Should Black Kids Be Given I.Q. Tests?

Sawbriars

VIP Member
Feb 18, 2012
The liberals say no because they claim the i.q. tests are culturally biased.

Yet..........why is it that the 15% percent of black kids have no problem with the i.q. tests?

If the tests were all that biased against kids of color?....why do the intelligent black kids(15% of blacks have above average i.q.'s..meaning they score over 100--the average i.q.) have no problem with the tests.

Black Children Denied IQ Tests in California | Fox News

• Banned
There was a big spot on the local news regarding standardized tests.....one of the public schools set up a media event.....their motive being to show that "standardized tests do not measure what they are supposed to measure".....the exact words of the public school administrator who had set up the demonstration for the media.

What was the demonstration? The school brought in a white kid prone on a rolling bed of about 7 yrs. old who had experienced a heart attack which severely disabled him to the point where he could not hear plus other handicaps i.e. being a quadraplegic----then the school teacher began to administer the standardized test whch is according to them required by Federal Law.....the student could not even hear the questions.....at the conclusion of the test then the big honcho school administrator stepped in and said....do you see how standardized tests do not measure what they are supposed to measure? Of course the gullible media went along with this ridiculous event and joined in with the school administrator condemning all standardized testing on the grounds they do not measure what they are supposed to measure.

Now I suppose there are many shallow thinking people will give the school and the media a high 5....yes those damned standardized tests should be eliminated.

Now this was in Florida...not sure if this push to eliminate standardized testing is going on in other states...but kinda think it is a nationwide effort...instigated by the Feds in order to give different tests to kids of color...aka tests they can pass--then the tests given to all other races.

The object being of course to bring all those schools with so many black students up to par......anyone familiar with this school history of tring to bring all kids up to a average level failed miserable....the first solution was for teachers to cheat...to give black kids the answer....then we they got caught doing that they progressed to having special classes to teach students how to pass tests and to give black kids special tutoring....but none of that worked either......then they began to blame the teachers and then the teachers unions....now....since none of the above has been able to bring all kids up to the same norm....they are going to start giving black kids 'special tests' aka tests they can pass and viola! the problem of all kids not meeting the average or norm is solved.....hoorah! not

• Banned
Wow...I am amazed how quickly this thread was tucked away....i sorta think public schools and their problems is a huge political problem....for the whole nation....not just an educational problem....aka the education problem we have is a political problem...instigated by the Federal Governlment....at one time we had a public education system that was the envy of the world....our public school system only became dysfunctional when the Federal Government took control of it.

Naw, let's just go with Gingrich's idea.

Let them clean their school's toilets.

But, don't pay them, right?

Yet..........why is it that the 15% percent of black kids have no problem with the i.q. tests?

If the tests were all that biased against kids of color?....why do the intelligent black kids(15% of blacks have above average i.q.'s..meaning they score over 100--the average i.q.) have no problem with the tests.

From the article and the mother,
She refused and redoubled her commitment to fight for her child's right to be measured by the same standards as other kids
Simply because she and her son are black, the state and school system doesn't want to allow testing that she is asking for. Knowing the results would give the school and her knowledge to improve her sons education. How crazy is that.

• Banned

From the article and the mother,
She refused and redoubled her commitment to fight for her child's right to be measured by the same standards as other kids
Simply because she and her son are black, the state and school system doesn't want to allow testing that she is asking for. Knowing the results would give the school and her knowledge to improve her sons education. How crazy is that.

First the liberals say everyone is equal.....then they say black people's intelligence cannot be tested by a normal i.q. test....that said test is culturally biased....so black children must have their own test....or not be tested--preferably not tested since where can one find a i.q. test designed for blacks?

Well I am sure they will design one soon....anyone care to guess what sort of questions will be on it?

Then the next step will be to give different tests in general.....hmmmmmmmmmmm see where this is headed? Why dont they just simplify and give black kids a diploma gratis...at least as long as they are well behaved.............wait....they do that already...it is called affirmative action.

The problem is the psychologists are stupid.

I took an IQ test that asked questions about Cleopatra.

But we have teacher who try to convince kids they are stupid and define intelligence ans conforming. You can expect 15% to conform to any nonsense.

psik

The problem is the psychologists are stupid.

I took an IQ test that asked questions about Cleopatra.

But we have teacher who try to convince kids they are stupid and define intelligence ans conforming. You can expect 15% to conform to any nonsense.

psik

Despite all the liberal protests about the tests....they remain the best indicator of whether a child is capable of academic success.

Yet....even when it is clear a child is not they are allowed to remain in the classroom to disrupt others and cause extra work and problems for teachers already over stressed and too often victimized by thugs.

The wisest course of action would be to remove those incapable of academic success and put them in shop classes where they could learn a job skill....then the schools would be able to reach that average or norm that there is so much controversy about....aka the consistent refusal of the poowers to be to understand the biggest problem with the schools are the children...not the teachers.

