Shotgun Question

You could shorten the stock stock. Fill the hollow, I've used spray foam. Put in inserts for the recoil pad, simple plastic wall anchors would suffice.
Yeah I could but after thinking about it I decided to keep the original butt stock (stored) and replace it with the short Choate butt stock. I'm keeping the original for potential resale value. The problem is finding out what they might be worth nowadays considering you can't find them for sale anywhere and Norinco doesn't even make them any more. Not a lot of information on it though I'm still searching.

Bone stock is always good if any collector potential. I have had a couple norinco. They were good shooters, never had any problems. I have a few Baikals now, darn good shotguns. Sold my Franci Veloce 20ga OE and went to a SXS 20 Baikal for skeet and sporting clays. Great shottie. I have that 12 ga 153 semi auto too, eats everything never complains.

Checked on selling it but found out I might, if all the planets are aligned get $200 for the Norinco. That said I've decided to keep it and either add a skin to it or camo paint it. Both methods come out to around $70 and as the skin is more durable I'm leaning in that direction.

Looking to do a flecktarn pattern similar to this one.

iu

I'm also going to switch out the sights with a red/green dot. Found a universal pic rail that I can mount where the rear sight is but I may have to cut the front sight down.

I'm also going to switch out the sights with a red/green dot. Found a universal pic rail that I can mount where the rear sight is but I may have to cut the front sight down.

I've been wanting to try the red dot/reflex sight on a shotgun.
I know they work great on my FNX .45 and my Sig AR.
The Leupold is nice but at $394 it's a bit pricey for something I wouldnt use that much.
The vortex is a bit more palatable at $245.

Leupold DeltaPoint Pro Reflex Sight​

Vortex Optics Venom Red Dot​

The Leupold is nice but at $394 it's a bit pricey for something I wouldnt use that much.

Check out Pinty and CVLIFE.......... Excellent budget sights/scopes.

Check out Pinty and CVLIFE.......... Excellent budget sights/scopes.

I like the larger view you get with the one's I mentioned.
The Burris looks pretty good and has the bigger view window I'm looking for.
At $210 it's pretty reasonable.

1626033200675.png

Burris FastFire Reflex Red Dot Sight​

How about a Vortex Strikefire II for $200.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/vortex-strikefire-ii-red-dot-4moa-red-green-dot.html

https://palmettostatearmory.com/vortex-strikefire-ii-red-dot-4moa-red-green-dot.html

I like the bigger sight windows.
Especially when you're trying to pick up a fast flying bird.

I like the bigger sight windows.
Especially when you're trying to pick up a fast flying bird.
I have no problem picking off pterodactyls with my small one...........

May have found one. KickLite Tactical Six Position stock.
s-l1000.jpg
In all honesty, why?
It won't help much and if you do have to use it, you don't want it looking all tactical.... DAs don't like that.

Yes! That's why my house guns are a boring-ass stock 12 GA pump action and a .357 revolver.
You're in the Texas Hill country now brother, go ahead and switch to an AR or AK anytime, lol.

It's different here.

s-l1000.jpg
In all honesty, why?
It won't help much and if you do have to use it, you don't want it looking all tactical.... DAs don't like that.
As I said in the OP, the current (original) configuration is too long for me, I need to shorten it by at least two inches to fit me perfectly.

Thats easy enough to fix. Whenever I buy a shotgun 9 times out of 10 the length of pull is wrong.
Any decent gun shop can fix you right up.

It's a polymer stock. I'd have to buy a wood stock (if they're still available) and most can be really expensive.

Bob's gun parts has a semi-finished wood stock for $85...

s-l1000.jpg
In all honesty, why?
As I said in the OP, the current (original) configuration is too long for me, I need to shorten it by at least two inches to fit me perfectly.

Thats easy enough to fix. Whenever I buy a shotgun 9 times out of 10 the length of pull is wrong.
Any decent gun shop can fix you right up.

It's a polymer stock. I'd have to buy a wood stock (if they're still available) and most can be really expensive.

Bob's gun parts has a semi-finished wood stock for $85...

Thanks but the stock issue was resolved a while ago.

Unfortunately the gun wrap didn't work out, that's what I get for buying a cheap product. So I've decided to do a painted flecktarn sponge application. Started with a dark earth base coat then spray painted brown stripes. Will be picking up some natural sea sponges later today.
Here it is so far.

Flecktarn Shotgun 1.jpg

Forum List

Back