Sgt Shamar Thomas, USMC

I could take him.

Spoken like a true internet tough guy. :cuckoo:

Let's do the irony shuffle! :dance:

I'm flattered you think I'm a tough guy. Fact is I am confident in my abilities that I could kick that loud mouthed marines ass across hell and half of Texas. If that makes me a tough guy then so be it.

No, it just makes you a pussy talking shit over the net. :thup:

Hey I'm not the one saying I could beat this guy up, you did and than backed out like a baby back bitch, now go to bed little boy.

:cuckoo:

You must have forgotten your anti Psychotic meds today idiot, you totally contradicted yourself.

I'm not on any medication, never have been and hopefully never will.

No I didn't contradict myself.

Perhaps you should look up the word before you use it.

If all you disagree with is his methods, than that's you're right. I for one think it's exactly what needs to be done. Could you imagine what would have happened to that guy if he was just an average joe? He'd still be icing the lumps on his head.
Not so.

Because this fellow is a Marine or an ex-Marine (as I am) has no bearing on anything. What he did (berating the police) is not uncommon in protests. It's free speech. Those cops were simply standing by and waiting for a signal from their supervisory officers and if they got it they would have cracked his skull and locked him up.

If that video ended with him getting cracked on the head and arrested it would cause a shitstorm of epic proportions.

I am on the side of the protest but what I've seen thus far tells me it is poorly organized. The way to confront the police is to form silent horizontal lines, sit down and lock arms, form another line behind that one doing the same, and another, and another. Doing this day after day is very time consuming. It quickly erodes police resources and it elicits public sympathy for the protesters who appear to be bullied.

Tear gas loves a crowd, I think the cops almost always have an advantage.

Screaming hysterically at the cops is counterproductive. It depicts the police as passive and the protesters as provocative.

Meh.

Question: Did the cops actually hurt "these people" besides simply having a physical presence? Do we know the answer to this question? The drama of the Marine's rhetoric sugest he wanted to be recorded on tape for some purpose other than protect the people who were there.
The Marine was in a state of apparent hysteria.

Last edited:
You must have forgotten your anti Psychotic meds today idiot, you totally contradicted yourself.

Perhaps you should try sticking your head up your ass, see if it fits.:lol:

That's what I thought.

You have nothing but insults.

Run along little boy.

Question: Did the cops actually hurt "these people" besides simply having a physical presence? Do we know the answer to this question? The drama of the Marine's rhetoric sugest he wanted to be recorded on tape for some purpose other than protect the people who were there.

Based on what he said at the end of the video I saw he claims to have seen several instances of it.

If all you disagree with is his methods, than that's you're right. I for one think it's exactly what needs to be done. Could you imagine what would have happened to that guy if he was just an average joe? He'd still be icing the lumps on his head.
Not so.

Because this fellow is a Marine or an ex-Marine (as I am) has no bearing on anything. What he did (berating the police) is not uncommon in protests. It's free speech. Those cops were simply standing by and waiting for a signal from their supervisory officers and if they got it they would have cracked his skull and locked him up.

If that video ended with him getting cracked on the head and arrested it would cause a shitstorm of epic proportions.

I am on the side of the protest but what I've seen thus far tells me it is poorly organized. The way to confront the police is to form silent horizontal lines, sit down and lock arms, form another line behind that one doing the same, and another, and another. Doing this day after day is very time consuming. It quickly erodes police resources and it elicits public sympathy for the protesters who appear to be bullied.

Tear gas loves a crowd, I think the cops almost always have an advantage.

Screaming hysterically at the cops is counterproductive. It depicts the police as passive and the protesters as provocative.

Meh.

To the bolded - sure. If you're used to viewing things superficially.

There are scumbags in every branch of the service - this particular Sgt. Shamar guy, just happens to be in the Marines. I am sure his Gunny has him guarding some gate in the middle of bum-fuck Quantico right now. There, he'll have time to ponder why he's a Corporal now.

Neg'd

That's what I thought.

You have nothing but insults.

Run along little boy.

Go to sleep little girl, and make sure you drink a glass of water with the pills the nice nurse gives you. :thup:

With the pounding his ass has taken over the years no doubt his head would fit up there like a glove.

He may be a Marine but not a smart one.
Military regs say you can't ID yourself as a Marine, Sailor, etc. - member of the Armed Forces - when you're protesting, as a civilian.
He's a Sgt., or was one - should have known better.

That seems to be a widely broken rule, I see it all the time.
You do?

Are you around the military that much?

I am several months out of the year. I have yet to see it.

Umm...let's see, bumper stickers, hats, pins, license plates, shirts, flags in the front yard...yeah I see it quite a bit.

I could take him.

Let's do the irony shuffle! :dance:

I'm flattered you think I'm a tough guy. Fact is I am confident in my abilities that I could kick that loud mouthed marines ass across hell and half of Texas. If that makes me a tough guy then so be it.

Of course even still, I'm not betting on the irony sinking in.

Forum List

Back