Forced integration is leading to a whole new form of segregation.

Blacks are allowed to segregate from Whites, but Whites are not allowed to segregate themselves from Blacks.

Black Student Union, black Spring Break, Black Prom, Black Congressional Caucus, Black this, and Black that. If Whites try to do the same things there's a national outrage, lawsuits, Al Sharpton, Jesse jackson, and the Whites are labeled as a Racist Organization.
And now, a Black I.Q. test??
Meanwhile blacks are laughing their asses off about the whole situation.

I'm sick and tired of the Institutionalized Racism against the White Race!!

The article is ten years old, is it still an issue.

If so just shows again, how the liberals want to keep blacks down.

The "cultural bias" bullshit was put to bed years ago.

The people who write these tests are mainly liberal pinko commies with advanced degrees in education. If there were any way to make the tests more favorable to people in minority communities, they would find it and make the changes. The person who wrote above that they took an IQ test and it included a question on Cleopatra is a stone liar. Bull fucking shit. IQ tests measure cognitive ability, not specific knowledge.

It is true that there are different kinds of intelligence. I'm "smarter" than my wife, but she is a much better negotiator than I am, and her results prove it. Black people are linquistically adept, but that natural talent is lost because it is wasted on garbage communication and musical pursuits, and because small black children are not exposed to enough spoken language (number of different words) during the time when they should be learning new words like crazy.

But for the kinds of intelligence that are tested on common IQ tests, they are generally weak. Deductive reasoning, word association, mathmatical proficiency? Forget about it. Does that make them stupid? Hell no, but it means that they are never going to perform well, in large numbers, in a conventional academic environment. Thus 90% of Blacks who get PhD's get them in "Education," sociology, and other soft subjects.

And one can never forget that even though a group of people tend not to excell in an area, INDIVIDUALS within that group can have unlimited potential. And vice versa.

The "cultural bias" bullshit was put to bed years ago.

The people who write these tests are mainly liberal pinko commies with advanced degrees in education. If there were any way to make the tests more favorable to people in minority communities, they would find it and make the changes. The person who wrote above that they took an IQ test and it included a question on Cleopatra is a stone liar. Bull fucking shit. IQ tests measure cognitive ability, not specific knowledge.

It is true that there are different kinds of intelligence. I'm "smarter" than my wife, but she is a much better negotiator than I am, and her results prove it. Black people are linquistically adept, but that natural talent is lost because it is wasted on garbage communication and musical pursuits, and because small black children are not exposed to enough spoken language (number of different words) during the time when they should be learning new words like crazy.

But for the kinds of intelligence that are tested on common IQ tests, they are generally weak. Deductive reasoning, word association, mathmatical proficiency? Forget about it. Does that make them stupid? Hell no, but it means that they are never going to perform well, in large numbers, in a conventional academic environment. Thus 90% of Blacks who get PhD's get them in "Education," sociology, and other soft subjects.

And one can never forget that even though a group of people tend not to excell in an area, INDIVIDUALS within that group can have unlimited potential. And vice versa.

Excellent analysis...and I would agree....just because the majority of black kids may not do well in a white academic environment...it does not mean they could not be a success somewhere else.....at one time labor of any sort was valued....we need to get back to that and understand a carpenter, auto mechanic or anyone performing honest work is performing a service to society and deserves respect....too many black children are indoctrinated into believing they must be like that professional whitey who is a doctor or lawyer and lives in a mansion on the hill and has a yacht down at the dock.

Do not try and lie to yourself or let others lie to you and tell you that you are equal in all respects to all others.....btw no one is....every human being is unique and has his or her own talents or proclivities...try and understand yourself and above all think for yourself....and try and make a honest living...do not envy others or blame others for any of your failures......just go about your life doing good and working hard and honestly...you will be much better for it.

Despite all the liberal protests about the tests....they remain the best indicator of whether a child is capable of academic success.

Academic success?

Is that what this is?

Millions of people with college degrees can't figure out planned obsolescence is going on in cars. Is that really believable? If they are so smart how can they possibly not figure that out.

The Inspired Economist | Discussing the people, ideas, and companies that redefine capitalism and inspire positive change

psik

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the drawbacks of higher education and advanced degrees is that they are quite specialized. People assume that those with advanced degrees are generally well-informed, but that is often far from the truth. Ask a doctor or engineer about subjects unrelated to their particular area of expertise and although they are quite confident in their opinions (i.e., have a high opinion of their own knowledge base) they are often sadly misinformed outside their particular area of expertise.

One of the advantages of being a lawyer is that in the course of working on a wide variety of cases, you are forced to learn quite a bit about a wide variety of subjects.

The question asked of those young adults in the above panel is very illustrative of a lack of clear thinking. If the seasons were the result of distance from the sun, how could it be winter in one hemisphere and summer in the other?

Imagine how defective their beliefs are in more complex areas, like economics, immigration polity, taxation, and so on. It's no wonder we elect empty suits to high office.

Forum List

Back