Shooter attacks back to school event...stopped by legal gun owner carrying a gun.

It is a conclusion I came to only recently.
Armed good guys are better than armed bad guys.

Then your conclusion would be false. What you see are slackers. If it were an armed hardened criminal, the Armed Good Guy wouldn't stand a chance. You only notice the armed Fruitcakes and disregard the hardened criminal that does most of the killing. When you run up against one of those people your best choice of action is to cooperate and give them what they want and don't even mention you have a gun. Just let them have your wallet and credit cards. That's all they want in the first place. Is your life worth a couple of hundred bucks? Yah, I know, in your mind, you are all Dirty Harrys but that's just a movie. Hell, if they notice you have a Gun, cheerfully give them the gun and offer to reload all the mags for them. And offer them your car keys. Do whatever it takes. A REAL BAD GUY won't need much of a reason but there is an even chance he'll let you live so he can rob you again later on. To him, it's a business. To the Fduitcake, I am not quite sure what it is. So don't go selling the real bad guy so short. Your life may be worth more than that.
I don’t feel sorry for dead criminals... And living life scared like you do does not suit most Americans

So now you are telling me how I am feeling. Wow, you should write a best selling. Stop making shit up.

a legal gun owner ... --The law abiding gun owner

As opposed to a "citizen" of a so-called "free" country who cannot legally own a gun? Dude, you can't even find your way out of your lawyer's office with that gun. That's not freedom. They took our guns away, they stole all the silverware, they pulled our teeth, and they're running us off on cattle cars to the gas chambers. Don't need no law for my gun. If I didn't kill anybody with it, the law needs to fuck off from my gun. But they don't. Mere possession of a firearm or piece of ammunition is enough to put anyone in prison for 10 years on some technicality or other. No, that is not the law, but that is what is enforced in the U.S. as Mafia's Code of Omertà which completely overrules the Constitution in this day and age.

The same old German Nazism and Italian Fascism are back from their defeat in WWII.

Then your conclusion would be false. What you see are slackers. If it were an armed hardened criminal, the Armed Good Guy wouldn't stand a chance. You only notice the armed Fruitcakes and disregard the hardened criminal that does most of the killing. When you run up against one of those people your best choice of action is to cooperate and give them what they want and don't even mention you have a gun. Just let them have your wallet and credit cards. That's all they want in the first place. Is your life worth a couple of hundred bucks? Yah, I know, in your mind, you are all Dirty Harrys but that's just a movie. Hell, if they notice you have a Gun, cheerfully give them the gun and offer to reload all the mags for them. And offer them your car keys. Do whatever it takes. A REAL BAD GUY won't need much of a reason but there is an even chance he'll let you live so he can rob you again later on. To him, it's a business. To the Fduitcake, I am not quite sure what it is. So don't go selling the real bad guy so short. Your life may be worth more than that.

That is perhaps, the most asinine series of assumptions I’ve ever read. That is some accomplishment, since I’ve been doing online discussions for a couple decades now. You should be proud.

Go along, cooperate, and things will work out for the best. The pilots, and passengers on 9-11 believed that too. And it didn’t work out one damned bit. Cooperate, try to placate the bad guy, how did that work out at the Pulse Nightclub? Let the experts deal with it. The experts are bigger jackasses than you are, which is saying something. The Police in California fired 600 rounds at three bank robbers holding a hostage and killed the hostage, and two of the bank robbers. How they managed not to kill all three bank robbers can only be guessed at, but poor marksmanship is probably the top of the list.

Situation after situation, waiting for the experts, placating the baddie, appeasement, has not worked. A school in Kentucky got derided because their plan in case of an active shooter scenario was to throw rocks, which is a terrible idea. But it is better than your suggestion.

Explain this to me. How is it that the hardened criminal is some sort of quick draw McGraw and never misses but the armed citizens are bumbling idiots who couldn’t hit the target if its was stationary in front of them a mere two feet away? In your world view, it is apparently this way.

Being good with any tool, and a Gun is a tool, takes time, and practice, not just willingness to fire. Anyone can be willing to swing the hammer, but they aren’t going to be good at it until they’ve had a lot of practice. That takes time, and thinking about how and when you are going to shoot.

I’ve been at the range when cops were practicing their drills. Three yards, their target was at three yards. I regularly run my bullseye target all the way down to fifty yards. I won’t lie and say I hit the bullseye every time, or even that all my shots are on the target, but I hit it a hell of a lot.

Now, there are some rules you should follow. One of them is don’t draw on a drawn gun. In other words if he has his out, you are almost right, you can’t get yours out and shoot before he pulls the trigger. But that doesn’t mean that in every situation the presence of a gun is a game ending scenario. This is where the most important weapon mankind has comes into play. The mind. The trained mind is the most dangerous thing on this earth. The trained mind thinks, and decides the best course of action, if it has any knowledge at all. Of course, your best course of action appears to be smile as you are being robbed or beaten.

