Senate Approves Stimulous Bill!!!!

We won! Obama is not a failure!!!! You guys were ready to call it 2 weeks into his presidency? HA!!! fucking losers!!!

yeah you won the right spend us right into Bankruptsy

you jack ass.

Mark my words if this bill passes as is, in 7 to 10 months we will see a massive spike in Inflation, and shrinking GDP.

I find this situation so funny it hurts. Bobo, the guy who has been screaming about Bush spending us into Ruin for years. Is cheer leading for Massively irresponsible deficit spending disguised as a stimulus package.

Your Ignorance knows no bounds Bobo. Obama, Pelosi, and Reid will spend us into ruin. US currency will collapse before this is over.

Thanks for proving to us all just how full of shit you are. You never cared about Deficit spending, you only cared that it was not your party doing it.

So many lies Bobo.

The Dems are spending at a rate 2 to 3 times as fast as Bush did, and you think it is just great.

What a FOOL!!!!!

Listen. All joking aside. Put politics aside. I'm scared shitless of what has and might happen. No I don't like the government spending this kind of money. But they say it is necessary.

I KNEW Bush was full of shit when he asked for the $700bill. I'm :eusa_pray:ing that Obama is not. I don't know if it will work, and I don't know for sure that "the man" doesn't already OWN Obama, just like he owned Bush and the GOP the last 8 years. I'm :eusa_pray:'ing that they don't.

We need jobs to come back home. If they don't, then this stimulous is only delaying the inevidable.

And we need to take away some of the power the bankers seem to have over our economy.

Agreed?

So if that means regulating them better, I hope they do it.

If we have to tariff or take away tax breaks to get companies to come back home do it.

And I don't know if the Dems can or will do either. I know the GOP wouldn't. And I suspect you know that is true too.

I also get the feeling that the GOP and/or corporations don't care about Americans. This is a global economy, and to them, workers in America don't mean any more to them than workers in Argentina or Singapore. Right? Why should they? Corporations are not human beings. They only care about profits.

So I :eusa_pray: that our government cares to protect our way of life.

Most of you GOP defenders argue for lowering our wages, oursourcing, hiring illegals, laying people off, ceo's making $40 billion even when their companies are losing money and laying people off, etc.

I just don't get why you guys value Corporations more than Americans.

But as far as liking the spending the dems are doing, I do not. But I hope that it works. I know doing nothing is not an option. I know tax cuts to the rich is not wise. And I suspect what really needs to be done will not be done. And that's end the Federal Reserve plus bring American jobs back home.

Listen. All joking aside. Put politics aside. I'm scared shitless of what has and might happen. No I don't like the government spending this kind of money. But they say it is necessary.

I KNEW Bush was full of shit when he asked for the $700bill. I'm :eusa_pray:ing that Obama is not. I don't know if it will work, and I don't know for sure that "the man" doesn't already OWN Obama, just like he owned Bush and the GOP the last 8 years. I'm :eusa_pray:'ing that they don't.

We need jobs to come back home. If they don't, then this stimulous is only delaying the inevidable.

And we need to take away some of the power the bankers seem to have over our economy.

Agreed?

If we have to tariff or take away tax breaks to get companies to come back home do it.

And I don't know if the Dems can or will do either. I know the GOP wouldn't. And I suspect you know that is true too.

I also get the feeling that the GOP and/or corporations don't care about Americans. This is a global economy, and to them, workers in America don't mean any more to them than workers in Argentina or Singapore. Right? Why should they? Corporations are not human beings. They only care about profits.

Fill in 'government' for 'GOP' and I agree with this very much. Sad, isn't it?

Most of you GOP defenders argue for lowering our wages, oursourcing, hiring illegals, laying people off, ceo's making $40 billion even when their companies are losing money and laying people off, etc.

