not made up with other taxes.

the welfare scum?

Welfare and Medicaid abuse and fraud is disgusting and very easy to point a finger at as why we have such a large deficit. But Medicaid and welfare as a whole are not a major component of the budget and the debt.
The largest contribution to the budget and the debt are the entitlement programs for good tax paying Americans.
Shortfalls in Social security and Medicare funding adds to the debt if not made up with other taxes.
what entitlements for the taxpayers. I want to get in on this.
Shortfalls in Social security and medicare would not be an issue had they not been shifted to the general fund in order to rape them for other projects.

the welfare scum?

Shortfalls in Social security and medicare would not be an issue had they not been shifted to the general fund in order to rape them for other projects.
Social Security and medicare are not entitlements?
Social Security is a pyramid scheme that requires more people paying in than are collecting. That is not happening.
Medicare does not come close to paying for it's self because of high medical costs combined with older Americans have the highest per capita medical costs. No private company would insure them.

the welfare scum?

Social Security is a pyramid scheme that requires more people paying in than are collecting. That is not happening.
Medicare does not come close to paying for it's self because of high medical costs combined with older Americans have the highest per capita medical costs. No private company would insure them.
I agree, I am entitled to collect on something that I have paid into every single week that I have worked since 1978.
welfare is what is wrongly called an entitlement, those piles of feces pay nothing into it and get more out of it than anyone on Social Security will ever collect.
but, what real entitlements that I did not have to pay for are you referring to.

I agree, I am entitled to collect on something that I have paid into every single week that I have worked since 1978.
welfare is what is wrongly called an entitlement, those piles of feces pay nothing into it and get more out of it than anyone on Social Security will ever collect.
but, what real entitlements that I did not have to pay for are you referring to.

Social Security and Medicare is an entitlement provided by the government based on the entitled Americans paying into the Social Security and Medicare systems. Good tax paying Americans did nothing wrong but politicians over promised on the entitlements.

I didn't say people wouldn't be taxed or business owners would cease to pay any taxes. I said should a business pay any taxes at all. Their owners wouldn't pay any taxes involving their business but when they spend it personally they will pay a sales tax. People will still be paying taxes rich and poor alike.

Business should not pay taxes if they hire, pay well, and give good benefits in the US. Our corporate tax deductions should be based on those things. This is how we bring jobs back. If a company wants to pay 0 taxes they need to hire here and take care of their workers, not just the execs.

Business should not pay taxes if they hire, pay well, and give good benefits in the US. Our corporate tax deductions should be based on those things. This is how we bring jobs back. If a company wants to pay 0 taxes they need to hire here and take care of their workers, not just the execs.

Generally those things come naturally in a free market.

Forum List

Back