Should a Christian be forced...

CrazedScotsman

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2012
Should a Christian catering company be forced to cater a same sex wedding reception?

Should a Christian catering company be forced to cater a gay/lesbian birthday party?

Should a Christian catering company who only caters to one church or denomination be forced to cater to everyone?

I don't think a Christian who owns a catering business should be forced to cater wedding reception of a same sex couple.

I do think that a Christian catering company who denies their services to cater a gay/lesbian birthday party is discriminating though. There is no sin in celebrating a birthday party but I do believe there is sin in celebrating a same sex wedding.

As for the third question, if all this company caters is Christian, then that company cannot be forced to cater anything else.

No... No... No...

As long as you use the word "forced", the answer IMHO is no. Now, should you ask if a Christian catering company should serve members of the community regardless of who they are, I would say yes.

Should a Christian catering company be forced to cater a same sex wedding reception?

Should a Christian catering company be forced to cater a gay/lesbian birthday party?

Should a Christian catering company who only caters to one church or denomination be forced to cater to everyone?

I don't think a Christian who owns a catering business should be forced to cater wedding reception of a same sex couple.

I do think that a Christian catering company who denies their services to cater a gay/lesbian birthday party is discriminating though. There is no sin in celebrating a birthday party but I do believe there is sin in celebrating a same sex wedding.

As for the third question, if all this company caters is Christian, then that company cannot be forced to cater anything else.
Any business that is open to the general public in a jurisdiction whose public accommodations law affords protections to gay Americans must comply with that law and indeed accommodate gay patrons.

This is not 'forcing' the business to do anything; public accommodations laws are necessary, proper, and Constitutional regulatory policy pursuant to Commerce Clause jurisprudence.

Because the intent of these laws is regulatory, and not to disadvantage religion, a business owner may not claim a 'religious exemption' to obeying public accommodations laws, as business owners must comply with just and proper laws as would anyone else.

Any business that is open to the general public in a jurisdiction whose public accommodations law affords protections to gay Americans must comply with that law and indeed accommodate gay patrons.

This is not 'forcing' the business to do anything; public accommodations laws are necessary, proper, and Constitutional regulatory policy pursuant to Commerce Clause jurisprudence.

Because the intent of these laws is regulatory, and not to disadvantage religion, a business owner may not claim a 'religious exemption' to obeying public accommodations laws, as business owners must comply with just and proper laws as would anyone else.

Such laws didn't see what was coming when they were enacted either, so should they be revisited and thought through better due their outdatedness, and this in order to be fair for all parties involved now ? I say yes indeedy, because as it stands one is being forced to accommodate another against ones religious beliefs in life (something that is new), and the other could care less about it as long as they get what they want out of it all, and at any ones expense in which they do get it.

I would say that what people are afraid of, is that if the laws are changed to protect all equally, then it would give a person who is of the Christian faith, and also those having other faiths, the ability to opt out of participating in those things in which they don't believe is moral and/or right at all to them and their families in life. Why not fix the laws to fit the times better ?

There would only be a few new things to be added or changed that would then apply, and it should fix this mess once and for all. I wonder how many will say that the blacks will be discriminated against if these laws were changed to protect the faithful ? I would say to them are there not blacks who are also among the faithful, and don't they serve the same God ?

Why not let them as Christian black Americans have a say in these things finally, and this instead of them being used all the time instead ? I think Blacks should copyright their color, and they should charge people big time every time they use it.

Last edited:
Depends on what State they are in. Due to different Public Accommodation laws.

Forum List

Back