Ships return to dock as Syria chemical weapons deadline missed

Wrong again.
Ten days in the AF does not qualify one as a "veteran".
And I'm proud I didn't support in any small way the terrorism you helped unleash on Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia.
General George, how many times do you have to be reminded that the Vietnam war was
mainly fought in the fields, hills and woods, away from civilians. Cities were fought in when they were attacked by the Commies. Villages were razed when the Commies holed up in them. Civilians, unless they were avid Commie sympathizers, would always vacate the villages. They weren't held as human shields like the craven cowards of Islum practice. Get real or go away.
How did you convince an overwhelmingly rural population like the Vietnamese to vacate the fields, hills, and woods their families had lived on longer than your country has been existence?

"The Strategic Hamlet Program (Vietnamese: Ấp Chiến lược) was a plan by the governments of South Vietnam and the United States during the Vietnam War to combat the Communist insurgency by means of population transfer.

"In 1961, U.S. advisors in South Vietnam, along with the Diem regime, began the implementation of a plan attempted to isolate rural peasants from contact with and influence by the National Liberation Front (NLF).

"The Strategic Hamlet Program, along with its predecessor, the Rural Community Development Program, played an important role in the shaping of events in South Vietnam during the late 1950s and early 1960s.

"Both of these programs attempted to create new communities of "protected hamlets".

"The rural peasants would be provided security, being physically isolated from Communist insurgents and support services thereby strengthening ties with the central South Vietnamese government (GVN).

"It was hoped this would lead to increased loyalty by the peasantry towards the government.[1]

"In the end, the program led to a decrease in support for Diem’s regime and an increase in sympathy for Communist efforts."

Strategic Hamlet Program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh, yeah.
Now I remember.
The same way Hitler convinced the Jews and Gypsies.
Thanks for your service.
Dumass, the Vietnamese merely moved into the countryside until the battle was over. Don't be so dramatic about the small stuff.

Last edited:
General George, how many times do you have to be reminded that the Vietnam war was
mainly fought in the fields, hills and woods, away from civilians. Cities were fought in when they were attacked by the Commies. Villages were razed when the Commies holed up in them. Civilians, unless they were avid Commie sympathizers, would always vacate the villages. They weren't held as human shields like the craven cowards of Islum practice. Get real or go away.
How did you convince an overwhelmingly rural population like the Vietnamese to vacate the fields, hills, and woods their families had lived on longer than your country has been existence?

"The Strategic Hamlet Program (Vietnamese: Ấp Chiến lược) was a plan by the governments of South Vietnam and the United States during the Vietnam War to combat the Communist insurgency by means of population transfer.

"In 1961, U.S. advisors in South Vietnam, along with the Diem regime, began the implementation of a plan attempted to isolate rural peasants from contact with and influence by the National Liberation Front (NLF).

"The Strategic Hamlet Program, along with its predecessor, the Rural Community Development Program, played an important role in the shaping of events in South Vietnam during the late 1950s and early 1960s.

"Both of these programs attempted to create new communities of "protected hamlets".

"The rural peasants would be provided security, being physically isolated from Communist insurgents and support services thereby strengthening ties with the central South Vietnamese government (GVN).

"It was hoped this would lead to increased loyalty by the peasantry towards the government.[1]

"In the end, the program led to a decrease in support for Diem’s regime and an increase in sympathy for Communist efforts."

Oh, yeah.
Now I remember.
The same way Hitler convinced the Jews and Gypsies.
Thanks for your service.
Dumass, the Vietnamese merely moved into the countryside until the battle was over. Don't be so dramatic about the small stuff.
"In the best case scenario, restructuring peasant villages to create a defensible perimeter would require the forced relocation of some of the peasants on the outskirts of the existing villages.

"To ease the burden, those forced to move were supposed to be financially compensated, but they were not always paid by the GVN forces.

"To make matters worse, their old homes were often burned before their eyes.[14]

"President Diem and his brother Nhu, who oversaw the GVN side of the Program, decided—contrary to Hilsman's and Thompson's theory—that in most cases they would relocate entire villages rather than simply restructuring them.

"This decision led to unnecessary amounts of forced relocation that was deeply unpopular among the peasantry.

"The mostly-Buddhist peasantry practiced ancestor worship, an important part of their religion that was disrupted by being forced out of their villages and away from their ancestors' graves.

"Some who resisted the resettlement were summarily executed by GVN forces."

Do you take more pride in supporting a psychopath like Diem, or chugging your fair share of Agent Orange?

Apples and oranges. You had to be there to understand, skater.
"As stated previously, promised compensation for resettled peasants was not always forthcoming and instead found its way in the pockets of GVN officials.

"Peasants were also promised money in exchange for working to build the new villages and fortifications; once again some corrupt officials kept the money for themselves.

"Wealthier peasants sometimes bribed their way out of working on the construction, leaving more labor for the poorer peasants.

"Although the U.S. provided materials like sheet metal and barbed wire, corrupt officials would force the locals to 'buy' the materials intended to provide them with protection."

'You get your share of that, BK?

"As stated previously, promised compensation for resettled peasants was not always forthcoming and instead found its way in the pockets of GVN officials.

"Peasants were also promised money in exchange for working to build the new villages and fortifications; once again some corrupt officials kept the money for themselves.

"Wealthier peasants sometimes bribed their way out of working on the construction, leaving more labor for the poorer peasants.

"Although the U.S. provided materials like sheet metal and barbed wire, corrupt officials would force the locals to 'buy' the materials intended to provide them with protection."

I lived with the S Vietnamese for a year and I saw them to be mildly corrupt. The Ayrabs could teach them how to do it better.

