‘Shoot the President’ party game at local performing arts center raises concern

BEREA, Ohio -- A popular performing arts building is advertising a kid`s birthday party where participants can play "Shoot the President" with Nerf guns and it’s raising more than a few eyebrows in Northeast Ohio.

The game was being advertised at Olmsted Performing Arts building in Berea.

A description of the party listed on the website states, “There is one president with body guards. Everyone else tries to eliminate or shoot the president.”

“I think it’s unfortunate that they chose that kind of theme only because of the atmosphere we are living in now,” said Julie Berghaus, of Cleveland.

“I wouldn’t say it was anything political or a statement about politics. I think the game was made up just for kid fun,” said Samuel Fravel, a former OPA student.

‘Shoot the President’ party game at local performing arts center raises concern in community

Only one question here: How many of you on the left would say this would be contained locally if the event were held during DumBama's term and not Trump? Racism, bigotry, promoting hate? Not when it takes place during a Republican presidency. Think this will make it to national news? Let's give it a few days (or weeks) and find out.
Yeah, that's probably not such a great idea.

Poor taste too but that's kinda the way of the world at the moment.

Thank you for your honesty, but I was pointing out the double standards of the media at the same time. On a national level, it's only tolerated because Trump is currently the President. For all we know, things like this are going on locally all over the country and not reported.
Folks were burning President Obama in effigy and such so I don't think you get to pin it on one party.

And when it happened, it was only reported locally?

You know this actually is very complicated.
While I am very leftest, I don't think Trump is being treated at all fairly.
But then again, almost all our presidents are less than honest.
They all lied, killed innocent people, etc.
So then actually the idea of practicing getting ready for armed rebellion is not really that bad of an idea.
It is going to have to happen eventually, regardless of how long we put it off.
And its not partisan.
Clinton signed the federal crime bill of 1994, and that alone was valid reason for armed rebellion.
The federal government is not authorized to conduct a War on Drugs like that,
The repeal of Glass-Steagall also was pretty much criminal.
So while forever hopeful that things will get better, the reality it they likely will get worse instead, and think of those half million innocent Iraqis who would still be alive if we had rebelled before Bush murdered them?
So this is not such a simple call.
Do we want to enforce an artificial respect for presidents who do not really deserve it, or not?

It would take quite a lot for this country to arm up and rebel against the government. It would be no contest and all you would end up doing is getting imprisoned, injured or killed. In this instance, that's not my concern. My concern is giving kids the idea that killing leaders is fun and games; perhaps one of these kids have mental problems and may grow up to try and do exactly that. You never know.

But being from the left, don't you find it ironic that the left wants to disarm society, but has no problem with places doing things like this?

Thank you for your honesty, but I was pointing out the double standards of the media at the same time. On a national level, it's only tolerated because Trump is currently the President. For all we know, things like this are going on locally all over the country and not reported.
Folks were burning President Obama in effigy and such so I don't think you get to pin it on one party.

Well no, but that was Barrack Obama specifically, and not "the president". Also they weren't children using Nerf guns.

Come to think about it the effigy burning was much worse.

So you think the message here is it's okay to shoot at "a President" as long as it's done with a nerf gun?
You kids always amaze me. I know you read my posts, you responded to them relatively intelligently.

What happened?

What you stated here is that it's no big deal because Trump was not targeted specifically. So again I ask, if this happened during Obama's term in office, would that be okay? Do you think the national media would ignore it?

BEREA, Ohio -- A popular performing arts building is advertising a kid`s birthday party where participants can play "Shoot the President" with Nerf guns and it’s raising more than a few eyebrows in Northeast Ohio.

A description of the party listed on the website states, “There is one president with body guards. Everyone else tries to eliminate or shoot the president.”

“I think it’s unfortunate that they chose that kind of theme only because of the atmosphere we are living in now,” said Julie Berghaus, of Cleveland.

“I wouldn’t say it was anything political or a statement about politics. I think the game was made up just for kid fun,” said Samuel Fravel, a former OPA student.

‘Shoot the President’ party game at local performing arts center raises concern in community

Only one question here: How many of you on the left would say this would be contained locally if the event were held during DumBama's term and not Trump? Racism, bigotry, promoting hate? Not when it takes place during a Republican presidency. Think this will make it to national news? Let's give it a few days (or weeks) and find out.
Don’t be such a snowflake

Well no, but that was Barrack Obama specifically, and not "the president". Also they weren't children using Nerf guns.

So you think the message here is it's okay to shoot at "a President" as long as it's done with a nerf gun?
You kids always amaze me. I know you read my posts, you responded to them relatively intelligently.

What happened?

What you stated here is that it's no big deal because Trump was not targeted specifically. So again I ask, if this happened during Obama's term in office, would that be okay? Do you think the national media would ignore it?
No, that isn't what I stated. I said up front this wasn't a good thing, you said it was only tolerated because it's tRump, and I pointed out that he is not named as the target.

If you wanna discuss what I post that's all good, if you wanna reinterpret what I post to mean something else then have a nice day.

Snowflakes are always progressives

Last edited:

What happened?

No, that isn't what I stated. I said up front this wasn't a good thing, you said it was only tolerated because it's tRump, and I pointed out that he is not named as the target.

If you wanna discuss what I post that's all good, if you wanna reinterpret what I post to mean something else then have a nice day.

Yes, I did say that. My point was of the timing and comparing that to such a timing if it took place during DumBama. They are playing kill the President while Trump is President, and that's why it will get little attention.

Doesn't everyone play "get by the Secret Service and eliminate the President" :dunno:

Doesn't everyone play "get by the Secret Service and eliminate the President" :dunno:

They sure played it with Reagan, and that guy was only trying to get the attention of an actress. He was nuts.

^ snowflake is crying about kids playing with Nerf guns

So the effigy burnings were at performing art centers and schools and other public buildings. You sound like Crippled Kenny.

Oh please, you couldn't criticize DumBama's ugly wife without you yahoos jumping up and down screaming racism.

Oh please, you couldn't criticize DumBama's ugly wife without you yahoos jumping up and down screaming racism.
If I called Melania a stinky, inbred slovakian cracka, you could accuse me of racism. That was the typical level of criticism the right targeted Mrs. Obama with.

If I called Melania a stinky, inbred slovakian cracka, you could accuse me of racism. That was the typical level of criticism the right targeted Mrs. Obama with.

Yes, if you used the word cracker. That is a derogatory word of whites by the blacks. However nobody even had to mention race about fat ass, and you on the left were calling it racism.

Chris Matthews: "Dangerous" To Deny GOP Attacks On Obama Are Racist | RealClearPolitics

So the effigy burnings were at performing art centers and schools and other public buildings. You sound like Crippled Kenny.
Riiiight.

Did I tell you about this bridge I have for sale?

Yes, if you used the word cracker. That is a derogatory word of whites by the blacks. However nobody even had to mention race about fat ass, and you on the left were calling it racism.

Chris Matthews: "Dangerous" To Deny GOP Attacks On Obama Are Racist | RealClearPolitics

Is it a concern? Yep. Is it hard to take seriously from a guy whose pic is a guy pointing a gun at you? Yep.

Is it a concern? Yep. Is it hard to take seriously from a guy whose pic is a guy pointing a gun at you? Yep.

Yah........ I was thinking of changing it some time ago, but the avatar pisses off liberals so badly it's simply too much fun to change it.

Yah........ I was thinking of changing it some time ago, but the avatar pisses off liberals so badly it's simply too much fun to change it.

I guess you have to decide if your goal is to persuade people of the importance of your point or if you are just trying to get a response.

Forum List

Back