Should Abortion Be Illegal Once a Heartbeat Is Detectable?

....Also, I love the quote....not allowing a woman to kill her unborn child is considered a "form of rape".

You wackos need to be put in a mental hospital.

Say what you like, it the pudding that counts, you care not for the living child as your political philosophy attests to too often, but you really really care about a few cells. Life is a powerful force you needn't worry about it, in the end it is the wackos as you name us who are pro-life, you are simply pro-controlling another person's life. Manage your own life and keep out of other's people's lives, this is still a free country in spite of religion based politics. Judge yourself.

"In the 1950s, about a million illegal abortions a year were performed in the U.S., and over a thousand women died each year as a result. Women who were victims of botched or unsanitary abortions came in desperation to hospital emergency wards, where some died of widespread abdominal infections. Many women who recovered from such infections found themselves sterile or chronically and painfully ill. The enormous emotional stress often lasted a long time."
HISTORY OF ABORTION
Boston Review — Judith Jarvis Thomson
Top 10 Anti-Abortion Myths - Top 10 Myths About Abortion
Why Francis Beckwith

What evidence do you have that my political philosophy attests to not caring for the living?

That is such an idiotic statement, it must be that "republicans don't believe in health care" thing you libs keep repeating to yourself.

Repeating the same bullshit over and over to yourself doesn't make it true, even if you start to believe in it. :lol:

Across the country, Republicans and Democrats are wrangling over proposed changes to state abortion laws. On Tuesday, the Ohio House of Representatives voted on a measure that has the power to transform the state’s — and the nation’s — abortion dialogue. In a landmark move, the House voted 54 to 43 to ban abortions after a fetal heartbeat becomes detectable to doctors.

The measure, known as the “Heartbeat Bill,” has been touted by Republicans in the state, with the majority of them voting affirmatively for its passage. There has been no shortage of controversy surrounding the proposal, as a heartbeat can be detected as early as six weeks (by some accounts, it can be found even earlier). Also, the measure does not include exemptions for rape or incest, but it does include one for the health of the mother. Reuters has more about this intriguing legislative initiative:

Should Abortion Be Illegal Once a Heartbeat Is Detectable? | Breaking news and opinion on The Blaze

Planned Parenthood would go bankrupt and the black population would explode if this law passes. Can't have that.

It's nice to think that will help, but it won't. Here's your education kids: A 'side effect' of sex is a baby. EDUCATION OVER.

Believe it or not, I am pro choice.......to a point. But the fact is the vast majority of abortions are performed for convenience reasons.

I disagree. How convienient is it for a women to go to a clinic, especially in a state like Kansas, with pickets out in front calling you a baby killer? Seems to me, and the women I've known intimately, the pill, IUD or diaphram is simpler, easier and damn effective.

Your comment is tantamount to Nancy Reagan's solution for drug abuse, just say no never worked and the result hasn't benefited anyone; how many billions have been wasted on the war on drugs; how many women became septic from back alley abortions? One is too many.

I'm not saying everyone must be abstinent if they don't want kids. I'm saying you're an idiot to think the abortion rate will drop by educating people on what everyone already knows.

I may be wrong asshole but I'm no idiot. If all you've got is name calling I'm done reasoning with you. Making a statement that "everyone already knows" without proof is an acknowledgement your argument is weak.

Funny how rabid abortion rights activists don't also rabidly support prostitution rights.

If the argument is one about sovereignty over one's own body, then they should just as vociferously support legalization of prostitution. Yet they don't.

That should tell you something.

I could not do it.
I think that women should be told the full facts before they make this decision.
They aren't. They find out about it after the abortion.
Abortionists don't want them to know, because they say it sways the woman's decision.
I think it is totally wrong not to be told before you have it done.

YouTube - ‪An Aborted Baby Dies A Violent Painful Death (Truth # 2)‬‏

So, do you agree age appropriate sex education including facts on contraception, STD, abortion, domestic violence and issues of power and control in relationships are needed?

I thought it was already being taught in High Schools.

Wry likes to pretend that he thinks there's a widespread epidemic in America of teenagers who don't know where babies come from, and have never heard of a condom.

