Senator Frankstein: You're not a journalist unless you draw a salary!

What a clown hoebag

-Geaux

Clown-Dianne-Feinstein-23708.jpg

Nothing like the Rightyloon twist. What she was addressing was how we live in a time where anyone with an internets connection in grandmas basement are calling themselves journaiists because they start a blog. They are not professionals.

Tell me something, if the right had decided to toss Helen Thomas out of the briefing room because she wasn't getting a salary from a a news organization how would you have reacted?

Or did you not know that stinger is another word for freelancer?

What does that dead senile old lady got to do with anything? No need to answer. It's a rhetorical question. :eusa_drool:

She has a vote, 1% of the entire vote, of the Senate. 1% is actually a lot for a single person. Quite powerful.

One is a journalist to the extent that one actually has an audience.

I disagree that the litmus test is getting paid for it.

Well, yeah, that makes sense too, but I question anyone who has a profession but no income from it.

Who said they were not making money? Do you understand the difference between getting paid for freelance work and getting paid a salary?

It is a moot point anyway. Constitutional rights are not subject to whether or not one gets paid.

Nothing like the Rightyloon twist. What she was addressing was how we live in a time where anyone with an internets connection in grandmas basement are calling themselves journaiists because they start a blog. They are not professionals.

Tell me something, if the right had decided to toss Helen Thomas out of the briefing room because she wasn't getting a salary from a a news organization how would you have reacted?

What does that dead senile old lady got to do with anything? No need to answer. It's a rhetorical question. :eusa_drool:

Helen Thomas never worked as a salaried agent of a media corporation. Since you think that is the definition of a reporter, you must not think she was a reporter, even when she was asking bush those tough questions.

The word is 'stringer', not 'stinger', and the word does mean exactly the same thing as freelancer.

Stringers typically work as extra local staff for major networks or agencies like AFP or Reuters, particularly in places like Iraq where agencies limit the number of their own staff on the ground for insurance reasons.

So basically all stringers are freelancers, but not all freelancers are stringers.

Since you just looked that up, you must feel really stupid for agreeing with Feinstein when she said that stringers are not real reporters.

Those who draw a salary have to answer to their paymaster, so they are not free journalists as the paymaster can tell that what to publish; and what news to bury.

Yeah....in reality it doesn't work that way.

I know a lot of members of the public like to believe that, but I can tell you from personal experience there is very little telling people what to publish.

Personally, I have NEVER been told what to write.

That is because you aren't getting paid to write.

Well, yeah, that makes sense too, but I question anyone who has a profession but no income from it.

Who said they were not making money? Do you understand the difference between getting paid for freelance work and getting paid a salary?

It is a moot point anyway. Constitutional rights are not subject to whether or not one gets paid.

I agree with you, but Saigon seems to think only people who get paid a salary from a media corporation deserve rights.

She has a vote, 1% of the entire vote, of the Senate. 1% is actually a lot for a single person. Quite powerful.

Helen Thomas never worked as a salaried agent of a media corporation. Since you think that is the definition of a reporter, you must not think she was a reporter, even when she was asking bush those tough questions.

Both of you need to pick up a book. Then come back and have an intelligent discussion.

Both of you need to pick up a book. Then come back and have an intelligent discussion.

Why don’t you try actually making a point rather than an insult in relation to the quoted people.

THEN maybe we can have an intelligent discussion….

What the fuck does that mean? Feinstein is the idiot that thinks only people who get paid a salary by media companies qualify as journalists.

What the fuck does that mean? Feinstein is the idiot that thinks only people who get paid a salary by media companies qualify as journalists.

Gee I dunno. Let's see it all in order again.

Buehler? Buehler? Anyone?

Forum List

Back