Shame on Discovery Channel.....

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
...for pushing a bunch of cons in our faces. I have heard tales of this family being the dregs of society...and that they don't even live in their "house" in the wilderness and instead stay in a posh motel for their comforts, amongst other things. And I also read about how they destroy property that belongs to others, then skip out on them, move to another schmuck that believes their sob stories (con jobs).....but now two of them have been busted. About damn time, says I. And when is Discovery going to boot them from their channel? It can't be too soon, but of course they KNEW they were cons to begin with.

2 members of 'Alaskan Bush People' family sentenced to jail

These channels..Discovery, ID, History, and several others show crap like this constantly. It has the feel of glorifying criminals.

Last edited:
Discovery used to be a great channel. The Learning Channel and History channels as well. But they are quickly falling to the tripe we are now stuck with. It's sad.

Exactly. I search them daily for something good to watch. It is harder and harder to find.

These channels..is Discovery, ID, History, and several others show crap like this constantly. It has the feel of glorifying criminals.
You are full of shit.

No. I am not. I see it daily. But, nice attack.
Explain why you are bunching in ID with those other channels.

Because the have so many real life murder shows. Some are interesting, but for me at least, I don't like to watch people constantly murdering, and worse people. It's a negative feel to me. Just take a look..

Homepage

I do still find some good shows on there though.

I don't understand the fascination with murderers and criminals. They're just scum.

I don't understand the fascination with murderers and criminals. They're just scum.
Which is why I never "got it" on why everyone loved the show Dexter. Nothing like idolizing a warped serial killer.

What is ID?

I was watching some show the other night but no clue what it was called. It was about the Sun Gym murders. Actually I was half watching, half listening, half bouncing around the net.

I watch Deadly Women on ID and it scares the shit out of me.

Usually ID Channel or a show like those is about watching the investigation process and justice being done etc. One Saturday, I was sick and bed ridden, and I pretty much watched ID all day long. I have to admit it started to creep me out.

Anyway, yes all of those Channels from History to all of the learning channels have become disgusting. Really hard to find decent programming. I cannot even watch sports anymore. ESPN constantly interjecting their politics on me. For example telling me how weird I am for being disturbed by BRUCE JENNER or pushing Michael Sam's sexuality on me.

We are living in one giant left wing godless world. Yes, it has always pretty much been that way. It is getting more and more pronounced now.

...for pushing a bunch of cons in our faces. I have heard tales of this family being the dregs of society...and that they don't even live in their "house" in the wilderness and instead stay in a posh motel for their comforts, amongst other things. And I also read about how they destroy property that belongs to others, then skip out on them, move to another schmuck that believes their sob stories (con jobs).....but now two of them have been busted. About damn time, says I. And when is Discovery going to boot them from their channel? It can't be too soon, but of course they KNEW they were cons to begin with.

2 members of 'Alaskan Bush People' family sentenced to jail
Wait a minute, you actually think shit on TV is real?

Thank goodness for netflix. And youtube.

That is what I was going to say...folks just dump the cable/satellite TV ripoff and opt for streaming...it is profoundly cheaper - but as importantly - there is SOOOO much more to watch than canned "reality" shows.

Forum List

Back