Mine depends on a million things. Location, presence of innocent bystanders, availability of cover. The number of baddies, the apparent comfort level with the gun, distance between us. I could go on, but all of these factors come into play. It isn’t a simple yes no question. You have options, and a gun is nothing more than another option. Do you pull it, or do you wait? Do you pull it and start a shootout where any innocent bystanders could be hurt? There are a lot of things to consider, and you need to think about them before, and especially during if you want to survive and stop the attack.

Now this is what I am talking about. The CCW holder waited, and waited until he had position, and the ability to fire with nobody behind the bad guy to be hit by a stray bullet.

It wasn’t a quick draw situation where he pulled on a drawn gun, he waited until he had the advantage.

You pull when you know it’s time. When you have the advantage against the experienced criminal.

It isn’t holly wood. There are no master assassins in real life. Even the CIA is a bunch of incompetent jackasses who could barely find their way across the street. How do I know this? Because the CIA needed thirteen people to kidnap one Muslim from Italy who was suspected of harboring less than hostile feelings towards terrorists. Thirteen to get one. It was so incompetent that the Italians later charged them all by name with Kidnapping, and convicted them in absentia. The Hollywood experts who can perform a snatch and grab are fiction.

The Mafia doesn’t have expert assassins who work for millions. They have wannabe gangsters who want to make their bones and become made.

Your movie will be made. In fact it already has been made. But that's all it is, a movie. The Old LA Police Chief was asked what was the best home defense weapon, was it a gun? He said no. He said the armed intruder is better qualified with his weapon than you probably are. There is a greater chance of him taking it from you and using it on you. The best home defense is a dog with a very large bark and a mean growl. Intruders bypass those houses.

You may be Gods Gift to this debating area but you ain't no hero.

The LAPD? Is this the same LAPD that has killed two hostages in the last month? I wonder where the professionals were that day.

That is perhaps, the most asinine series of assumptions I’ve ever read. That is some accomplishment, since I’ve been doing online discussions for a couple decades now. You should be proud.

Go along, cooperate, and things will work out for the best. The pilots, and passengers on 9-11 believed that too. And it didn’t work out one damned bit. Cooperate, try to placate the bad guy, how did that work out at the Pulse Nightclub? Let the experts deal with it. The experts are bigger jackasses than you are, which is saying something. The Police in California fired 600 rounds at three bank robbers holding a hostage and killed the hostage, and two of the bank robbers. How they managed not to kill all three bank robbers can only be guessed at, but poor marksmanship is probably the top of the list.

Situation after situation, waiting for the experts, placating the baddie, appeasement, has not worked. A school in Kentucky got derided because their plan in case of an active shooter scenario was to throw rocks, which is a terrible idea. But it is better than your suggestion.

Explain this to me. How is it that the hardened criminal is some sort of quick draw McGraw and never misses but the armed citizens are bumbling idiots who couldn’t hit the target if its was stationary in front of them a mere two feet away? In your world view, it is apparently this way.

Being good with any tool, and a Gun is a tool, takes time, and practice, not just willingness to fire. Anyone can be willing to swing the hammer, but they aren’t going to be good at it until they’ve had a lot of practice. That takes time, and thinking about how and when you are going to shoot.

I’ve been at the range when cops were practicing their drills. Three yards, their target was at three yards. I regularly run my bullseye target all the way down to fifty yards. I won’t lie and say I hit the bullseye every time, or even that all my shots are on the target, but I hit it a hell of a lot.

Now, there are some rules you should follow. One of them is don’t draw on a drawn gun. In other words if he has his out, you are almost right, you can’t get yours out and shoot before he pulls the trigger. But that doesn’t mean that in every situation the presence of a gun is a game ending scenario. This is where the most important weapon mankind has comes into play. The mind. The trained mind is the most dangerous thing on this earth. The trained mind thinks, and decides the best course of action, if it has any knowledge at all. Of course, your best course of action appears to be smile as you are being robbed or beaten.

Mine depends on a million things. Location, presence of innocent bystanders, availability of cover. The number of baddies, the apparent comfort level with the gun, distance between us. I could go on, but all of these factors come into play. It isn’t a simple yes no question. You have options, and a gun is nothing more than another option. Do you pull it, or do you wait? Do you pull it and start a shootout where any innocent bystanders could be hurt? There are a lot of things to consider, and you need to think about them before, and especially during if you want to survive and stop the attack.

Now this is what I am talking about. The CCW holder waited, and waited until he had position, and the ability to fire with nobody behind the bad guy to be hit by a stray bullet.

