Senate bill requires illegal immigrants to leave

Kathianne said:
I've read countless cases where the parents were deported, sometimes with the child, sometimes leaving the child with others.

I do agree with you. Time to repeal that amendment. No sense in encouraging that kind of abuse.

I amazed that some state actually go that far to enforce the laws. As far as I know in Utah civil liberty organization usually convince the courts to allow the parents to stay as well.

Markainion said:
I amazed that some state actually go that far to enforce the laws. As far as I know in Utah civil liberty organization usually convince the courts to allow the parents to stay as well.

Let's see, you are for encouraging illegals to give birth in this country to stay and care for the 'new US citizen'? Reason the amendment should be repealed.

Kathianne said:
Let's see, you are for encouraging illegals to give birth in this country to stay and care for the 'new US citizen'? Reason the amendment should be repealed.

Well, It takes a clear majority for a constitutional amendment to be changed. Something that Republicans don't have, and I doubt there is enough support to change it. The question I am wondering is if there is a way to delay the law until the child hits 18, so we at least discourage it at some level. To split up families with the law, just gets liberals motivated and too many people are sensitive to the issue. So courts tend to look the other way, which tend to encourage illegal to have children in the US, and get permanent resident status. Something I strongly disagree with.

Markainion said:
Well, It takes a clear majority for a constitutional amendment to be changed. Something that Republicans don't have, and I doubt there is enough support to change it. The question I am wondering is if there is a way to delay the law until the child hits 18, so we at least discourage it at some level. To split up families with the law, just gets liberals motivated and too many people are sensitive to the issue. So courts tend to look the other way, which tend to encourage illegal to have children in the US, and get permanent resident status. Something I strongly disagree with.

How about they stay in their own countries and if they wish, come here legally? Why should we be encouraging lawbreaking?

Kathianne said:
How about they stay in their own countries and if they wish, come here legally? Why should we be encouraging lawbreaking?
:bow2: :bow2: I wish politician could see thing so clearly.
To bad they don't.

It does frustrate the stuffings out of me that an offspring of people who entered the country illegally is now a citizen of the US. I know that's what the constitution provides, but times have changed. Language needs to be inserted into the amendment which would only confer citizenship to those children whose parents are in the country legally.

But we're stuck between the Democrats and the Republicans. Democrats want to suck all the welfare cases out of Mexico and import them here in order to increase their flagging voter base. Democrats are starting to lose their former monolithic black voter base as more and more black people become financially successful and start questioning where all that tax money is going. So Dems are desperately trying to shore up that voting block by importing welfare cases from Mexico.

Republicans, on the other hand, see the cheap illegal labor pool as a boon to business. So long as corporate America supports and demands access to illegal labor, Republicans could not possibly care less about the American people, who they view as simply another commodity to be bought and sold.

<i>**sneaks in, reinserts Merlybird's stuffing & sneaks out**</i>:D

Could history repeat itself?? :read:

Operation Wetback

In 1949 the Border Patrol seized nearly 280,000 illegal immigrants. By 1953, the numbers had grown to more than 865,000, and the U.S. government felt pressured to do something about the onslaught of immigration. What resulted was Operation Wetback, devised in 1954 under the supervision of new commissioner of the Immigration and Nationalization Service, Gen. Joseph Swing.

Swing oversaw the Border patrol, and organized state and local officials along with the police. The object of his intense border enforcement were "illegal aliens," but common practice of Operation Wetback focused on Mexicans in general. The police swarmed through Mexican American barrios throughout the southeastern states. Some Mexicans, fearful of the potential violence of this militarization, fled back south across the border. In 1954, the agents discovered over 1 million illegal immigrants.

In some cases, illegal immigrants were deported along with their American-born children, who were by law U.S. citizens. The agents used a wide brush in their criteria for interrogating potential aliens. They adopted the practice of stopping "Mexican-looking" citizens on the street and asking for identification. This practice incited and angered many U.S. citizens who were of Mexican American descent. Opponents in both the United States and Mexico complained of "police-state" methods, and Operation Wetback was abandoned.

“Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!” cries she
With silent lips. “Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore –
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me;
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

Get rid of quotas. You show up and we do a basic backround check and chip you. You get up to five years to learn english and test to be a citizen. During your study time, you are on probation and must meet with INS guys on a regular basis. When you are ready, you test. If you pass, you get citizenship, if you fail, you get until the original fiver year mark is up to pass. Honestly. If you aint a criminal, and you are willing to be an American....... I am all for anyone coming in.

If you are currently illegal, you get deported. If your brat is a citizen, we will put it up for adoption for you if you don't have legal family. Or, we will DNA type the kid and you can take it home with you.

If you refuse to identify your home country (to prevent that free ride), then your ass goes to prison until you come clean.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
stophillary said:
Could history repeat itself?? :read:

Operation Wetback

In 1949 the Border Patrol seized nearly 280,000 illegal immigrants. By 1953, the numbers had grown to more than 865,000, and the U.S. government felt pressured to do something about the onslaught of immigration. What resulted was Operation Wetback, devised in 1954 under the supervision of new commissioner of the Immigration and Nationalization Service, Gen. Joseph Swing.

Swing oversaw the Border patrol, and organized state and local officials along with the police. The object of his intense border enforcement were "illegal aliens," but common practice of Operation Wetback focused on Mexicans in general. The police swarmed through Mexican American barrios throughout the southeastern states. Some Mexicans, fearful of the potential violence of this militarization, fled back south across the border. In 1954, the agents discovered over 1 million illegal immigrants.

In some cases, illegal immigrants were deported along with their American-born children, who were by law U.S. citizens. The agents used a wide brush in their criteria for interrogating potential aliens. They adopted the practice of stopping "Mexican-looking" citizens on the street and asking for identification. This practice incited and angered many U.S. citizens who were of Mexican American descent. Opponents in both the United States and Mexico complained of "police-state" methods, and Operation Wetback was abandoned.

Would hope so. With that said, think there should be a reasonable number of immigrants from North and South America-but should be set so that the illegals stop coming. Do away with 'born in US'.

-Cp said:
WASHINGTON A bill introduced today in the U-S Senate would give illegal immigrants up to five years to leave -- before they could return and be in a guest worker program.

The sponsors are Senators Jon Kyl of Arizona and John Cornyn of Texas.

The bill faces a July 26th hearing before the Judiciary Committee.

The plan would allow immigrant workers to enter the U-S for two years, followed by a one year break. They could repeat that pattern two more times.

The legislation also increases penalties for employers of undocumented workers and authorizes ten-thousand new agents over five years to investigate employers hiring illegal workers

Immigrants who leave the country within one year would not be fined when applying for re-entry. Those who wait longer to leave would be fined two-thousand dollars for each additional year.

http://www.kpho.com/Global/story.asp?S=3613311&nav=23KuUniS

What's THIS? A freakin' Band Aid? Just another toothless law. It's ALREADY illegal for them to be here ......

pegwinn said:
Get rid of quotas. You show up and we do a basic backround check and chip you. You get up to five years to learn english and test to be a citizen. During your study time, you are on probation and must meet with INS guys on a regular basis. When you are ready, you test. If you pass, you get citizenship, if you fail, you get until the original fiver year mark is up to pass. Honestly. If you aint a criminal, and you are willing to be an American....... I am all for anyone coming in.

If you are currently illegal, you get deported. If your brat is a citizen, we will put it up for adoption for you if you don't have legal family. Or, we will DNA type the kid and you can take it home with you.

If you refuse to identify your home country (to prevent that free ride), then your ass goes to prison until you come clean.

Damn... I like that Peg. Simple, and covers all the bases.

Forum List

Back