Monica Goodling FF ☛ Bob Menendez

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009
Firing a DOJ Bureaucrat/lawyer is like Mission Impossible. Many of the Bush→Gonzo→Goodling hires are still imbedded in the DOJ.

I don't know if Bob Menendez is guilty or not guilty of anything illegal or-----or if the evidence is such that it demands an idictment but I have to wonder... is Menendez right when he calls his indictment politically motivated and "intended to silence me."?

Given that many of Goodlings hires that were politically vetted for non-political, bureaucratic positions are still at the DOJ - he may have a point.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monica_Goodling#Investigation_of_Goodling.27s_hiring_practices
On July 15, 2009, Washington Blade's "The Latest" column reported that it was Goodling who asked Michael Elston to lead a 2006 screening committee for the Justice Department Summer Internship Program. The column goes on to describe an evaluation of apparent discriminatory application process similar to the 2007 attempts to remove Department attorneys based on non-qualifying criteria. The research shows that under Goodling/Elston, 82% of applicants with liberal affiliations on their resume were rejected for the program while only 13% of applicants with conservative affiliations were rejected.[36]

Forum List

Back