Senate’s tea-party caucus will have a new member next year

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
- Frost

Ted Cruz: The GOP's answer to Elizabeth Warren - The Insiders - The Washington Post

Republicans have Cruz, and Democrats have Elizabeth Warren, the Democrat opponent to the able Scott Brown in Massachusetts. Brown's victory started the wave that will elect Cruz. The comparison between Cruz and Warren is irresistible. She is the 2012 poster child for everything the Democrats want to be. Both she and Cruz have Harvard connections, but the similarities end there. If elected, Warren would instantly step into Barack Obama's old shoes as the most liberal member of the Senate, while Cruz is an unapologetic, committed economic and social conservative. Both candidates will be making headlines from now until November.

Two roads indeed.

Sure I'll take the bet.

Here's the stakes if you're serious:

If Governor Romney wins, I change my sig line to "All hail President Romney, your President, my President, our President" and leave it there until 12/31/13.

If President Obama wins, you change your sig line to "All hail President Obama, your President, my President, our President" and leave it there only until 1/1/13

Font size =3, blue font face in bold. Arial font.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
- Frost

Ted Cruz: The GOP's answer to Elizabeth Warren - The Insiders - The Washington Post

Republicans have Cruz, and Democrats have Elizabeth Warren, the Democrat opponent to the able Scott Brown in Massachusetts. Brown's victory started the wave that will elect Cruz. The comparison between Cruz and Warren is irresistible. She is the 2012 poster child for everything the Democrats want to be. Both she and Cruz have Harvard connections, but the similarities end there. If elected, Warren would instantly step into Barack Obama's old shoes as the most liberal member of the Senate, while Cruz is an unapologetic, committed economic and social conservative. Both candidates will be making headlines from now until November.

Two roads indeed.

Don't expect too many headlines out of Cruz. If he doesn't get 85 percent of the vote, it will be an upset. Texas is a wholly owned subsidiary of the GOP.

Forum List

Back