Don't know about anyone else, but I don't support any of that. Especially the CEO's raking it in when the company is failing. What should be allowed to happen in this situation? The company needs to fail, period. The government has zero business coming in and propping up a failing business (think auto makers). The company needs to put out a proudct that buyers will buy, not have buyers purchase a product that doesn't meet their needs. If said corporation won't provide the correct product, buyers go elsewhere. Letting these companies fail is like a forest fire; lots of loss and destruction in the process but what will grow out of the destruction will be better, stronger, more vital and what buyers want.

But as far as liking the spending the dems are doing, I do not. But I hope that it works. I know doing nothing is not an option.

lol doing nothing is always an option.

I know tax cut to the rich is not wise. And I suspect what really needs to be done will not be done. And that's end the Federal Reserve plus bring American jobs back home.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Jon
sealy, your partisanship is blinding you. Stop thinking that red = bad, blue = good. All politicians talk the same talk, and guess what, they all walk the same walk. You were duped. You have four years to live with it.

This stimulus is not going to fix anything. The money is going to ALL the wrong places. Doing nothing IS better than doing this. The economy is a cycle, and eventually it WILL fix itself. You're being told that we'll all suffer if this bill isn't passed, and you're buying it. How is that any different than Bush telling people we would be attacked again if we didn't invade Iraq? Using fear to sell your politics is not a Republican thing, it's universal. Here's the best example of that, but you don't see it...the wolf is dressed too nicely for you to see it for what it really si.

Agreed?

Fill in 'government' for 'GOP' and I agree with this very much. Sad, isn't it?

Don't know about anyone else, but I don't support any of that. Especially the CEO's raking it in when the company is failing. What should be allowed to happen in this situation? The company needs to fail, period. The government has zero business coming in and propping up a failing business (think auto makers). The company needs to put out a proudct that buyers will buy, not have buyers purchase a product that doesn't meet their needs. If said corporation won't provide the correct product, buyers go elsewhere. Letting these companies fail is like a forest fire; lots of loss and destruction in the process but what will grow out of the destruction will be better, stronger, more vital and what buyers want.

But as far as liking the spending the dems are doing, I do not. But I hope that it works. I know doing nothing is not an option.

lol doing nothing is always an option.

I know tax cut to the rich is not wise. And I suspect what really needs to be done will not be done. And that's end the Federal Reserve plus bring American jobs back home.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

The more you learn about the GOP, the more you understand that they are evil/anti middle class/poor.

If you study history, you learn things like Lincoln was forced to give in to the Robber Baron's demands in order to win the civil war.

Our founding fathers warned us about corporations buying the politicians, and that is exactly what they have done.

Now have they also bought the Dems? Sure. But not to the extent that the GOP works for Corporations and against the middle class. Just look at their agenda. Like I said, pro sending jobs overseas, etc. You may not like Unions, but lets say unions were great. Who's more anti union/labor, Dems or Reps? Exactly.

And the GOP was getting away with being anti labor. That's because they mastered the wedge issues. People who vote because of abortion are voting against their own financial interests.

Just listen to the GOP'ers on this site. Americans are lazy, defending hiring illegals, defending sending jobs overseas, anti minimum wage, pro nafta, etc. They defended everything the GOP did that hurt labor.

Now again, Dems will cater to Corporations too, just not as bad. And that's not because they are angels. They won't because if they do, they'll get voted out of office. And the Dems sometimes take the middle class vote for granted.

Just look at FDR and the New Deal. That built a strong middle class. Since then, the GOP have done everything they could to tear it down. Nixon, Reagan, Bush, Bush.

But then you'll say Clinton signed NAFTA. True. That's because corporations/robber barons own our dems too.

Seems like the only ones that they don't own are Dennis Kuchenich and Ron Paul. And when Ron Paul got too popular, they shut him down. Made him irrelivent.

So anyways, the GOP were hell bent on PROVING that government doesn't work. They did a very nice job, huh?