These fvcking lib abortion doctors don't care, they would crash the skull of a 9 month old new born 10 minutes after ithe baby was born.

Murderers!!!

When it is moving it is alive, in or out of the womb.

Last edited:
Funny how rabid abortion rights activists don't also rabidly support prostitution rights.

If the argument is one about sovereignty over one's own body, then they should just as vociferously support legalization of prostitution. Yet they don't.

Well, your post tells me you don't have any evidence to support your allegation and even if you did the conclusion would not be valid.

Think about it.

So, do you agree age appropriate sex education including facts on contraception, STD, abortion, domestic violence and issues of power and control in relationships are needed?

I thought it was already being taught in High Schools.

Wry likes to pretend that he thinks there's a widespread epidemic in America of teenagers who don't know where babies come from, and have never heard of a condom.

You're very dishonest Ms. Nasty and not very bright. A condom is only one form of contraceptive, and one which won't work when the partner refuses to cooperate. There are some guys who measure their manhood by how many girls they impregnate. An IUD, Diaphram or the Pill are effective tools too, but do not protect from STD. Ignoring power and control issues in tween and teenage relationships suggests to me your ignorance maybe more than willful.

These fvcking lib abortion doctors don't care, they would crash the skull of a 9 month old new born 10 minutes after ithe baby was born.

Murderers!!!

Just think, our great leader was one of the few people to fight against the Born Alive Infant Protection Act while in Chicago, which made it illegal for doctors to kill babies that survived abortions.

I'm all for prostitution being legalized! It's absolutely an issue of people being allowed to do what they want with their own bodies.

Then again, I'm not rabidly for abortion rights. I'm for abortion being legal, but I have no problem with limits. I don't know if a detectable heartbeat is a good indicator of a cut-off point, I'm more concerned with brain development, but having a specific medical indicator used as a determining factor for when abortions are no longer legal makes sense to me.

Across the country, Republicans and Democrats are wrangling over proposed changes to state abortion laws. On Tuesday, the Ohio House of Representatives voted on a measure that has the power to transform the state’s — and the nation’s — abortion dialogue. In a landmark move, the House voted 54 to 43 to ban abortions after a fetal heartbeat becomes detectable to doctors.

The measure, known as the “Heartbeat Bill,” has been touted by Republicans in the state, with the majority of them voting affirmatively for its passage. There has been no shortage of controversy surrounding the proposal, as a heartbeat can be detected as early as six weeks (by some accounts, it can be found even earlier). Also, the measure does not include exemptions for rape or incest, but it does include one for the health of the mother. Reuters has more about this intriguing legislative initiative:

Should Abortion Be Illegal Once a Heartbeat Is Detectable? | Breaking news and opinion on The Blaze

Demagoguery at its finest. Did the 'moral' majority who voted in the affirmative also guarantee other rights after birth? Clean water, clean air, proper healthcare, a good educaton, a safe neighborhood, two parents who nurtured and didn't abuse and maintain a sober & clean home and offer proper nutrition?

Did they provide for free contraceptives to any women of child bearing years? Proper sex education in the schools so that young girls and boys understand the dangers of STD and methods to prevent pregnancy?

Do these same autocrats who deny women the right to chose also provide funding for providing women with an understanding of domestic violence, power and control and how a child makes extricating themselves from such a relationship much more dangerous for she and her children?

Did they fund shelter's for women and children? Did they fund the court system so prosecutors and probation officers are trained on victimology and domestic violence? Is there funding to treat offenders for substance abuse and anger management while in custody and after release. Are Probation and Parole Officers funded to supervise caseloads of DV offenders with numbers low enough to assure enforcement of stay away and restraining orders?

Of course not, there is no revenue to offer any of these services. And anyway, when I suggest such services doesn't that make me a "statist' or defender of 'nanny statism"?
You're right. Better to just kill 'em all.

Wry is demonstrating the popular liberal deflection technique, whereby they insist that nothing can be done on XYZ issue, until such time as the world is an utterly perfect place . . . as defined by liberals. Since the world will never be perfect by anyone's definition, much less by the insane, head-up-the-ass naive standards of liberals, nothing can ever be done on the issues liberals don't want changed.

