Senate Dem's in BIG Trouble

I know. You are a USMB nutter. You want fewer voters. I know.

If by nutter you mean someone that hopes that the ignorant people choose to leave voting to the informed, you are right. More voters would be fine if the voters become educated about the issues, the candidates, and perhaps history and civics.

I get it. You don't think your fellow Americans are qualified to vote. In your brain, someone who doesn't think like you is uninformed.

We could have a long discussion about the reasons why turnout is low. The result would be that you'd deny culpability on behalf of the GOP. I know this without going through the process.

Still.....you cannot deny that one party is keenly interested in keeping turnout low and one isn't. Own it.

Actually, I think you are qualified to vote, and we definitely don't see eye to eye on politics. Did you view the youtube video that I posted? It shows several examples of people that I would be happy about not voting.

If by nutter you mean someone that hopes that the ignorant people choose to leave voting to the informed, you are right. More voters would be fine if the voters become educated about the issues, the candidates, and perhaps history and civics.

I get it. You don't think your fellow Americans are qualified to vote. In your brain, someone who doesn't think like you is uninformed.

We could have a long discussion about the reasons why turnout is low. The result would be that you'd deny culpability on behalf of the GOP. I know this without going through the process.

Still.....you cannot deny that one party is keenly interested in keeping turnout low and one isn't. Own it.

Actually, I think you are qualified to vote, and we definitely don't see eye to eye on politics. Did you view the youtube video that I posted? It shows several examples of people that I would be happy about not voting.

Yes,,,,,I've seen it. Man on the street interviews are fun....and funny. They are not representative of the electorate, though. Those videos are edited to omit the answers that are not stupid.

You know that I could post dozens of similar videos taken at POLITICAL RALLIES consisting of people who we know are going to vote, right? These people are paying attention and are motivated to vote.....but they are still fucking clueless.

One party wants more people to be educated and informed......and more people voting while the other does not. Own it.

Fortunately the corrupt states' governments can't gerrymander Senate races.

Yes,,,,,I've seen it. Man on the street interviews are fun....and funny. They are not representative of the electorate, though. Those videos are edited to omit the answers that are not stupid.

You know that I could post dozens of similar videos taken at POLITICAL RALLIES consisting of people who we know are going to vote, right? These people are paying attention and are motivated to vote.....but they are still fucking clueless.

One party wants more people to be educated and informed......and more people voting while the other does not. Own it.

The reality is that both main parties want to win and will be happy with whatever turnout brings that about. If it happens to be a low turnout then so be it, if it happens to be a large turnout, so be it.

By the way, is "Own it" your new catch phrase?

Last edited:
Mainstream GOP upbeat after sweeping tea party | The Salt Lake Tribune

With the crushing of the TPM's influence in the elections, we finally have a chance to take the Senate away from the Dems. That should have happened in 2010, but the TPM wanted to run weirdo candidates, just like they did in 2012.

and maybe the even more rational Democrats will all be voting while half the Rs will be staying home ... blessed are they -

what happened in N Dakota 2012 - "Heidi" Heitkamp, wasn't that a certain win for Republicans ?

Didn't you claim that after the GOP won the house in 2010 that in 2012 they would lose it for the same reason? Perhaps you were one of those that so proudly proclaimed in 2009 that the Dems would hold the Congress forever because of the republicans?

I don't remember seeing anyone anywhere claiming the democrats would take back the House in 2012...

mainly due to gerrymandering, the Rs did real well in planning and executing that bit of political handywork.

the Senate should already have turned over, if it does not in 14 the country will be "saved" from the treachery meant to happen by the planed Depression of 07-09.

You do realize that Democrats when in power in their state legislatures, arrange districts favorably for themselves as well, don't you?

I guess it is too much to ask that a voter be responsible to learn what they are voting on.

One party is keenly interested in weakening our education system and one isn't. Own it.

Weakening? We would prefer the system turned out HS graduates that could read, write and do simple math. Instead we get barely functional idiots that need a year of remedial courses before they can get down to college studies.

They DO know all about gay sex, how the white man stole California from Mexico and Martin Luther King's date of birth, but they know almost nothing of the US Constitution.

I completely agree that Democrats want to dumb down the system. It widens their voter base and creates the dependence they need.

I don't remember seeing anyone anywhere claiming the democrats would take back the House in 2012...

mainly due to gerrymandering, the Rs did real well in planning and executing that bit of political handywork.

the Senate should already have turned over, if it does not in 14 the country will be "saved" from the treachery meant to happen by the planed Depression of 07-09.

You do realize that Democrats when in power in their state legislatures, arrange districts favorably for themselves as well, don't you?
No doubt to equalize and make up for what has been done to them by Conservatives when they were in power.

So, does that mean we'll do the Who thing after its all said and done?

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.................

It is not enough that the Dems lose the Senate, they have to be replaced with the right kind of person who will counter the obscene growth of the government. Otherwise, its just a push.

Gerrymandering is not a new term. It has been around a long time and yes, each party has used it to there advantage pretty much every opportunity. Got anything else you want to whine about?

Gerrymandering is not a new term. It has been around a long time and yes, each party has used it to there advantage pretty much every opportunity. Got anything else you want to whine about?

California and Iowa don't.

So, does that mean we'll do the Who thing after its all said and done?

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.................

It is not enough that the Dems lose the Senate, they have to be replaced with the right kind of person who will counter the obscene growth of the government. Otherwise, its just a push.

No kidding and the mainstream GOP won't, the Tea Farty might, but they are too weak.

No doubt to equalize and make up for what has been done to them by Conservatives when they were in power.

Who had undone what Dems did the last time they held power. Both parties do it, have always done it and WILL always do it. Getting all puffed up like that when Republicans do what Dems do only works if you have control of the information voters receive.
Your lock on education is safe only as long as you can control the curriculum and the purse. Your lock on the media is less secure with the alternatives to broadcast Media giving those who actually care a source of information from a Conservative viewpoint.

If the far right believes the mainstream GOP is committed to 1950s small government policies, then its heart will broken yet again.

Both parties are progressive not limited wackadoodle parties.

Forum List

Back