And things change. One day it might be that the Dems are more corrupt than the GOP. Maybe the new GOP'ers that run will be good people. And maybe Pelosi & Reed will become corrupt. It happened in the 80's.

But we also KNOW that the Bush/Tom Delay GOP from 2000-2006 were corrupt. (think Abramoff).

But then Republicans will tell you that Democrats took money from Abramoff too. That is true, but come on!

Anyways, it is probably a good thing that most of you don't trust the leadership in Washington. Just like it wasn't a good thing that Republicans defended EVERYTHING the GOP did for the last 8 years.

I'm just hopeful that this administration and Congress isn't as anti American worker as the last one was.

And I know why the Dems didn't get anything done in the last 2 years. The Grand Obstructionist Party. Now the Dems have almost no excuses.

So you can tell me why you think the Dems suck, but I laugh at anyone who thinks the GOP did a good job.

PS. You seem like a decent person who will argue with me, but you won't be as one sided and stubborn as some of the other people I argue with. I look forward to reading more from you. You seem to have a good grasp of right and wrong.

sealy, your partisanship is blinding you. Stop thinking that red = bad, blue = good. All politicians talk the same talk, and guess what, they all walk the same walk. You were duped. You have four years to live with it.

This stimulus is not going to fix anything. The money is going to ALL the wrong places. Doing nothing IS better than doing this. The economy is a cycle, and eventually it WILL fix itself. You're being told that we'll all suffer if this bill isn't passed, and you're buying it. How is that any different than Bush telling people we would be attacked again if we didn't invade Iraq? Using fear to sell your politics is not a Republican thing, it's universal. Here's the best example of that, but you don't see it...the wolf is dressed too nicely for you to see it for what it really si.

If you end up being right, I'll agree with you. But one things is for sure. If you give middle class people $, it won't disappear like Bush's tax breaks have. The rich people he gave tax breaks too just horded the money, and that hasn't helped our economy. If you give us the money, it will get spent. And that will stimulate the economy.

And my hope is that this stimulus bill will buy the Dems time to right the wrongs that the GOP did to our economy. I could be wrong. We shall see. Bring jobs home!!!

But this is not a typical recession. We have been telling you this for years. We told you sending jobs overseas by the thousands was going to cause this mess. And we told you trickle down doesn't work. The GOP went hog wild on giving rich people tax breaks DURING A WAR that was unnecessary. We warned you that they were purposely bankrupting the treasury so they could do away with social programs, and you called us conspiracy theorists. If you can't fathom the possibility that the GOP did all this on purpose, then maybe it is you who is blind? Because didn't the rich double their wealth under Bush? Coincidence? :eusa_liar:Happenstance? :cuckoo:

And it was GOP policies that led us to this. Now yes, you can look back to the 90's and see that Clinton went along with a lot of the bullshit I'm talking about. He was a centrist. Partly why I didn't vote for Hillary. Now Obama is starting to look like one too. I hope not, but we shall see.

One thing is for sure, if the GOP were in power, for sure we would be doomed. You and I might be ok, but the lower middle class would be FUCKED! And I believe we would be next. Assuming you are college educated and make over $50K at least. But they put us in this mess. On purpose too. Between 2000-2006. Saying it was the Pelosi/Reed/Freddy Fanny Mack Congress is a lie. And that shows your partisanship.

But that doesn't mean I'm arguing with you. I don't think the Dems are pure either. But right now I have faith they care more about America than the GOP does. The GOP are going global. They don't care about unions, American wages, etc. All they care about is profits.

And they don't all talk the same talk. The GOP says more tax breaks to the rich and the Dems want to try something new. If they are all the same, why didn't any house GOP members vote yes on the first bill?

And I can go look up what the economists are saying about what needs to be done.

But I couldn't fact check Bush's lies about WMD's. We had to take his word and his word alone for it.

But I get what you are saying. I hope you are wrong.

