Senator Cory Booker introduces bill to legalize marijuana all across America

and so someone who is trying to smuggle his stash on board is an addict?.....if you say so roshan....we used to hide joints on us going into the LA Forum to see a concert,and none of us were addicts.....turn off Reefer Madness its not a factual movie.....
Reefer Madness. There you go down the ultra-con, regressive, stuck-in-the-70's road. You're about 50 years backwards.
When someone can't hit the road or leave the house without making sure they have their dope with them, they're an addict. Just like when I smoked cigarettes.
You need to progress a little.
if you ever smoked pot you would know just because you want to get high at a concert or bring some smoke on vacation you are not an addict....you would know this if you actually smoked the stuff....but then you are the guy who says getting a whiff of pot outside is detrimental for you.....i think you are the guy who needs to progress a little
I'm not talking about just bringing pot to an event. In talking about people who can't leave the house without making sure they have their dope. Can't go a day without getting high.
My experience comes from using pot between 1970 and 1975. Over 40 years of regret and dealing with intolerant, ignorant potheads who refuse to accept that not everyone has the same reaction and not everyone wants to be exposed to an ignoramus's pot residue.
i knew lots of guys like that,and the great majority of them quit like i did,cold turkey,because it was getting to be a pain in the ass to get some,so we just quit.....if we were addicted we would not have quit as easy as we did....to this day 25-30 years later i may have indulged 4-5 times over the last 15 years....and that was at a get together and some of the younger guys had some...
Well, that's you. You're not everybody.
thats true im not everybody,but i bet i am like most everybody....

if you ever smoked pot you would know just because you want to get high at a concert or bring some smoke on vacation you are not an addict....you would know this if you actually smoked the stuff....but then you are the guy who says getting a whiff of pot outside is detrimental for you.....i think you are the guy who needs to progress a little
I'm not talking about just bringing pot to an event. In talking about people who can't leave the house without making sure they have their dope. Can't go a day without getting high.
My experience comes from using pot between 1970 and 1975. Over 40 years of regret and dealing with intolerant, ignorant potheads who refuse to accept that not everyone has the same reaction and not everyone wants to be exposed to an ignoramus's pot residue.
Which is why we need cheap and easily accessible abortion....to prevent overrunning the country with idiots.
like the non aborted wont grow up and choose to smoke pot....
Some will, but there'll be less of them. Less Meth heads and criminals too.

Abortion and crime: who should you believe? - Freakonomics
and how do you know there will be less of them?...
Didn't read the link, didja?

Besides the info there's the fact more poor have unwanted birth for a few different reasons.

The Gap In Rates of Unplanned Births Between the Richest and Poorest Women
A 2011 study from the Brookings Institution estimated that healthcare costs for unintended pregnancies and resulting births total about $12 billion in tax-payer dollars each year through government-subsidized medical-care programs like Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP). Studies have found that these pregnancies can negatively impact educational attainment for mothers. A 2010 paper from Boston University suggests that unplanned pregnancies and births can be detrimental to a woman’s economic status and income, and can reduce the probability of labor-force participation by as much as 25 percent.
upload_2017-8-4_16-15-22.png

Reefer Madness. There you go down the ultra-con, regressive, stuck-in-the-70's road. You're about 50 years backwards.
When someone can't hit the road or leave the house without making sure they have their dope with them, they're an addict. Just like when I smoked cigarettes.
You need to progress a little.
i knew lots of guys like that,and the great majority of them quit like i did,cold turkey,because it was getting to be a pain in the ass to get some,so we just quit.....if we were addicted we would not have quit as easy as we did....to this day 25-30 years later i may have indulged 4-5 times over the last 15 years....and that was at a get together and some of the younger guys had some...
Why do you think so?

Which is why we need cheap and easily accessible abortion....to prevent overrunning the country with idiots.

Besides the info there's the fact more poor have unwanted birth for a few different reasons.

A 2011 study from the Brookings Institution estimated that healthcare costs for unintended pregnancies and resulting births total about $12 billion in tax-payer dollars each year through government-subsidized medical-care programs like Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP). Studies have found that these pregnancies can negatively impact educational attainment for mothers. A 2010 paper from Boston University suggests that unplanned pregnancies and births can be detrimental to a woman’s economic status and income, and can reduce the probability of labor-force participation by as much as 25 percent.
View attachment 142097
so are you one who thinks only poor people do drugs?....only people from broken families?...

View attachment 142097
so are you one who thinks only poor people do drugs?....only people from broken families?...
No and No.