I wonder if Wry and his comrades would be willing to accept reverse logic: no bill on the environment, healthcare, etc. can ever be passed unless it ALSO contains provisions to restrict abortions. Think they'd consider that as reasonable as demanding that a bill to restrict abortion has to also completely eliminate liberal-defined evils?

Murderers!!!

Yes, we need to save them all, for the heretosexual pedophiles.

Huh? Prostitution should be legal and is legal in Nevada. Are you going to protest that right too? No one 'rabidly' supports abortion, it is a decision that would be impossible for me to make anyway. It is why I call most so called pro-life people phonies, they preach but for males cannot even experience the great pain it can cause. And if the 'pro-controlling another person's life' crowd cared about life they'd have different attitudes on life and prevention and education. They only care about a religious position that others don't share. They love the holier than thou position and the ease in which they can moralize as they stand on the high ground of hypocrisy.

HISTORY OF ABORTION
Boston Review — Judith Jarvis Thomson
Top 10 Anti-Abortion Myths - Top 10 Myths About Abortion
Why Francis Beckwith

Who has "rabidly" supported abortion rights?
That is your term without any fact to support it.
Prostitution is the perfect example of how many are prosecuted and those with the means and good attorneys are not.
Good example of why government should stay out of abortion. Thanks.

Murderers!!!

At least you have the brains to address the real world situation here.
DOCTORS perform abortions and DOCTORS will always perform the abortions whether abortion is legal or not.
No one here addresses that FACT.
Why?
Because that fact deflates their "abortion is horrible" argument which is fact but has no foundation as to what can be done to stop it.
No law stops abortion. Never has or will.
Families teach their kids to not have abortions. You can not legislate over the power of the medical lobby, EVER. Not when the "safety and health of the mother" is ALWAYS an affirmative defense for any and all doctors.
Real world. You folks need to grow up and learn.

Murderers!!!

At least you have the brains to address the real world situation here.
DOCTORS perform abortions and DOCTORS will always perform the abortions whether abortion is legal or not.
No one here addresses that FACT.
Why?
Because that fact deflates their "abortion is horrible" argument which is fact but has no foundation as to what can be done to stop it.
No law stops abortion. Never has or will.
Families teach their kids to not have abortions. You can not legislate over the power of the medical lobby, EVER. Not when the "safety and health of the mother" is ALWAYS an affirmative defense for any and all doctors.
Real world. You folks need to grow up and learn.

Wow what logic. We shouldn't make something illegal because "someone will do it anyway".

By that reasoning nothing should be illegal. We shouldn't have laws that make rape illegal because men will always do it anyway!!! :cuckoo:

The measure, known as the “Heartbeat Bill,” has been touted by Republicans in the state, with the majority of them voting affirmatively for its passage. There has been no shortage of controversy surrounding the proposal, as a heartbeat can be detected as early as six weeks (by some accounts, it can be found even earlier). Also, the measure does not include exemptions for rape or incest, but it does include one for the health of the mother.

Why no exemption for rape or incest? Alternatively, why allow any exemptions at all?

Anyone have a coherent thought process on this?

Who has "rabidly" supported abortion rights?
That is your term without any fact to support it.

It's an adjective you douchewagon. And your posts alone support it's usage.

and then some :thup:

The measure, known as the “Heartbeat Bill,” has been touted by Republicans in the state, with the majority of them voting affirmatively for its passage. There has been no shortage of controversy surrounding the proposal, as a heartbeat can be detected as early as six weeks (by some accounts, it can be found even earlier). Also, the measure does not include exemptions for rape or incest, but it does include one for the health of the mother.

Why no exemption for rape or incest? Alternatively, why allow any exemptions at all?

You don't see the difference between "the pregnancy's in trouble and the mother's going to die" and "the pregnancy's perfectly normal, but the mother doesn't want the baby to exist"?

Since a baby in the womb has no rights, just kill it whenever it's convenient. Just make sure it's eliminated before it pops out.

Forum List

Back