shallow spirituality

catzmeow

Gold Member
Aug 14, 2008
Gunshine State
Jarvis's Death Penalty Case> How Did Jarvis Get Sentenced to Death?

I spent a little time browsing the site of Jarvis Masters, who was convicted of collaborating in the death of a prison guard in 1985. It's interesting that Mr. Master's website uses considerable space to complain about how unfair Mr. Master's sentence was, but never contains a statement whereby Mr. Masters takes responsibility for the harm he caused to his victim, Sgt. Howell Burchfeld, and Sgt. Burchfeld's family.

Based upon that (taking responsibility for one's evil deeds is a key tenet of every major world religion), I have to wonder exactly how deep Mr. Master's conversion really is.

How do we know when someone has really repented of an evil act, and changed? What signs would be present on Mr. Master's site if he were really repentent for his violent crimes?

Last edited:
Jarvis's Death Penalty Case> How Did Jarvis Get Sentenced to Death?

I spent a little time browsing the site of Jarvis Masters, who was convicted of collaborating in the death of a prison guard in 1985. It's interesting that Mr. Master's website spends far more time complaining about how unfair Mr. Master's sentence was, zero time taking responsibility for the harm he caused to his victim, Sgt. Howell Burchfeld.

I have to wonder how deep his spirituality is, in light of that fact.

How do we know when someone has really repented of an evil act, and changed? What signs would be present on Mr. Master's site if he were really repentant for his violent crimes?

What does this have to do with religion?

Oh...I undergetit.. Religion...Murder...one in the same.

• Banned
[What does this have to do with religion?

Master's religious conversion is being used, by some, as the reason that he should be released from prison. As someone who is non-religious, I find this reasoning to be bizarre beyond belief, but I thought we could play with it.

Master's religious conversion is being used, by some, as the reason that he should be released from prison. As someone who is non-religious, I find this reasoning to be bizarre beyond belief, but I thought we could play with it.

True...people of faith are fools... who better to try and deceive?

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

True...people of faith are fools... who better to try and deceive?

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Religion is symbolic of realigning legions... and I am not referring to some idealistic philosophical gathering of books in a room, it is within the making of the mind of man... it is within every single influence of the imaginable and unimaginable, the known unknown AND the unknown unknown, but especially the latter.

Forum List

Back