Sessions' record the opposite of what liberals are claiming

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
Libs will lie and they will search high and low for some comment he made in the past that can be taken out of context or twisted. What they won't do is look at the facts and see that he's been fair to all people. That doesn't fit the narrative and no way in hell will they ever acknowledge that.

"Too much is made of the influence of Saul Alinsky on the Left, but there is something to the personalize-and-isolate strategy. We are currently being treated to a national spectacle of stupidity in which Jeff Sessions is smeared as a racist. His record suggests the opposite, but, never mind that: He is a white conservative from Alabama, and so calling him a racist is the safest thing in the world.

I was thinking about that this morning after reading Victor’s piece on Trumpism and enjoying his short litany of progressive hypocrisy:

He is not Al Gore urging Middle Americans to drive less while he flies on his Gulfstream private jets, or Barack Obama who loves exclusive, expensive Sidwell Friends prep school for his own children but opposes charter-school choices for the less fortunate, or a Senator Barbara Boxer who lives in an irrigated desert oasis but seeks to stop contracted water transfers for those who grow food rather than lawn turf.

If the Right protested the way the Left does, there would be a GOP-led protest outside of Sidwell Friends 24/7/365. I am sure it is a fine school, but there is no grosser example of Washington’s hypocrisy than the tony private academy relied upon by the Democratic elite who for narrowly self-interested reasons deny the poor people they purport to represent the opportunity to send their own children to similarly organized schools. (I myself would greatly prefer to be on duty protesting Barbara Boxer’s home in the Coachella Valley.)

This is part of what bugs conservatives so much about things like Meryl Streep’s cracked performance at the Golden Globes. It isn’t necessarily the content, which ranged from the unobjectionable (Donald Trump’s mocking of a disabled reporter really was distasteful and deserving of criticism) to the batty (who on Earth wants to eject all the foreigners from Hollywood?) but what it mainly was is, in the view of many conservatives, ill-timed. The election is over, and the event in question was not a political rally but a self-congratulatory professional gathering, like the annual awards banquet of the Muleshoe Association of Realtors. The Left does not see anything as being off-limits to politics, and the Right, broadly speaking, does. That’s both a question of style and substance."

Read more at: Smearing Jeff Sessions: A National Spectacle of Stupidity, by Kevin D. Williamson, National Review

Forum List

Back