Senate Bill Requires Gay History In School Curriculum

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest

This FAIR Education Act Bill (SB 48) passed today by a wide margin, 23 to 14. Authored by Senator Mark Leno (D-San Francisco) the Bill will require public school to include gay history in their curriculum. By altering the school’s textbooks, the Bill aims at educating students about diverse people and lifestyles with the ultimate goal of lowering the likelihood of bullying.

Senate Bill Requires Gay History In School Curriculum - News Story - KRCR Redding

CaféAuLait;3534280 said:

This FAIR Education Act Bill (SB 48) passed today by a wide margin, 23 to 14. Authored by Senator Mark Leno (D-San Francisco) the Bill will require public school to include gay history in their curriculum. By altering the school’s textbooks, the Bill aims at educating students about diverse people and lifestyles with the ultimate goal of lowering the likelihood of bullying.

Senate Bill Requires Gay History In School Curriculum - News Story - KRCR Redding

Bad idea. Like it or not, the truth is that sometimes history is sad.

Why not just require all male students to take it up the ass so they can understand the joys of homosex?

I agree!! This is terrible. The worst possible thing we can do about historically oppressed and marginalized minorities is to remember the bigotry and discrimination that the majority has imposed on them in the past. That's why I have always avoided such drivel like "Roots." I don't like feeling sad. I think America is a great country and has always been great and all things in my idealized image of American history, full of strong white males and their wives in houses with white picket fences and two beautiful blonde children, entirely precludes any wrongdoing by any of my great compatriots who adhere to this idealized standard.

Fuck those homos!! It makes me sick to even acknowledge that they exist!!!!! =( Arggh!! America!! Fuck YEAH!!

Picture%2010-36.jpg

Why not just require all male students to take it up the ass so they can understand the joys of homosex?
Seeing-as-how you're (obviously) convinced of that....maybe you should go-ahead and offer your "services"....as-long-as you're not going to insist upon Elementary-participation, as well.​

lets see,faggots are self destructive-end of story.
Aw, c'mon.....Eric Cantor is a mere "rookie" at being House Majority Leader. His battles, with John Boner, shouldn't be considered suicide-missions.

Eric's just tryin' to prove (to Teabaggers) he really is one-o'-the-boys!!!

alg_eric-cantor_john-boehner.jpg

Chapter 1: Abel dropped the soap........
Hey.....c'mon.....you're risking invading Family Values territory!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFkeKKszXTw]YouTube - Betty Bowers Explains Traditional Marriage to Everyone Else[/ame]​

hmm....legislating what we teach.

hmmmmm.

I guess I could go both ways (no pun intended) on the issue.

For one, I believe we need a high standard of learning for the Country, but.....it feels weird that Washington would decide what we learn.

I agree!! This is terrible. The worst possible thing we can do about historically oppressed and marginalized minorities is to remember the bigotry and discrimination that the majority has imposed on them in the past. That's why I have always avoided such drivel like "Roots." I don't like feeling sad. I think America is a great country and has always been great and all things in my idealized image of American history, full of strong white males and their wives in houses with white picket fences and two beautiful blonde children, entirely precludes any wrongdoing by any of my great compatriots who adhere to this idealized standard.
Absolutely....as-well-as...

Forum List

Back