Sessions' firing is a very good omen.....for democrats

Trump has just crossed over to attempting to fuck over the Constitution and attempting to be above the law to protect his own hide and his corrupt family members.

Time for republicans who care about the country and NOT just their own sorry hide to step up and tell the wanna be "emperor" to put some clothes on.

I was under the impression that the President decided who the AG was. I was unaware that firing him was a constitutional crisis since the AG clearly falls under Article 2 powers.

It is amusing to watch the same people who flipped out about Sessions being appointed claiming he was a racist nazi klansman unqualified for the job out protesting that he was fired.

Just goes to show how insincere the original objections were
So you think a president can subvert the confirmation process by having an Attorney General approved of by the Senate, then firing said AG and installing their own Attorney General without Senate approval, as required by the Constitution?

How is firing an AG and making a temp recess appointment while searching for a new one to be confirmed by the senate subverting anything?

It’s completely impractical to suggest he needs to have the senate approve a temp AG while he searches for a new one while the senate is not in session

Trump has just crossed over to attempting to fuck over the Constitution and attempting to be above the law to protect his own hide and his corrupt family members.

Time for republicans who care about the country and NOT just their own sorry hide to step up and tell the wanna be "emperor" to put some clothes on.

I was under the impression that the President decided who the AG was. I was unaware that firing him was a constitutional crisis since the AG clearly falls under Article 2 powers.

It is amusing to watch the same people who flipped out about Sessions being appointed claiming he was a racist nazi klansman unqualified for the job out protesting that he was fired.

So you think a president can subvert the confirmation process by having an Attorney General approved of by the Senate, then firing said AG and installing their own Attorney General without Senate approval, as required by the Constitution?

How is firing an AG and making a temp recess appointment while searching for a new one to be confirmed by the senate subverting anything?

It’s completely impractical to suggest he needs to have the senate approve a temp AG while he searches for a new one while the senate is not in session

He's not the AG... Right now he is the department manager... Until he is confirmed or another is....I defy anyone to say it's illegal.

Jo

Yep....for 210 days....and in 210 days he can do it again....and again....and again.....who knows...that may be exactly what he plans to do... Or alternately they could confirm him....but here's what I suggest. Go down there right now and tell that guy to get the hell out of the building and wait for further orders from you.

JO
Well, not exactly. If Trump is allowed to subvert the Constitution in this manner, no president needs to wait 210 days. They can fire their Attorney General the very next day after being confirmed, if this is allowed to stand, and install whoever they want without being confirmed.

What Trump cult members REFUSE to acknowledge is this simple fact:

Is an AG's job to uphold the Constitution by investigating and prosecuting wrong doings by possible criminals, traitors, etc.????

OR

Is the AG's job mostly to protect the office that appointed him or her???

Well if you ask Obama it’s clearly the second one

How you ask?? When that temp is already in the pocket of the president doing his best to stop investigations into trumps illegal acts

I sincerely think that Trump is truly scared of what the Mueller investigation will reveal...and when you're scared, you over-reach and make an obvious moronic move like appointing a stooge to head the investigation of your own sorry and corrupt past.

that's exactly why he picked kavanaugh. rumor is that turtle boy told trump that brett wasn't the one to go with because of his reputation & the paper trail he has since W.'s regime; he wants kavaugh to rule that a sitting president can't be touched for crimes he obviously committed.

Obviously committed? Which statute was violated?

How you ask?? When that temp is already in the pocket of the president doing his best to stop investigations into trumps illegal acts
All presidents appoint AG's who share their views.

I sincerely think that Trump is truly scared of what the Mueller investigation will reveal...and when you're scared, you over-reach and make an obvious moronic move like appointing a stooge to head the investigation of your own sorry and corrupt past.
Mueller is so smart This ass, this AG moron appointed, won't be able to stop Mueller from giving what he knows to congress

No one was planning to stop him from giving nothing to anyone

You're almost right.

Here try again:

How you ask?? When that temp is already doing his best to stop illegal acts.

Ahh.... Now you get it!

Jo

Mueller is so smart This ass, this AG moron appointed, won't be able to stop Mueller from giving what he knows to congress
lol There is no evidence that Mueller know anything to justify continuing the special counselor.

Just one question for republicans Is it an AG or a SC nominee's job to protect the president ,embrace him or it it their job to work for the people?

It’s their job to enforce the law. They answer to the President because it’s Bosnia’s responsibility to enforce the law.

Something that the obama administration ignored

You're almost right.

Here try again:

How you ask?? When that temp is already doing his best to stop illegal acts.

Ahh.... Now you get it!

Jo
What illegal acts has Mueller engaged in??

Post Article, section and paragraph please.

Don't hold your breath
I posted it. Now we all get to watch your head explode.

:blowup:
You posted the confirmation process
That is all. What you have failed to do is
Show that it forbids interim appointments.
I expect that the Senate will be sitting for confirmation very soon. Names have already been floated out. Leaving Rosenstein in charge is not an option.

Jo
None are allowed if the Constitution doesn’t allow for it. It actually does in cases where the Senate is on recess. That’s the only exception given. And the Senate is not on recess.

Just one question for republicans Is it an AG or a SC nominee's job to protect the president ,embrace him or it it their job to work for the people?

Ask Loretta lynch... She did nothing but protect.

Jo
Lets just say you're right Does that give this trump pos the right to do the same without even a whimper from those who kiss is ass? And Obama wasn't being protected from dealing with our enemy

Good God man Obama was protected by the press, by the attorney general, by the courts
and by the general spirits of dishonesty everywhere.

I don't excuse Trump doing what he does but I do call a double standard when I see one.

Jo
Remind me What was Obama being protected from ?? {besides the repub scum in congress}

If you have to ask you are already too far behind.

Jo
That you can’t answer, answers for you.

Don't hold your breath

I expect that the Senate will be sitting for confirmation very soon. Names have already been floated out. Leaving Rosenstein in charge is not an option.

Jo
None are allowed if the Constitution doesn’t allow for it. It actually does in cases where the Senate is on recess. That’s the only exception given. And the Senate is not on recess.
None of this matters. Whitaker is there to force Mueller to go public with any evidence of collusion between the President's campaign and the Russian government and when he shows he has none, to shut down the "investigation". By the time this issue makes it's way through the courts, this will have been done and a new AG, not Whitaker, will have been confirmed by the Senate.

Don't hold your breath

Jo
None of this matters. Whitaker is there to force Mueller to go public with any evidence of collusion between the President's campaign and the Russian government and when he shows he has none, to shut down the "investigation". By the time this issue makes it's way through the courts, this will have been done and a new AG, not Whitaker, will have been confirmed by the Senate.

Yep ...

You nailed it.

Jo

Don't hold your breath

Jo

Additionally he's just not using his head.
What if Sessions and Rosenstein both died in a plane crash? You trying to tell me that the DOJ has no legal head until one is confirmed? No....

Jo

Last edited:

The Senate was technically in session as they were holding pro forms sessions every few days so that recess appointments could not happen.

Forum List

Back