I lived with the S Vietnamese for a year and I saw them to be mildly corrupt. The Ayrabs could teach them how to do it better.
Have you noticed any corruption at the Pentagon?

Have you noticed any corruption at the Pentagon?
Yeah, they have a few Middle East Ayrab liason offices in the Pentagon. No diplomatic immunity for those chiselers.

Your location is listed as Los Angeles, California...

And yet you oftentimes used the word 'you', 'your', etc. (as in 'your actions in Vietnam').

As opposed to 'we', 'us', etc.

Are 'you' not one of 'us'?

I am an American citizen.

Are you an American citizen, or are you a foreign national residing on American soil?

If you are a foreign national, that would put your persistent, vicious anti-Americanism in a particular context, for the benefit of the audience.

If you are an American citizen, that tells us something, as well.
Hopefully, it tells you I don't support acts of terrorism based on an accident of birth.

Hoss and I are both citizens of the US.
Hoss choose to volunteer (twice) in the US invasion and occupation of South Vietnam, an act of international terror rivaled by few others, IMHO.
I choose to lie about back pain and escape a four year commitment to the USAF in1966.

So, in a moral sense, I am not one of you.
Wow, so not only are you a coward and a draft dodger, but you're also a convert to Islam that bashes those who have served this country honorably. Well I guess it goes with the territory.
Wow.
I never converted to Islam or dodged the draft,
What war did you fight in?

Hopefully, it tells you I don't support acts of terrorism based on an accident of birth.

Hoss and I are both citizens of the US.
Hoss choose to volunteer (twice) in the US invasion and occupation of South Vietnam, an act of international terror rivaled by few others, IMHO.
I choose to lie about back pain and escape a four year commitment to the USAF in1966.

So, in a moral sense, I am not one of you.
Wow, so not only are you a coward and a draft dodger, but you're also a convert to Islam that bashes those who have served this country honorably. Well I guess it goes with the territory.
Wow.

Didn't you recently admit to having hid under your bed rather than serve your country?

Wow.

Didn't you recently admit to having hid under your bed rather than serve your country?

hasn't he just admitted above that he "dodged the draft" by making a false and fraudulent claim about "back pain". Time for the local Sherriff to take a good long look at Georgieboy and his other acts of treason and fraud. Anyone have his address so I can get the true veterans to send him two white feathers in memory of his COWARDICE

Wow.

No.
I've told the truth about how I responded to forced conscription during yet another in a long line of illegal US wars of aggression.
How many civilians have you maimed, murdered, raped, or displaced for money?

Wow.

No.
I've told the truth about how I responded to forced conscription during yet another in a long line of illegal US wars of aggression.

That's the problem with criminals like Georgie: they can always find a way to rationalize their crimes. I'm not surprised that Georgie wound up all alone: people no doubt realized he isn't capable of loyalty to anything beyond his beloved Marxist fantasies, and never trusted him.

Georgie can't figure out how to earn a comfortable living, so he rationalizes that 'people richer than me are bad'.

He was too cowardly to do his duty to his country, so he rationalizes that into a virtue by pretending that the Vietnam war was 'illegal' and 'racist'.

And on and on.....

Wow.

No. I've told the truth about how I responded to forced conscription during yet another in a long line of illegal US wars of aggression. How many civilians have you maimed, murdered, raped, or displaced for money?
The US Air Force was drafting during Vietnam times, and for four years?

Really?

I was under the impression that only the US Army and the US Marine Corps were drafting during those times...

And that for 2 years (24 months) of Active Duty...

Maybe I'm remembering that incorrectly.

No. I've told the truth about how I responded to forced conscription during yet another in a long line of illegal US wars of aggression. How many civilians have you maimed, murdered, raped, or displaced for money?

Really?

I was under the impression that only the US Army and the US Marine Corps were drafting during those times...

I think what happened is that Mr. George didn't want to be drafted into the Army or the Marine Corps so he joined the Air Force instead. However, he did inform this forum that after only ten days in basic training he faked a bad back because he got homesick. It's a shame that he didn't stick it out because many Air Force members never see combat, and he might have been sent to the Los Angeles Air Force Base Space and Missile Systems Command and learned a trade like getting into computers, a trade which he could have taken into civilian life. This way he could have seen his homies and not gotten homesick.

No.

That's the problem with criminals like Georgie: they can always find a way to rationalize their crimes. I'm not surprised that Georgie wound up all alone: people no doubt realized he isn't capable of loyalty to anything beyond his beloved Marxist fantasies, and never trusted him.

Georgie can't figure out how to earn a comfortable living, so he rationalizes that 'people richer than me are bad'.

He was too cowardly to do his duty to his country, so he rationalizes that into a virtue by pretending that the Vietnam war was 'illegal' and 'racist'.

And on and on.....
What requires more "courage", Marg, rape or murder?
Have you any war stories to share?

Really?

You are remembering correctly.
I enlisted in the USAF instead of waiting for the draft.
Had their been no forced conscription, I would not have wasted the ten days.

Really?

You are remembering correctly.
I enlisted in the USAF instead of waiting for the draft.
Had their been no forced conscription, I would not have wasted the ten days.

You should have just flashed your membership card to the Hitler Youth at the recruiting station.

Really?

You are remembering correctly. I enlisted in the USAF instead of waiting for the draft. Had their been no forced conscription, I would not have wasted the ten days.
Was your number at high risk of being called-up?

Really?

You are remembering correctly. I enlisted in the USAF instead of waiting for the draft. Had their been no forced conscription, I would not have wasted the ten days.
Was your number at high risk of being called-up?
I enlisted in March of '66 before the lottery came into play.

Forum List

Back