Sh(t or get off the pot time for the GOP on Obamacare

They have the better part of two years to do the doo doo.

We'll see what happens. I'd like to be pleasantly surprised.

I don't see it. Senator Bennett of Utah got primaried for actually saying the right thing. End the tax expenditure for employer sponsored, raise taxes like Obamacare did, and "give" every American a tax credit. The gop said they wanted competition amongst both insurance companies and healthcare provides to get customers. there it was.

Obamacare sucked. But it's not like our side put up anything ... real. And even now the gop can't get votes. But we'll see.

Tax credits??

Just leave the subsidies in place, no sense in doing the same thing a different way. Such idiots, get off the pot, and fix the issues, leave it like it is and tell the insurance companies to get in or die a slow lingering death.

I don't see it. Senator Bennett of Utah got primaried for actually saying the right thing. End the tax expenditure for employer sponsored, raise taxes like Obamacare did, and "give" every American a tax credit. The gop said they wanted competition amongst both insurance companies and healthcare provides to get customers. there it was.

Obamacare sucked. But it's not like our side put up anything ... real. And even now the gop can't get votes. But we'll see.

As if competition has anything or ever had anything to do with our healthcare system.

Tax credits??

Just leave the subsidies in place, no sense in doing the same thing a different way. Such idiots, get off the pot, and fix the issues, leave it like it is and tell the insurance companies to get in or die a slow lingering death.
And negotiate pharma prices down to what Canadians pay, we're subsidizing the "loss" Canada negotiates US pharma corporations down to. that's Don's claim to fame ain't it? Negotiation?

Tax credits??

Tax credits only help those who can pay up front for it in the first place.

Obamacare is a nightmare of over 2,000 pages of legislation, that then spewed 10's of thousands of pages of government regulations. Dem's created the mess of all messes with that turd. How is the GOP just supposed to wave a magic wand and fix that screwed up mess?

As if competition has anything or ever had anything to do with our healthcare system.

Okay. I'll bite.

Insofar as you imply that competition hasn't ever "had anything to do with our healthcare system," what is the economic market structure in which you think healthcare services and products (including insurance products) are bought and sold?
  • Perfect competition
  • Monopoly
  • Oligopoly
  • Monopolistic competition
  • Monopsony

Tax credits??

subsidies and tax credits accomplish pretty much the same thing. The problem with subsidies from a market perspective is that the gummit has control over what's in the policy.

Okay. I'll bite.

Insofar as you imply that competition hasn't ever "had anything to do with our healthcare system," what is the economic market structure in which you think healthcare services and products (including insurance products) are bought and sold?
  • Perfect competition
  • Monopoly
  • Oligopoly
  • Monopsony

I don't think label and/or bumper sticker slogan solutions are really working for america. I don't think they ever have.

Okay. I'll bite.

• Perfect competition
  • Monopoly
  • Oligopoly
  • Monopsony
I'd go for D. Although what we have is pretty much a monopoly, or near monopoly, of insurance companies in any given state. And the healthcare providers must negotiate with the insurance company what they get paid for individual services. And those fees are loosely set by adopting what Medicare pays ... and Medicare is a govt run monopoly. So, maybe D fits that.

Actually it did prior to Medicare. Not that I wish to return to a pure free market system.

Okay. I'll bite.

• Perfect competition
  • Monopoly
  • Oligopoly
  • Monopsony

I don't think label and/or bumper sticker slogan solutions are really working for america. I don't think they ever have.

Okay...are you going to answer the question I asked in response to your earlier comment? Are you retracting that earlier comment?

Actually it did prior to Medicare. Not that I wish to return to a pure free market system.

This entire economic system has never really operated as a level playing field for all competitive free market system. No one anywhere pays what we do for healthcare and ours lags behind the quality of care of many other advanced post industrial societies.

Okay. I'll bite.

• Perfect competition
  • Monopoly
  • Oligopoly
  • Monopsony

Okay...are you going to answer the question I asked in response to your earlier comment? Are you retracting that earlier comment?

I guess I don't accept your two options.

Okay. I'll bite.

• Perfect competition
  • Monopoly
  • Oligopoly
  • Monopsony

You're posting to Fentom, I think. If not please let me know.

Tax credits??

subsidies and tax credits accomplish pretty much the same thing. The problem with subsidies from a market perspective is that the gummit has control over what's in the policy.

Yes and that is great. A good policy will cover the stuff in the ACA policies, and since we can't trust insurance companies , HMOs, or Managed Care to ensure that patient care is put first , we need government oversight.

Tax credits??

Tax credits only help those who can pay up front for it in the first place.
Not necessarily. When the gummitt was handing out credits for stuff like energy efficient laundry driers, sellers would sell on interest free credit payable at tax return time. It could work the same way.

But, my guess is that Obamacare is here to stay ... in one form or another. And the gop can only blame itself.

Forum List

Back