Lets see if the money just goes and disappears like the $350 billion we gave Bush/Paulson. OR, will the next money go to homeowners and actually get credit flowing again.

Well sealy, since you can look up what economists are saying needs done I suggest you start with:

Ludwig von Mises Institute - Homepage

The Cato Institute

I cried and yelled about bridges to knowhere and you guys didn't listen.

Am I going to agree with every pet project/earmark/pork that gets attached? Probably not.

Are their any bridges to knowhere in the bill?

Do I wish I had the power to get rid of some of the projects? Sure. I'd probably agree with you on which ones should be scrapped too. Well, maybe not completely agree, but I'm sure the most rediculous one's we would agree on.

And I'm also sure that a lot of these pet projects will be scrapped before the final bill is sent to Obama.

I'm just a bill.
Yes, I'm only a bill.
And I'm sitting here on Capitol Hill.
Well, it's a long, long journey
To the capital city.
It's a long, long wait
While I'm sitting in committee,
But I know I'll be a law someday
At least I hope and pray that I will,
But today I am still just a bill.

Boy: Gee, Bill, you certainly have a lot of patience and courage.

Bill: Well I got this far. When I started, I wasn't even a bill, I was just an idea. Some folks back home decided they wanted a law passed, so they called their local Congressman and he said, "You're right, there oughta be a law." Then he sat down and wrote me out and introduced me to Congress. And I became a bill, and I'll remain a bill until they decide to make me a law.

I'm just a bill
Yes I'm only a bill,
And I got as far as Capitol Hill.
Well, now I'm stuck in committee
And I'll sit here and wait
While a few key Congressmen discuss and debate
Whether they should let me be a law.
How I hope and pray that they will,

Boy: Listen to those congressmen arguing! Is all that discussion and debate about you?

Bill: Yeah, I'm one of the lucky ones. Most bills never even get this far. I hope they decide to report on me favourably, otherwise I may die.

Boy: Die?

Bill: Yeah, die in committee. Oooh, but it looks like I'm gonna live! Now I go to the House of Representatives, and they vote on me.

Boy: If they vote yes, what happens?

Bill: Then I go to the Senate and the whole thing starts all over again.

Boy: Oh no!

Bill: Oh yes!

I'm just a bill
Yes, I'm only a bill
And if they vote for me on Capitol Hill
Well, then I'm off to the White House
Where I'll wait in a line
With a lot of other bills
For the president to sign
And if he signs me, then I'll be a law.
How I hope and pray that he will,

Boy: You mean even if the whole Congress says you should be a law, the president can still say no?

Bill: Yes, that's called a veto. If the President vetoes me, I have to go back to Congress and they vote on me again, and by that time you're so old...

Boy: By that time it's very unlikely that you'll become a law. It's not easy to become a law, is it?

Bill: No!

But how I hope and I pray that I will,

Congressman: He signed you, Bill! Now you're a law!

Bill: Oh yes!!!

The more you learn about the GOP, the more you understand that they are evil/anti middle class/poor.
This might be the single dumbest thing i have seen on USMB, and that says alot when you have people like Shogun and Sunniman posting here.

NOBODY has exploited the poor more then democrats.

NOBODY.

If you actually studied history, you would find Democrats were the party of slavery, of secession, of world meddling, of killing hundreds of thousands of Americans in a civil war and two world wars and a number of pointless interventions that dwarf mental midget Bush's Iraq show, shuch as Korea and Vietnam.

The GoP are prime shit, but the Dems are in a class by themselves as scum.

Last edited:
Well sealy, since you can look up what economists are saying needs done I suggest you start with:

Ludwig von Mises Institute - Homepage

The Cato Institute

I cried and yelled about bridges to knowhere and you guys didn't listen.

Am I going to agree with every pet project/earmark/pork that gets attached? Probably not.

Are their any bridges to knowhere in the bill?

