Senator Obama's Foreign Policy Experience

waaaah, you got everything right except the facts. waaaah.

too funny.

well, i'm off to Portugal- I share a water border with it via the Panama Canal.

caio, baby.

Have fun. When you come back, try and make substantive posts. Bullshit ones like this just prove that you've got nothing intelligent to say.

yeah, it touches lake michigan. which hits ontario. alaska is across from russia and seperated by the bering strait. the only difference is the width of the body of water. palin using alaska's proximity to russia as foreign policy experience is utterly stupid, just like if obama used illinois' proximity to canada.

and while there is a mississippi river in ontario, it is not connected to the one in the united states, which starts in MN. buy a map

you're thinking of the Missisauga River, i think.the Mississippi does indeed start in MN which touches L.Superior, etc, etc. hence Louisiana borders Canada. Larrkin assures me this is correct.

you may want to breathe into a paper bag, you seem a little over stimulated.

The fact is, neither has foreign policy experience. I think you know that. So will you be voting for Obama, McCain or someone else?

Actually Obama does have some. And considering that experience isn't the only thing that matters in foreign policy, I'm not that worried. I'll be voting for Obama for a number of reasons, one is that his judgement on foreign policy has been sound and reasoned, unlike McCain. We are all Georgians? I'm the first one to call for humanitarian intervention, but even I don't think the US should piss off Russia for the tiny, fairly despotic, state of Georgia, nor should it pull the "we are all Georgians" bullshit to protect a tiny region whose residents are mainly Russian, and want to be part of Russia.

Oh, and by the way, I also care about this country and the retarded domestic policies that McCain is advocating for. And if the 72 year old Senator dies in office, then we are stuck with Palin, a truly terrifying thought.

why? are you the final arbiter of what gets posted? typical right wing strong arm tactics.

I was giving you advice, dipshit. If you want to just spew insults because you have nothing to say, go for it. But it is more interesting when I can skewer your points because they are illogical, rather than just making fun of you because you don't have any points at all.

And...lmfao. Right wing? Seriously? You do realize this entire thread I've been mocking Palin, right? Sarah Palin? Maybe you've heard of her? Running for Republican nominee for Vice President?

I was giving you advice, dipshit. If you want to just spew insults because you have nothing to say, go for it. But it is more interesting when I can skewer your points because they are illogical, rather than just making fun of you because you don't have any points at all.

And...lmfao. Right wing? Seriously? You do realize this entire thread I've been mocking Palin, right? Sarah Palin? Maybe you've heard of her? Running for Republican nominee for Vice President?

what's your point, Mercator?

no, i'm being annoying, and i don't really give a rat's ass what you like.

thanks for the update on riparian Ontario; i never knew there was a Mississippi there.

and i dont care what you like. i was telling you why i responded.

both candidates are light on foreign policy experience. but palin is lighter.

no problem on the river fact

Actually Obama does have some. And considering that experience isn't the only thing that matters in foreign policy, I'm not that worried. I'll be voting for Obama for a number of reasons, one is that his judgement on foreign policy has been sound and reasoned, unlike McCain. We are all Georgians? I'm the first one to call for humanitarian intervention, but even I don't think the US should piss off Russia for the tiny, fairly despotic, state of Georgia, nor should it pull the "we are all Georgians" bullshit to protect a tiny region whose residents are mainly Russian, and want to be part of Russia.

Oh, and by the way, I also care about this country and the retarded domestic policies that McCain is advocating for. And if the 72 year old Senator dies in office, then we are stuck with Palin, a truly terrifying thought.

I wish I shared your optimism about Obama. I haven't seen good judgement from him concerning foreign policy. However, Bill Clinton was a major loser when he took office and his term wasn't too bad, although I think the Republican-controlled Congress elected in 1994 helped the country tremendously. Maybe the same thing will happen again in 2010 if Obama gets elected in November.

and i dont care what you like. i was telling you why i responded.

both candidates are light on foreign policy experience. but palin is lighter.

no problem on the river fact

but Palin's running for VP against Biden, which everyone on both sides seems to ignore when convenient. it's just amusing to watch both sides indulge in the same behavior you see in the monkey house at the Bronx Zoo. of course, it doesn't smell as bad........

what's your point, Mercator?

You want a summary, dumbass?

Point: Say something substantive.

Point: I'm not a right winger.

Really not hard.

I wish I shared your optimism about Obama. I haven't seen good judgement from him concerning foreign policy. However, Bill Clinton was a major loser when he took office and his term wasn't too bad, although I think the Republican-controlled Congress elected in 1994 helped the country tremendously. Maybe the same thing will happen again in 2010 if Obama gets elected in November.

the country is much better off when the 2 branches are held by opposing parties, IMO.

but Palin's running for VP against Biden, which everyone on both sides seems to ignore when convenient. it's just amusing to watch both sides indulge in the same behavior you see in the monkey house at the Bronx Zoo. of course, it doesn't smell as bad........

haha, good analogy

the country is much better off when the 2 branches are held by opposing parties, IMO.

I'm with you there! I always viewed Bill Clinton as a rather weak President with a Republican-controlled Congress acting like real conservatives. That worked. Reagan's term wasn't too bad, either.

*shrug* I'm sure I'll be disappointed. But compared to McCain? Joking about bombing Iran? Really? Saying he won't meet with foreign leaders? Really? Maintain the embargo on Cuba? Really?

I mean he is nowhere as bad as Bush, whose foreign policy was a colossal failure, but Obama would go much farther in repairing our relations with other countries and making a real effort to promote multilateralism.

By the way....interesting note, McCain, for all the assumptions about his foreign policy experience, doesn't mention his foreign policy much on his website. Obama does, addressing Israel, Africa, Latin America, Nuclear weapons, and more.

Forum List

Back