It wasn’t a quick draw situation where he pulled on a drawn gun, he waited until he had the advantage.

You pull when you know it’s time. When you have the advantage against the experienced criminal.

It isn’t holly wood. There are no master assassins in real life. Even the CIA is a bunch of incompetent jackasses who could barely find their way across the street. How do I know this? Because the CIA needed thirteen people to kidnap one Muslim from Italy who was suspected of harboring less than hostile feelings towards terrorists. Thirteen to get one. It was so incompetent that the Italians later charged them all by name with Kidnapping, and convicted them in absentia. The Hollywood experts who can perform a snatch and grab are fiction.

The Mafia doesn’t have expert assassins who work for millions. They have wannabe gangsters who want to make their bones and become made.

Your movie will be made. In fact it already has been made. But that's all it is, a movie. The Old LA Police Chief was asked what was the best home defense weapon, was it a gun? He said no. He said the armed intruder is better qualified with his weapon than you probably are. There is a greater chance of him taking it from you and using it on you. The best home defense is a dog with a very large bark and a mean growl. Intruders bypass those houses.

The LAPD? Is this the same LAPD that has killed two hostages in the last month? I wonder where the professionals were that day.

Shit happens. If the Public were to cooperate better with the cops there wouldn't be any of this. Instead, the public protects the bad buy through silence. Cops go on TV and beg for leads and no one steps forward. Then they cry and moan when a cop puts their butts on the line and kills a hostage. A Cops job is hard enough without all this. So go ahead and stick up for your criminal buddies. You get exactly what you ask for.

Shit happens. If the Public were to cooperate better with the cops there wouldn't be any of this. Instead, the public protects the bad buy through silence. Cops go on TV and beg for leads and no one steps forward. Then they cry and moan when a cop puts their butts on the line and kills a hostage. A Cops job is hard enough without all this. So go ahead and stick up for your criminal buddies. You get exactly what you ask for.

Um. I’ve been advocating for individual ability to defend yourself, while you insisted that the best policy is surrender and cooperation with the criminal. I advocate resistance to threats, and you preach the discredited belief that the criminal is going to act in his best interest and leave you unharmed in order to rob you again, and again. If anyone is trying to help the criminals, preaching the idea of abject surrender is probably the help they want.

Simpleton always look for easy answers: Ban guns that is the answer. Yeh right. If the simpletons you see on here were in London, would they be saying ban the knives?

'Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.' Ben Franklin

Um. I’ve been advocating for individual ability to defend yourself, while you insisted that the best policy is surrender and cooperation with the criminal. I advocate resistance to threats, and you preach the discredited belief that the criminal is going to act in his best interest and leave you unharmed in order to rob you again, and again. If anyone is trying to help the criminals, preaching the idea of abject surrender is probably the help they want.

Wrong, cupcake. We essentially said the same thing. You just wanted to crow like a rooster and try and make the other person look bad. I assumed the other person already had the weapon drawn and pointed and I did not. You assumed that you already had yours out and ready or that they did not. You can't have it always your way and you already stated that. You are just making a damned fool of yourself. Have you ever been shot at?

Well said, but way over the head of the simpletons.

There are some people who should not have a weapon as in those who do not bother to learn how to use them and do not have the intelligence to know when to use them. All this claptrap about criminals being so highly qualified in weaponry is nonsense...most of the thugs never practice on the range or anywhere else...very poor

Mom fatally shoots gunman trying to rob folks outside a school.

Graphic video: Mom fatally shoots gunman trying to rob families outside school

Doncha you just love the way she puts her foot on the criminal?

How many people have died or suffered grievious harm whilst waiting on the police? As has been said many times--when you really need a cop he is never around.

One big problem with that lie of yours. She IS a Cop. No waiting required.

I did not say she was not a cop.

Mom fatally shoots gunman trying to rob folks outside a school.

Graphic video: Mom fatally shoots gunman trying to rob families outside school

Doncha you just love the way she puts her foot on the criminal?

How many people have died or suffered grievious harm whilst waiting on the police? As has been said many times--when you really need a cop he is never around.

One big problem with that lie of yours. She IS a Cop. No waiting required.

I did not say she was not a cop.

What you said was As has been said many times--when you really need a cop he is never around. No, you did not say she was not a cop directly. But you just as well as said it.

Mr. Hunt, you are doing so badly I will try to help your narrative....here is an example of two women with guns and both of them inept.

INSANE Surveillance Video Shows Mother, Daughter in Shootout W/ Shotgun-Wielding Thug - GunsAmerica Digest

These women are badly in need of some defensive training.

Remind me not to shop there. Stray Bullets kill just as dead as well aimed ones do.

Both of these women are very lucky that the dude was even more inept than they were. The Stupid attacking the stupid.

Forum List

Back