Sequester Chart of the Day.....

It's the morning after the signing of the sequester...
reporting all is well.
The sun has risen and I haven't noticed any of the 170 million people that are gonna lose their jobs
rioting so it looks like it's gonna be a good day..

I will post an update a little later in the day...

Good luck peeps.

I smoked a cigarette last night, and guess what? I woke up this morning.

So if I were a right winger, I would say that is proof positive that smoking is totally harmless. Thankfully I have an adult brain, not a child's.

Mere parsimony is not economy. Expense, and great expense, may be an essential part in true economy.
Edmund Burke

We just cut $1,200,000,000,000 from the budget, how can we do that and still have a country left?

....over 10 years

I smoked a cigarette last night, and guess what? I woke up this morning.

So if I were a right winger, I would say that is proof positive that smoking is totally harmless. Thankfully I have an adult brain, not a child's.

Mere parsimony is not economy. Expense, and great expense, may be an essential part in true economy.
Edmund Burke

We just cut $1,200,000,000,000 from the budget, how can we do that and still have a country left?

....over 10 years

Not according to Obama and the Democratic scare machine.

But, but, but we Peasants were under the impression that the Fate of the Nation no, Democracy Itself was at stake? :confused:

Dogs and cats, living together... You know, real Wrath of God stuff!

Watching a movie on Netflix now.
Sequestration hasn't affected the quality of the streaming process at all.

Oh it's a horror movie.Christopher Walken is one pissed off angel.

Let's get one thing straight, King Barry Hussein is the Chief Executive of The United States of America. That places the onus of where and what to SPEND directly upon his shoulders. He can try to blame others - but IT'S HIS RESPONSIBILITY!!!

If we're gonna get screwed - it's him who's doing it. :evil:

Isn't it fucking amazing...To top the cake, he spent twice as much as Bush, even through he bitched at Bush for his spending. LOL. :eusa_whistle:
deficit at the end of bush's term- 1.4t, current deficit 900b
2009 United States federal budget - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
2013 United States federal budget - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
it would help if you read your own links, and understand what and how the budget for the US is crafted and, what happened in year 2008 while creating the budget for 2009.
Your 2009 link as proof of anything is, well, since this is the CDZ, I'll just say its 'not very good', bush didn't sign the stimulus into law,or have it in his 2008 for 2009 , did he?
The final spending bills for the budget were not signed into law until March 11, 2009 by President Barack Obama, nearly five and a half months after the fiscal year began.
Lie.
Bush's term ended at the beginning of 2009, not the end of it. Your dates need significant work.

Conservatives crashed the economy with their irresponsible policies reflecting their desire for a lack of market oversight, that obama has to clean up their mess doesnt shift the burden to him. Night shift let the building catch on fire, now dayshift has to deal with cleaning up the rubble.

How do you fix an economy? You spend money creating jobs, doing the things that we need done, ideally the things that the free market has neglected to do (energy independence for one). Austerity, which is essentially firing people to suit an arbitrary budget constraint, even if those people are doing something that needs doing, is counter productive, it exacerbates a recession.

Last edited:
Edmund Burke

Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.
H. L. Mencken

How ethical of you to erase my response in your reply. But I am not at all surprised, you are consistent.

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Your analogy wasn't germane to my response to your quote.

You'll notice too, my quote is on topic, yours is directed at me personally, this is the Cdz, calling my ethics into question etc. is beyond the topic.....drop it.

it would help if you read your own links, and understand what and how the budget for the US is crafted and, what happened in year 2008 while creating the budget for 2009.
Your 2009 link as proof of anything is, well, since this is the CDZ, I'll just say its 'not very good', bush didn't sign the stimulus into law,or have it in his 2008 for 2009 , did he?
The final spending bills for the budget were not signed into law until March 11, 2009 by President Barack Obama, nearly five and a half months after the fiscal year began.
Lie.
Bush's term ended at the beginning of 2009, not the end of it. Your dates need significant work.

Conservatives crashed the economy with their irresponsible policies reflecting their desire for a lack of market oversight, that makes it their fault that obama has to clean up their mess. Night shift let the building catch on fire, now dayshift has to deal with cleaning up the rubble.