Why do you think so?
experience knowing many pot smokers and knowing what became of many of them after the pot days and reading others experiences in the many pot threads here.....if a pot smokers life was ruined,9 out of ten times he was doing something else besides pot....

Why do you think so?
experience knowing many pot smokers and knowing what became of many of them after the pot days and reading others experiences in the many pot threads here.....if a pot smokers life was ruined,9 out of ten times he was doing something else besides pot....
I'm not talking about occasional pot smokers or college kids.

Why do you think so?
I'm not talking about occasional pot smokers or college kids.
well people like tipsy and a few others here believe that if you smoked pot 30 years ago and havent touched any since then.....you are still an addict.....she also stated and was backed up by another poster,that if you smoke a joint today,since it can still be detected 2-3 weeks in your blood,you are still high and should not be driving.....this is the kind of mentality that is in the pot threads by some clueless anti-pot people here ......

I'm glad our elected officials are focusing on the important shit....

/sarcasm

Useless tools running our country
The marijuana industry, like the gaming industry, is not only a job creator but a revenue machine. It's important if you want jobs, a regulated drug trade, increased tax revenue for states and municipalities and a decrease in our prison population.

Frankly, I don't see a down side.
Yeah, it's not that important. We have TONS of issues that are in need of attention and pot is at the bottom of that list, if it's even on the list.
Most Americans don't care if your nasty habit is legal or not.

"Nasty habit"?

First, it's not addictive.
Second, do you know any handicapped veterans or others who lived with uncontrollable pain?
This'd, why do you believe we can't address more than one issue at a time?

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

I'm glad our elected officials are focusing on the important shit....

/sarcasm

Useless tools running our country
The marijuana industry, like the gaming industry, is not only a job creator but a revenue machine. It's important if you want jobs, a regulated drug trade, increased tax revenue for states and municipalities and a decrease in our prison population.

Frankly, I don't see a down side.
Yeah, it's not that important. We have TONS of issues that are in need of attention and pot is at the bottom of that list, if it's even on the list.
Most Americans don't care if your nasty habit is legal or not.

"Nasty habit"?

First, it's not addictive.
Second, do you know any handicapped veterans or others who lived with uncontrollable pain?
This'd, why do you believe we can't address more than one issue at a time?

Psychology addictive. That said, we need to allow it as a pain controller, it is not as addictive as opioids and far less dangerous.

Important stuff!

If you live with pain and certain chronic illnesses then yes, this is very important stuff.

As with everything, the right is terrified of moving past the 19th century.

Oh damn! My bad. There are no other drugs on earth capable of relieving pain? I apologize!

Opioids are much more dangerous and addictive than marijuana. Opiate addicts are at an epidemic levels in this country. I don't think smoking marijuana is very smart, other ways to consume it. For pain relief, it is supposed to work well.

Important stuff!

If you live with pain and certain chronic illnesses then yes, this is very important stuff.

Oh damn! My bad. There are no other drugs on earth capable of relieving pain? I apologize!

Opioids are much more dangerous and addictive than marijuana. Opiate addicts are at an epidemic levels in this country. I don't think smoking marijuana is very smart, other ways to consume it. For pain relief, it is supposed to work well.
MJ comes in pill form. It is called Marinol. Been around for decades!

Important stuff!

I didn't know, I don't use marijuana. I just read a bunch of materials and studies. It's like all plants, there are good qualities in them. The issue is people abuse it.

Would you expect Cory Booker, a black guy to be a drug pusher? Really. Doesn't it just fall into place?

Booker better start legalizing prostitution before the sex bots take over. Then he can be a pimp as well as a drug dealer.

Important stuff!

some feel it doesnt work as well as the real stuff.....
Marinol vs Marijuana: What’s the Difference?

Do they work for pain?

Prescription dronabinol has been studied for postoperative and neuropathic pain and was not found to be any better than placebo. For chronic non-cancer pain, it has been found to be only slightly better than placebo. There have been fewer studies of marijuana than cannabinoid pharmaceuticals, perhaps in part due to regulatory restrictions, but marijuana has better results for pain in the few studies that have been done. In all of these studies, smoked marijuana was found to be better than placebo in relieving pain. Another study examined the effects of marijuana that was vaporized (not smoked) and found that it too was better than placebo at relieving neuropathic/nerve pain.

A good friend of mine took Marinol for the nausea of chemotherapy. It didn't help at all. It did nothing. Her doctor suggested that she try marijuana just to see if it worked. Against her better judgment she did, it turned her nausea into full on Exorcist style explosive vomiting. So she just put up the nausea. She's okay now.

Forum List

Back