Do I wish I had the power to get rid of some of the projects? Sure. I'd probably agree with you on which ones should be scrapped too. Well, maybe not completely agree, but I'm sure the most rediculous one's we would agree on.

And I'm also sure that a lot of these pet projects will be scrapped before the final bill is sent to Obama.

I'm just a bill.
Yes, I'm only a bill.
And I'm sitting here on Capitol Hill.
Well, it's a long, long journey
To the capital city.
It's a long, long wait
While I'm sitting in committee,
But I know I'll be a law someday
At least I hope and pray that I will,

Boy: Gee, Bill, you certainly have a lot of patience and courage.

Bill: Well I got this far. When I started, I wasn't even a bill, I was just an idea. Some folks back home decided they wanted a law passed, so they called their local Congressman and he said, "You're right, there oughta be a law." Then he sat down and wrote me out and introduced me to Congress. And I became a bill, and I'll remain a bill until they decide to make me a law.

I'm just a bill
Yes I'm only a bill,
And I got as far as Capitol Hill.
Well, now I'm stuck in committee
And I'll sit here and wait
While a few key Congressmen discuss and debate
Whether they should let me be a law.
How I hope and pray that they will,

Boy: Listen to those congressmen arguing! Is all that discussion and debate about you?

Bill: Yeah, I'm one of the lucky ones. Most bills never even get this far. I hope they decide to report on me favourably, otherwise I may die.

Boy: Die?

Bill: Yeah, die in committee. Oooh, but it looks like I'm gonna live! Now I go to the House of Representatives, and they vote on me.

Boy: If they vote yes, what happens?

Bill: Then I go to the Senate and the whole thing starts all over again.

Boy: Oh no!

Bill: Oh yes!

I'm just a bill
Yes, I'm only a bill
And if they vote for me on Capitol Hill
Well, then I'm off to the White House
Where I'll wait in a line
With a lot of other bills
For the president to sign
And if he signs me, then I'll be a law.
How I hope and pray that he will,

Boy: You mean even if the whole Congress says you should be a law, the president can still say no?

Bill: Yes, that's called a veto. If the President vetoes me, I have to go back to Congress and they vote on me again, and by that time you're so old...

Boy: By that time it's very unlikely that you'll become a law. It's not easy to become a law, is it?

Bill: No!

But how I hope and I pray that I will,

Congressman: He signed you, Bill! Now you're a law!

Bill: Oh yes!!!

I don't think we'd agree on what to take out of the "stimulus" because I'd just say get rid of the whole thing.

I'm not sure why you quoted School House Rock to me.

This might be the single dumbest thing i have seen on USMB, and that says alot when you have people like Shogun and Sunniman posting here.

NOBODY.

If you actually studied history, you would find Democrats were the party of slavery, of secession, of world meddling, of killing hundreds of thousands of Americans in a civil war and two world wars and a number of pointless interventions that dwarf mental midget Bush's Iraq show, shuch as Korea and Vietnam.

Actually it was Lincoln that was responsible for the Civil War. The south wanted to peacefully secede.

NOBODY.

That was back then. If you study history, today's GOP isn't the same party that your father belonged to...let alone back in Lincoln's day.

But I don't have the time to explain to you who the Federalists were, so fuck off.

Weren't you ignoring me? Beat it! :eusa_hand:

NOBODY.

That was back then. If you study history, today's GOP isn't the same party that your father belonged to...let alone back in Lincoln's day.

But I don't have the time to explain to you who the Federalists were, so fuck off.

Weren't you ignoring me? Beat it! :eusa_hand:

BoBo, the democrats aren't the same party your father belonged to...either. What's the point????

If you study history, you learn things like Lincoln was forced to give in to the Robber Baron's demands in order to win the civil war.

Our founding fathers warned us about corporations buying the politicians, and that is exactly what they have done.

Now have they also bought the Dems? Sure. But not to the extent that the GOP works for Corporations and against the middle class. Just look at their agenda. Like I said, pro sending jobs overseas, etc. You may not like Unions, but lets say unions were great. Who's more anti union/labor, Dems or Reps? Exactly.

