Shooter who wanted to rid town of LGBTQ people gets 18 years

Zincwarrior

Platinum Member
Nov 18, 2021
Well thats certainly not nurturing on his part.

Shooter who wanted to rid town of LGBTQ people gets 18 years​

A Montana man who shot at a woman’s house with an assault-style weapon as part of a plan to rid his town of LGBTQ people was sentenced to 18 years in prison, the Justice Department said Wednesday.
John Russell Howald armed himself with multiple firearms in March 2020 and walked toward houses where he believed gay and lesbian people lived, at one point yelling that he planned to “clean” them from the town of Basin, Mont.

He intended to carry out “a targeted mass shooting” that he hoped would inspire similar attacks around the country, Justice Department attorneys said in a statement.
“Motivated by hatred of the LGBTQI+ community and armed with multiple firearms and high-capacity magazines, this defendant sought to intimidate — even terrorize — an entire community by shooting into the victim’s home trying to kill her for no reason other than her sexual orientation,” Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives Director Steven Dettelbach said in the statement.

Advertisement

Howald was convicted by a federal jury of a hate crime involving an attempt to kill and of discharging a firearm during a crime of violence in February, after a four-day trial. He was sentenced Wednesday by District Judge Brian M. Morris; the 18-year prison term is to be followed by five years of supervised release.
Howald, who pleaded not guilty to the charges, appealed the decision Wednesday.https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2023/06/15/john-russell-howald-montana-lgbtq-shooting/

Okay, as much as I'm sick and tired of the LGBTQ community, that's horrible. I want them to stop preaching their agenda to me, I never said that I wanted anything bad to happen to them or that I wanted them to die. What I really want them to do is repent and turn to Christ, but unfortunately that doesn't happen very often.

Does it make any sense to shoot into a house if it's alleged that he wanted to rid the town of Queer people? Let's see the manifest.

His intentions were good.

Murder is never a good thing. Self-defense is, but unless something else happened to trigger this (which I admit is highly possible,) then it's still considered murder or attempted murder and he got exactly what he deserved.

You are fucked in the head.

I hate agreeing with you especially because I usually like that member, but I have to in this circumstance. I don't have to agree with their lifestyle to say that it shouldn't have happened.

I hate agreeing with you especially because I usually like that member, but I have to in this circumstance. I don't have to agree with their lifestyle to say that it shouldn't have happened.
Of course if the queer never came out of the bedroom because it is no ones business, maybe there wouldnt of been gun shots in their direction? But alas, the door opened and Lucifer walks amongst them.

Forum List

Back