Should "Bosom Buddies" be censured for imitating Women?

leecross

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2019
If White people are in trouble for imitating Blacks, should men be in trouble if they imitate Women?

You might say that with Whites in blackface, it is a power thing.

I'm there. I get it.

But aren't Women assuming the victim role as a means of bashing men and gaining the victim's power over the newly cowed men?

Should Women take up arms, or if not arms, at least pxxxy hats, against Tom Hanks and the producers of the 80's sitcom, "Bosom Buddies"?

I have enjoyed his work, but let's not be hypocrites. What is good for the good is good for the gander, right?

(I am hoping to accelerate our education and deliberation about this stuff so we might come to the most sensible understanding of this in the least amount of time.)

Bosom Buddies is an American sitcom starring Tom Hanks and Peter Scolari created by Robert L. Boyett, Thomas L. Miller and Chris Thompson (Miller-Milkis-Boyett Productions). It aired for two seasons on ABC from November 27, 1980, to March 27, 1982, and in reruns in the summer of 1984 on NBC. The show features the misadventures of two single men, working in creative advertising, struggling in their industry while disguising themselves as women in order to live in the one apartment they could afford. Gender stereotypes and male/female interpersonal relationships were frequent themes.

Bosom Buddies - Wikipedia

Sent from my LG-M154 using Tapatalk

The thing about men dressing up as women started way back in the days of Shakespearean theater, where it was considered "unseemly" for a woman to be on stage. Hollywood turned it into a weird spectacle mostly intended to poke fun at the way women acted, like in the movie "Some Like It Hot." Then the cross-dressing thing took on a more SJW slant, trying to depict how women were poor "victims" and only by dressing up as a women, could we truly understand their pain.

The thing about men dressing up as women started way back in the days of Shakespearean theater, where it was considered "unseemly" for a woman to be on stage. Hollywood turned it into a weird spectacle mostly intended to poke fun at the way women acted, like in the movie "Some Like It Hot." Then the cross-dressing thing took on a more SJW slant, trying to depict how women were poor "victims" and only by dressing up as a women, could we truly understand their pain.

Or some people just like to feel pretty.
5af17eb319ee8618008b49ac-750-424.jpg

Misogynist but funnier than anything when this guy did it..

And witty and gay?

It was funny when this guy did it..

Benny Hill was a truly gifted humorist.

Forum List

Back