How do you fix an economy? You spend money creating jobs, doing the things that we need done, ideally the things that the free market has neglected to do (energy independence for one). Austerity, which is essentially firing people to suit an arbitrary budget constraint, even if those people are doing something that needs doing, is counter productive, it exacerbates a recession.

You're naturally welcome to your harangues, but it has nothing to do with our comments in response to your posts , so I don't know why you quoted them. I am not going to respond to philipics either.......

Lie.

Conservatives crashed the economy with their irresponsible policies reflecting their desire for a lack of market oversight, that makes it their fault that obama has to clean up their mess. Night shift let the building catch on fire, now dayshift has to deal with cleaning up the rubble.

You're naturally welcome to your harangues, but it has nothing to do with our comments in response to your posts , so I don't know why you quoted them. I am not going to respond to philipics either.......

The recession has everything to do with the IMPLOSION of tax revenue we endured.

and you arnt contributing to the discussion by making posts about how you're not responding to things, thats just disruptive noise.

Last edited:

The recession has everything to do with the IMPLOSION of tax revenue we endured.

and you arnt contributing to the discussion by making posts about how you're not responding to things, thats just disruptive noise.

the recession is not what we responded to, we responded to the posts of yours we quoted. your answer was a harangue on another topic.

if you would like to discuss the recession and whos responsible etc. please feel free to start a thread.

I suspect that the Obamanoids are feeling a bit like the fellow in Hong Kong (who went into massive debt because he thought the world was going to end due to the Mayan Apocalypse) did on December 22, 2012 when he realized that the world did not end.

Lie.

Conservatives crashed the economy with their irresponsible policies reflecting their desire for a lack of market oversight, that obama has to clean up their mess doesnt shift the burden to him. Night shift let the building catch on fire, now dayshift has to deal with cleaning up the rubble.

What conservatives?

You want to know how to fix an economy, you do the same thing we did after WWII, cut government spending by 40%.

Last edited:

You do know that tax revenue went up the last few times we cut taxes, don't you? How does that equal an implosion of tax revenue?

the recession is not what we responded to, we responded to the posts of yours we quoted. your answer was a harangue on another topic.

if you would like to discuss the recession and whos responsible etc. please feel free to start a thread.

I-35W Mississippi River bridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You want to know how to fix an economy, you do the same thing we did after WWII, cut government spending by 40%.

SPECIFICALLY WHICH govt spending did they cut, as opposed to what you want cut? You cant just mush it all up into one pile.

You do know that tax revenue went up the last few times we cut taxes, don't you?
You seem to have confused the idea of lowering tax rates to spur growth, resulting in higher tax revenue over the long term, with some attempt to turn grade school mathematics on its head. Not that the economic principle you positively mangled here has panned out in practice either.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...th-in-one-graph/2011/05/19/AGLaxJeH_blog.html

How does that equal an implosion of tax revenue?
Im talking about the implosion of revenue due to the recession.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_United_States_federal_budget

Total revenue $2.7 trillion (estimated)
$2.105 trillion (actual)

Last edited:
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.
H. L. Mencken

How ethical of you to erase my response in your reply. But I am not at all surprised, you are consistent.

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Your analogy wasn't germane to my response to your quote.

You'll notice too, my quote is on topic, yours is directed at me personally, this is the Cdz, calling my ethics into question etc. is beyond the topic.....drop it.

My reply was on topic and in response to Rozman's post. Why did you choose to erase it? You must have a reason.

your reply to me was not on topic is was directed at me for not using your hole post.

I will tell you again- my response was intended as rebuttal to your quote, the rest of your post was not germane to my rebuttal.....

I-35W Mississippi River bridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

SPECIFICALLY WHICH govt spending did they cut, as opposed to what you want cut? You cant just mush it all up into one pile.

You seem to have confused the idea of lowering tax rates to spur growth, resulting in higher tax revenue over the long term, with some attempt to turn grade school mathematics on its head. Not that the economic principle you positively mangled here has panned out in practice either.

Tax rates and economic growth in one graph - The Washington Post

How does that equal an implosion of tax revenue?
Im talking about the implosion of revenue due to the recession.

Total revenue $2.7 trillion (estimated)
$2.105 trillion (actual)

and I am talking about the sequester, that is why I started the thread and named it so.

Forum List

Back