Senate Judiciary Committee: No hearings on SC nominee

Ok...when, under Democrat rule, did the Senate publically announce they were not going to have ANY hearing for a Judicial nominee...even before any nominees were presented for their inspection?
Sweetheart, did you read my previous posts when I said it was stupid to come out rattling sabers?
So...you've got nothing there. Ok.

But of course I do. I said it was stupid, I said it was for the reason in trying to regain the people's trust. Gosh honey what else constitutes "nothing there?"

This is fucking stupid. Why are they giving lipservice this way? I guess they want to regain the people's trust. They should have just said. OK... the president does his duty to nominate and we will do our duty to get the process going while they wouldn't do shit. Same result, less controversy.

The Republican Party is now a party of reactionary dumb fucks.

"now"?

But of course I do. I said it was stupid, I said it was for the reason in trying to regain the people's trust. Gosh honey what else constitutes "nothing there?"
so...you did NOT say this?
It happened before while the Senate was under Democrat rule.
Just gotta love you! Of course I said that. It is a fact. I did not say the Dems came out screaming they wouldn't approve a nominee but they did block nominations in some way. That's what I meant but you know that....

the old double standard, Uncle Joe, says...........,

Speaking on the Senate floor in 1992, Biden said:
“It would be our pragmatic conclusion that once the political season is underway — and it is — action on a Supreme Court nomination must be put off until after the election campaign is over,” Biden, then a Delaware senator, said in June of 1992. “That is what is fair to the nominee and essential to the process.”

“It is my view that if a Supreme Court justice resigns tomorrow, or within the next several weeks, or resigns at the end of the summer, President Bush should consider following the practice of a majority of his predecessors and not — and not — name a nominee until after the November election is completed.”

Read more: In 1992, Joe Biden Was Against Supreme Court Nomination During ‘Full Throes Of An Election Year’

so why don't you liberfools want to take and follow Uncle Joe's advice ? :up:

There is no need to parse words with the Democrats on this one............

They can pound sand..............end of story.........they would do the same and have said so in the past............

Let their demands eat static.

Need to make sure with a high degree of certainty that the nominee recognizes that we are, supposed to be , free people, and have an absolute right to bear arms.

At least you have the decency to even consider looking at a nominee.

At least Obama should have the decency to make sure with a high degree of certainty that the nominee recognizes that we are, supposed to be , free people, and have an absolute right to bear arms.

I am certain that if Obama nominates someone worth a damn that Congress will consider the nominee.

Need to make sure with a high degree of certainty that the nominee recognizes that we are, supposed to be , free people, and have an absolute right to bear arms.

You should consider spending more time worrying about keeping up payments on your bonds over there....

Yo slim, I'm not a government official . But since I know they like to screw up I Need to make sure with a high degree of certainty that the nominee recognizes that we are, supposed to be , free people, and have an absolute right to bear arms.

Forum List

Back