Shale Giants Swear They Won't Drill More, Even At $200 Barrel

Guess he thinks the manual typewriter is more efficient then computers
Pipelines do not extract petroleum from the planet it does transport it yet so does planes, trains and ships. The US has over 200,000 miles of pipelines for petroleum how is one pipeline less than one hundred miles of Canadian oil going to interfer with US oil production?

The Texas wildcatters that ushered in America’s shale revolution are resisting the temptation to pump more oil as the market rallies, signaling higher gasoline prices for consumers already battered by the worst inflation in a generation.

Crude prices hurtling toward $100 a barrel typically would spark a frenzy of new drilling by independent explorers in shale fields from the desert Southwest to the Upper Great Plains -- but not this year. Influential players like Pioneer Natural Resources Co., Devon Energy Corp. and Harold Hamm’s Continental Resources Inc. just pledged to limit 2022 production increases to no more than 5%, a fraction of the 20% or higher annual growth rates meted out in the pre-pandemic era.

So much for the inflation excuse.
Well, Biden jerked them off by asking Opec to drill more......they said he should have asked them.
So, faced with the radical ecowarriors wanting to eliminate fossil fuels forever, they are now making money for their shareholders.

Can you blame them?

Pipelines do not extract petroleum from the planet it does transport it yet so does planes, trains and ships. The US has over 200,000 miles of pipelines for petroleum how is one pipeline less than one hundred miles of Canadian oil going to interfer with US oil production?
Just think of all the crisis possibilities by moving oil by rail and truck.

'Oh the humanities'

US oil production doubled during the Obama presidency.
Meh.....read the fine print.

FactCheck Posts

Obama’s Misleading Oil Boast​

Barack Obama

Former President of the United States

exag.png
factcheckdotorg_logo.png

"That whole suddenly America’s like the biggest oil producer … that was me, people."

Interview at Rice University – Tuesday, November 27, 2018

“Oil production did go up through the Obama Administration’s tenure, but it had everything to do with price and the technological breakthroughs that were made by the industry,” Tom Kloza, an oil industry analyst and a founder of the Oil Price Information Service, told us via email. “The Arab Spring led to a long period where global crude prices, particularly for light sweet crude, were quite high — $80-$110 bbl generally — and that was plenty of incentive to find crude via more sophisticated (and for some time) expensive fracking techniques.”

No it merely sets the rules. Why is the US the number one producer of oil in the world?
We were. You really need to catch up.

Oil Producing Countries 2022

The natural oil source is the plethora of oil wells all around the globe, of course. The interesting part about oil wells is that they do not only trap oil. Excess water and other natural gases are trapped in the wells, too, so miners must separate the unnecessary water retention and additional gas before containing oil in barrels. Here is a list of the top ten countries next to their respective barrels per day (BPD) rates:
  1. Russia - 10.58 million BPD
  2. Saudi Arabia - 10.13 million BPD
  3. United States - 9.352 million BPD
  4. Iran - 4.469 million BPD
  5. Iraq - 4.454 million BPD
  6. Canada - 3.977 million BPD
  7. China - 3.383 million BPD
  8. United Arab Emirates - 3.174 million BPD
  9. Kuwait - 2.753 million BPD
  10. Brazil - 2.622 million BPD

Libtard logic 101 the anti drilling, anti pipeline president Obama doubled oil production because of his energy policies ??

How does that work? You think a football team that punts on first down scores 7 points also?

US oil production doubled during the Obama presidency.
US oil production increased in SPITE of what was done by President Obama, NOT because of what he did. As you know, President Obama said that he was fine with gas prices reaching $4.00 a gallon. Obama forbid the use of fracking on government land but could not stop it on private land. Fracking plus the Bakken Oil Field and fracking on other private land countered everything Obama had promised and wished for.

US oil production increased in SPITE of what was done by President Obama, NOT because of what he did. As you know, President Obama said that he was fine with gas prices reaching $4.00 a gallon. Obama forbid the use of fracking on government land but could not stop it on private land. Fracking plus the Bakken Oil Field and fracking on other private land countered everything Obama had promised and wished for.
My God you are dense. Oil companies bought and leased rigs because the price of a barrel of oil was high. They never invest when the ppb is low.

No that was about Israel... Or are you talking about the Iranian revolution?

No I'm talking about the price of gas rising and the shortages under Carter. Did he start a war or something?

You said the president has nothing to do with the price of oil unless he starts a war or something.

US production doubled while Obama was in office. Obama was pleased, but he didn't take credit for it.

Yes he did. From his own words:

“I was extraordinarily proud of the Paris accords because — you know, I know we’re in oil country and we need American energy, and by the way, American energy production,” Obama told the audience gathered at Rice University’s Baker Institute on Tuesday night. “You wouldn’t always know it but it went up every year I was president. That whole, suddenly America’s like the biggest oil producer and the biggest gas — that was me, people.”

Obama Claims Credit for Boom in U.S. Oil Production, Praises Paris Climate Accords | National Review

Obama: "Suddenly America is the largest oil producer, that was me people … say thank you." pic.twitter.com/VfQfX1SR0x
— Tom Elliott (@tomselliott) November 28, 2018

Yep....remember it well and all the other Carter moves.

Have to wonder if history will repeat itself.
Carter had really bad intelligence on Iran. Our people were too close to the shah. We were blindsided. One of my closest friends was there working for the shah and reporting to the US government. He said they blew it.

Forum List

Back