Seven Seconds.

The TV would be better turned off.

805d5fbc1b0370a1258009be3a32f1c5.gif

You lock down a dozen or so morons in a room for a few months with no TV and let the calamity take it's natural course.

In the classic book, "World War Z", a book that shares nothing with the movie but the title, one of the best chapters was about a group of D-List celebrities who decided to wait out the Zombie Apocalypse by renting out a huge mansion in Long Island protected by a team of mercenaries and catered to by servants.

The attention whore celebrities live streamed every aspect of their "survival" to The Internet. However, the entitled celebs treated their staff and protectors like dirt and when the rest of the world learned there was a fortified mansion provided with a massive food store and security, they decided to invite themselves.

The mercenaries decided they were paid to protect the celebs against zombies, but they weren't being paid to protect them from other survivors, so they just opened the gates and let the rest of the world come in and turn out the celebs.

Now THAT is reality TV I would watch.

In the classic book, "World War Z", a book that shares nothing with the movie but the title, one of the best chapters was about a group of D-List celebrities who decided to wait out the Zombie Apocalypse by renting out a huge mansion in Long Island protected by a team of mercenaries and catered to by servants.

The attention whore celebrities live streamed every aspect of their "survival" to The Internet. However, the entitled celebs treated their staff and protectors like dirt and when the rest of the world learned there was a fortified mansion provided with a massive food store and security, they decided to invite themselves.

The mercenaries decided they were paid to protect the celebs against zombies, but they weren't being paid to protect them from other survivors, so they just opened the gates and let the rest of the world come in and turn out the celebs.

I haven't read it yet, but I will put it on my list.

That was such a good book... the movie sucked balls. It's a shame because the book would have made for an interesting movie...

But it did give me one of my favorite Venn diagrams...

From The Oatmeal:

1702680733648.png

Max Brooks wrote another book I enjoyed, Devolution.

His graphic novel, The Harlem Hellfighters, is next on my list.

I haven't read it yet, but I will put it on my list.
If you like this genre of fiction, you must read Nicholas Sandsbuy Smiths Extinction Cycle series. Hands down the best I've ever heard/read. By miles. And if you are an audiobook fan, the narration is superb. Done by one of the best in the business. Bronson Pinchot. Yes that Bronson Pichot. Serge from the Beverley Hills Cop series, and Balky from Perfect Strangers I believe. He has a huge presence in the audiobook narrating world, and is one of the very best at it.

True, it's just a damn shame you are incapable of providing some more detailed information about the enterprise. Something that might pique the interest of folks who, like me, had not heard of it. Something to make us want to seek it out and watch it.

No need to scold me.

Seven Seconds is the kind of miniseries the Americans do so well. To an outsider lIke me, focusing on the internal social, cultural and racial problems which tear US citizens apart, to this day.

This review sums up one of the reasons l liked the show:

The commitment to showing a heightened version of life as it is, with a splash of Dickensian showmanship, makes Seven Seconds stand out. In the spirit of Sidney Lumet’s cop corruption films — and TV shows that obviously learned from them, like The Wire and Show Me a Hero — Seven Seconds is shot in real locations. There are no stars, unless you count Regina King and Gretchen Mol (who appears in a small role as an attorney representing the police), and these are actors who are famous mainly for being able to blend in to whatever woodwork happens to surround them. The shock of seeing so many plausibly real-seeming people wandering through real settings amplifies emotions that would’ve been wrenching even if they’d been expressed in a glossy, Hollywood manner.​

No need to scold me.

Seven Seconds is the kind of miniseries the Americans do so well. To an outsider lIke me, focusing on the internal social, cultural and racial problems which tear US citizens apart, to this day.
No
Leftist convince everyone there are cultural and racial problems and convince everyone it is tearing US citizens apart... when in fact... it is all of the hyper focusing and constant raaaacism accusations that is tearing U.S. citizens apart.
America is the most diverse nation on the planet.
No other nation even comes close.
It is laughable to hear Europeans with their 95% plus same race populations comment on racial issues.
:rolleyes:

I watched it shortly after Netflix released it. Definitely a must see. If you are the parent of a murdered child, be warned - this will pull you back to the first moments of every parent's nightmare.

Forum List

Back