A politician is a politician, no matter what party they belong too. I think the vast majority of all of them are corrupt. Wouldn't it be something if politicians actually put joe taxpayer first? Imagine if they possessed ethics, integrity and morals. I just don't see it in many leaders. Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it. (St. Augustine) Too bad there's not more who are willing to do what's right.

And the GOP was getting away with being anti labor. That's because they mastered the wedge issues. People who vote because of abortion are voting against their own financial interests.

People who vote because of abortion vote for their morals and beliefs, which they put way ahead of their own financial interests.

Just listen to the GOP'ers on this site. Americans are lazy, defending hiring illegals, defending sending jobs overseas, anti minimum wage, pro nafta, etc. They defended everything the GOP did that hurt labor.

Now again, Dems will cater to Corporations too, just not as bad. And that's not because they are angels. They won't because if they do, they'll get voted out of office. And the Dems sometimes take the middle class vote for granted.

Just look at FDR and the New Deal. That built a strong middle class. Since then, the GOP have done everything they could to tear it down. Nixon, Reagan, Bush, Bush.

But then you'll say Clinton signed NAFTA. True. That's because corporations/robber barons own our dems too.

Like I said, they're all corrupt.

Seems like the only ones that they don't own are Dennis Kuchenich and Ron Paul. And when Ron Paul got too popular, they shut him down. Made him irrelivent.

So anyways, the GOP were hell bent on PROVING that government doesn't work. They did a very nice job, huh?

Government can't even run itself the right way; why in the world would anyone want them to take over things like health care and banks?

And things change. One day it might be that the Dems are more corrupt than the GOP. Maybe the new GOP'ers that run will be good people. And maybe Pelosi & Reed will become corrupt. It happened in the 80's.

lol, Sealy they're already there.

But we also KNOW that the Bush/Tom Delay GOP from 2000-2006 were corrupt. (think Abramoff).

But then Republicans will tell you that Democrats took money from Abramoff too. That is true, but come on!

Third times a charm; they're all corrupt.

Anyways, it is probably a good thing that most of you don't trust the leadership in Washington. Just like it wasn't a good thing that Republicans defended EVERYTHING the GOP did for the last 8 years.

I'm just hopeful that this administration and Congress isn't as anti American worker as the last one was.

And I know why the Dems didn't get anything done in the last 2 years. The Grand Obstructionist Party. Now the Dems have almost no excuses.

Well, they do have Specter, Collins and Snowe.

So you can tell me why you think the Dems suck, but I laugh at anyone who thinks the GOP did a good job.

PS. You seem like a decent person who will argue with me, but you won't be as one sided and stubborn as some of the other people I argue with. I look forward to reading more from you. You seem to have a good grasp of right and wrong.

In my experience I've found that, generally speaking, nothing is ever completely one-sided. Like I said before, I don't think this thing will work but it's going to go through regardless. I think it mostly full of pork and wishful thinking. Time will tell.

Last edited:
I like to post stupid shit because I am a moron.

See, I even have an award!!!

1029d1121804285-ass-clown-award-assclown.jpg

yes, we know Bobo.

Sealy, I applaud you for somewhat bringing this thread back to a discussion instead of a shouting match.

I also hope you are right about the Dems, their policies, and what they stand for.

HOWEVER, I'm not holding my breath.

For every failure you attribute to Republicans, I can match you a failure by the Democrats.

For every success you attritbute to Dems, I can match you a success by the Repubs.

I love your optimism and God knows I hope you're right. But I doubt it.

Just remember that both parties are simply different sides of the same coin.

You can cast me as a cynic, a pessimist, or any other term which is apropo, but I seriously doubt the goverment is the solution to this problem.

For the sake of our country, I HOPE I'M WRONG.

Forum List

Back