Senate Bill Requires Gay History In School Curriculum

Picture%2010-36.jpg

devolutionnew.jpg

hmm....legislating what we teach.

hmmmmm.

I guess I could go both ways (no pun intended) on the issue.

For one, I believe we need a high standard of learning for the Country, but.....it feels weird that Washington would decide what we learn.

Washington is not deciding what we learn.

The OP is about the California State Senate:

The State Senate passed the Fair, Accurate, Inclusive and Respectful (FAIR) Education Act that will change California’s Education Code to include contributions from the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people.

Another reason to move to Oregon, Colorado, or Texas if you're still in CA.

hmmmmm.

For one, I believe we need a high standard of learning for the Country, but.....it feels weird that Washington would decide what we learn.
Hell....Washington should be the FIRST place we'd insist-upon participants having a thorough, balanced, legitimate education....which would pretty-much require nationally-recognized Educational-Standards (just like the business-world does).

You only need consider the Worst Case Scenario.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBzYSUI5_GM]YouTube - Bill Maher on elites[/ame]​

So basically just another topic modern high school kids are going to memorize for the exam, and then promptly forget 5 mintues later.

So basically just another topic modern high school kids are going to memorize for the exam, and then promptly forget 5 mintues later.

No, its another topic that they'll remember instead of adding fractions or conjugating verbs like "to be."

We might not be able to drill oil in the USA, but by golly we'll respect deviant rug munchers.

hmmmmm.

The State Senate passed the Fair, Accurate, Inclusive and Respectful (FAIR) Education Act that will change California’s Education Code to include contributions from the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people.

Oregon? :lol:

Colorado? mehh, okay.

Texas? No spanks.

hmmmmm.

The OP is about the California State Senate.....
....As-opposed-to the Liberty U/Teabagger approval-standards.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx3XmlR7XKA]YouTube - Intelligent Design? Watch it get schooled.[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
lmao...........will never happen in my school district................

FTMFW..........the folks would pull the kids out of the school down first citing a curriculum thats too.......well.........gay.!!! :fu: Accordingly........couldnt give a rats ass about this area. Probably close to 280 million Americans would agree with me too!!!

Last edited:
OK...right now...can someone name ONE thing in "history" that is "gay"?

They're obviously talking about teaching about the gay rights movement in the same way that they may teach about the black rights movement or the womens rights movement.

I would like to ask the OP why he has a problem with this.

hmmmmm.

Colorado? mehh, okay.

Texas? No spanks.

Moving Out Of California - A state in the rearview mirror - Los Angeles Times

During the last fiscal year, 135,173 more people moved out of California than moved in from other states. Though just a drop in the bucket for a state of 38 million people, the trend remains significant because such declines usually occur when working Californians decide better opportunities lie elsewhere.

"I just gave up," said Grace Bryant, a former Glendora resident who fled to Texas after 18 months without consistent employment as a residential appraiser. "California is too much of a struggle."

Like Bryant, many of those who left California went to Texas, according to truck rental company U-Haul International Inc.; other popular states were Nevada, Arizona and Washington

The article was written back in 2008. I'm in CO and can only speak from personal experience: There SEEMS to be too many Californians living here.

I've also heard of Idaho being over-run with fruits and nuts.

Colorado? mehh, okay.

Texas? No spanks.

During the last fiscal year, 135,173 more people moved out of California than moved in from other states. Though just a drop in the bucket for a state of 38 million people, the trend remains significant because such declines usually occur when working Californians decide better opportunities lie elsewhere.

"I just gave up," said Grace Bryant, a former Glendora resident who fled to Texas after 18 months without consistent employment as a residential appraiser. "California is too much of a struggle."

Like Bryant, many of those who left California went to Texas, according to truck rental company U-Haul International Inc.; other popular states were Nevada, Arizona and Washington

The article was written back in 2008. I'm in CO and can only speak from personal experience: There SEEMS to be too many Californians living here.

How many, of that tiny, tiny number, lived there temporarily for temp jobs (which Cally is full of), Schooling, looking to make it in Hollywood / Writing and/or art........................Just...one would wonder.

They're obviously talking about teaching about the gay rights movement in the same way that they may teach about the black rights movement or the womens rights movement.

It more-than-likely has a negative-impact on more-traditional standards....

klan.jpg

It more-than-likely has a negative-impact on more-traditional standards....​

Can you please expand upon that point because I'm not sure that I understand what you are saying. Thanks.​

Colorado? mehh, okay.

Texas? No spanks.

Please!!!!!

The Californians started moving-into Colorado (in droves), back in the late-'80s/early-'90s....grabbing at all the foreclosed-properties from Daddy Bush's economic-debacle!!!!

I lived in Boulder County (from '75 to '96) and watched the whole thing develop!!!

Your personal-experience is somewhat limited, to say the least....obviously!

Forum List

Back