Should Bush be stripped of Heisman?

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
I say no.

I think it's ridiculous how much money schools make from sports while the players are essentially slave labor.

So fucking what if his family got paid. He was still the best player and earned the award on the field.

NEW YORK - The University of Southern California has already sent back its copy of Reggie Bush's Heisman Trophy.

The Heisman Trust, however, has yet to decide whether it will be asking the former USC star to return the famous bronze statue he won in 2005.

The president of the Heisman Trophy Trust, New York-based attorney William J. Dockery, said in a statement Wednesday that the organization has not determined when it will decide whether Bush should be stripped of his Heisman.

"The Trust will be considering the issues raised in the USC/Reggie Bush matter, and after reaching a decision will publish it, but due to the complex issues involved and the Trust's desire to reach an appropriate decision, no definitive timetable has been established," Dockery said. "Until the matter has been fully considered and a decision is reached, the Trust has no further comment."

On Tuesday, USC said it is returning its copy of Bush's trophy, among several measures the school is taking to distance itself from Bush in the wake of severe NCAA sanctions.

Bush, who now plays with the New Orleans Saints, was part of the focus of an NCAA investigation that determined he and his family received improper benefits from a marketing agent.

Heisman Trust: No decision yet on Bush's trophy - LA Daily News

Yes, he should be.

The rules might be idiotic, but they are still the rules. I am very much in support of the NCAA changing the rules.

However, I must say that I don't know much about this case, and could possibly be persuaded differently with more information.

I don't see why he should be stripped of a trophy he clearly earned.

If anyone should be penalized, it's the school.

If I was Bush I'd just sell the Heisman:

From OP

Bush, who now plays with the New Orleans Saints, was part of the focus of an NCAA investigation that determined he and his family received improper benefits from a marketing agent.

I bet he couldn't give a shit at this point one way or the other.

Colleges make billions off these athletes and the athletes receive nothing. I'm suprised the system has lasted this long.

I hope reggie doesn't care.
As a life long suffering now joyously happy saints fan and LSU fan.
Reggie went from the arch enemy USC to the promised land.
He is a football god now and needs to be above the ghestapo NCAA reprisals bothering him.
The saints wouldn't have won the big one without him being such a beast and moving the chains in the first half before Brees and our D bitch slapped Manning and the Colts.

He earned it based upon his athletic performance. Unless he is guilty of taking performance enhancing drugs, I say let him keep it.

If he violated the rules he should lose the trophy. As I read in a different article, various rules violations render a person ineligible for Heisman voting.

However, I too feel some of the rules should be changed but that would have nothing to do with the Bush case.

Question. If he is stripped of the award, would they give it to whomever came in second in the voting that year?

I think the NCAA should be sued in a class action by the players. Can you imagine, if the college you attended, told you you couldn't talk to head hunters in your chosen field before you graduated?

Colleges make billions off these athletes and the athletes receive nothing. I'm suprised the system has lasted this long.

Yeah, they receive nothing but a free college education valued at tens of thousands of dollars. I sure wouldn't mind not having to pay for my $60k in loans. They also receive visibility that could land them a spot on a professional team where they'll make millions.

Yeah, they receive nothing but a free college education valued at tens of thousands of dollars. I sure wouldn't mind not having to pay for my $60k in loans. They also receive visibility that could land them a spot on a professional team where they'll make millions.

Don't let your ignorance of reality get in the way of a nice rant. :thup:

Plenty of people get their college paid for by scholarships and grants. Are you saying they shouldn't be allowed to go job hunting before graduation?

For the NCAA which makes a billion dollars off these atheletes to be outraged at Bush shows their hypocricy

Not only should he lose his Heisman, he should be forced to pay for number of scholarships that USC lost due to his cheating. Actually, I take that back, he and Pete Carroll should have to split that cost. It's ridicolous that athletes and caoches break rules and go about their merry business while the schools and kids who werent even on campus when the violations occurred are left to clean up the mess.

Oh , don't give me that "but the athletes don't make jack " argument either. Bullshit. Do you know how much a full ride scholarship to USC is valued at ? $50K a year MINIMUM. That's not exactly chicken feed. Plus alll the extras you KNOW they get, plus they are set for life no matter what they do after they quit playing college ball, even if they don't graduate.

Fuck R Bush, he's a criminal as far as I'm concerned.

PS I have a picture of the thug flipping me off in 2005 when I called him a thug as he walked by me.

Forum List

Back