Sharks freeze and Niagra falls turns to ice in -37c tempatures colder than mars as America braces ..

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
The US is colder than the surface of Mars and Niagara Falls has turned to ice as temperatures plummet to record-breaking lows — leading to frozen sharks washing up on the beach. It is set to be the coldest New Year in living memory as 220 million Americans wrap up to face lows of -37 degrees Celsius. The crippling cold has brought transit systems grinding to a halt in Boston while there were 30 crashes in one Michigan county alone on Friday morning due to treacherous icy roads. Fountains froze over in New............................
Sharks freeze and Niagara Falls turns to ICE in -37C temperatures colder than MARS as America braces for its chilliest New Year’s Eve in 50 years
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh that global warming is getting so bad, oh wait that is climate change .................Wonder what Al Gore will change it to this year or next year.

Its pretty cold in the midwest right now.

upload_2017-12-31_21-11-0.jpeg

It was -8F in Des Moines this morning when I was cleaning off my Jeep and having a smoke prior to heading back to west central Iowa.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Its pretty cold in the midwest right now.

View attachment 168975

It was -8F in Des Moines this morning when I was cleaning off my Jeep and having a smoke prior to heading back to west central Iowa.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Thank God an angel was sent with good wood as we would be ice cubes at this point. Can't stand next to the walls here as it is so frigging cold here they are frozen too. Have no clue what the actual temp is outside but looking forward to a warmer weather period.

I woke up to 2 degree temps. I believe that is the first time i have ever seen 2 degree temps. Wind chill, sure. But this? Holy crap

On its 100th birthday in 1959, Edward Teller warned the oil industry about global warming

"Ladies and gentlemen, I am to talk to you about energy in the future. I will start by telling you why I believe that the energy resources of the past must be supplemented. First of all, these energy resources will run short as we use more and more of the fossil fuels. But I would [...] like to mention another reason why we probably have to look for additional fuel supplies. And this, strangely, is the question of contaminating the atmosphere. [....] Whenever you burn conventional fuel, you create carbon dioxide. [....] The carbon dioxide is invisible, it is transparent, you can’t smell it, it is not dangerous to health, so why should one worry about it?

Carbon dioxide has a strange property. It transmits visible light but it absorbs the infrared radiation which is emitted from the earth. Its presence in the atmosphere causes a greenhouse effect [....] It has been calculated that a temperature rise corresponding to a 10 per cent increase in carbon dioxide will be sufficient to melt the icecap and submerge New York. All the coastal cities would be covered, and since a considerable percentage of the human race lives in coastal regions, I think that this chemical contamination is more serious than most people tend to believe."
On its 100th birthday in 1959, Edward Teller warned the oil industry about global warming

"Ladies and gentlemen, I am to talk to you about energy in the future. I will start by telling you why I believe that the energy resources of the past must be supplemented. First of all, these energy resources will run short as we use more and more of the fossil fuels. But I would [...] like to mention another reason why we probably have to look for additional fuel supplies. And this, strangely, is the question of contaminating the atmosphere. [....] Whenever you burn conventional fuel, you create carbon dioxide. [....] The carbon dioxide is invisible, it is transparent, you can’t smell it, it is not dangerous to health, so why should one worry about it?

Carbon dioxide has a strange property. It transmits visible light but it absorbs the infrared radiation which is emitted from the earth. Its presence in the atmosphere causes a greenhouse effect [....] It has been calculated that a temperature rise corresponding to a 10 per cent increase in carbon dioxide will be sufficient to melt the icecap and submerge New York. All the coastal cities would be covered, and since a considerable percentage of the human race lives in coastal regions, I think that this chemical contamination is more serious than most people tend to believe."

lol.....nobody cares about Edward Teller.

So what has the world done in the 58 years since Tellers pronuncement?

Well......the haven't done DICK!!:bye1::bye1:

I'm an OTR truck driver from south Louisiana. If temps go below 32 and there is a drop of moisture in the air they shut down schools for "ice" on the roadways. I slept at a truck stop in Columbus OH. I woke up to -6 temp. That's a very special kind of cold.

Forum List

Back