Senate Approves Resolution Backing Israel in Hamas Conflict

my statements end up justifying Israel's actions to you? wow, you really do have an open mind.
Your statements attempt to justify Israel's actions to anyone that reads them. Claiming success in that endeavor is highly presumptuous.

Last edited:
Your statements attempt to justify Israel's actions to anyone that reads them. Claiming success in that endeavor is highly presumptuous.

Not that he needs my assistance in the least, but it seems to me that you simply have trouble with anyone responding to the perverse idea that Israel isn't supposed to respond to 3,000 missiles fired at it.

Just sayin'

Your statements attempt to justify Israel's actions to anyone that reads them.

I just state the facts. If the facts justify Israel's actions so be it. When Israel is wrong I have no problem saying so without mentioning what the other side has done.

The problem I have with most every supporter of Palestinian actions or with all the Israel bash-ers is their need to mention Israeli actions in every admission of a Palestinian wrong. It's as if...oh wait...the need to justify terrorism....isn't that what IT is all about?

The supporters of the Palestinians have a need to justify terrorism.

thanks for helping me out here.

you rock!
:cool:

I just state the facts. If the facts justify Israel's actions so be it. When Israel is wrong I have no problem saying so without mentioning what the other side has done.

Again, as I stated, claiming success in your efforts to justify is presumptuous.

The problem I have with most every supporter of Palestinian actions or with all the Israel bash-ers is their need to mention Israeli actions in every admission of a Palestinian wrong. It's as if...oh wait...the need to justify terrorism....isn't that what IT is all about?

The supporters of the Palestinians have a need to justify terrorism.

thanks for helping me out here.

you rock!
:cool:

Again, I've said Israel has the right to defend itself against those who have attacked them. Not against those who have not. Your repeated attribution of a position other than that to me does not compel me to adopt said position and behave accordingly.

Fortunately I love irony, because someone continually attributing a position to me I do not maintain, whilst calling me disingenuous repeatedly is the height of irony. As well as saying you're finished conversing with me, only to continue.

Last edited:
Again, as I stated, claiming success in your efforts to justify is presumptuous.
pot calling kettle, are you there?

Again, I've said Israel has the right to defend itself against those who have attacked them. Not against those who have not.

hmmm, I see. Israel is defending itself? Israel is not defending itself against those who have not attacked her. You are saying Israel is defending itself...against those who have not attacked her.

thank you.

case closed.
:clap2:

Your repeated attribution of a position other than that to me does not compel me to adopt said position and behave accordingly.

Fortunately I love irony, because someone continually attributing a position to me I do not maintain, whilst calling me disingenuous repeatedly is the height of irony. As well as saying you're finished conversing with me, only to continue.
blah, blah, blah...it took a while but you plaed your hand.

Israel is defending herself. Keep trying to reframe things in the context of the human shields you so transparently are using to justify terrorism.

you suck more now than I had imagined.

you're a loser with weak arguments and even worse trolling skills.

you've been made. you suck. go strap on a vest

pot calling kettle, are you there?

No, I'm not claiming any success - you are.

hmmm, I see. Israel is defending itself? Israel is not defending itself against those who have not attacked her. You are saying Israel is defending itself...against those who have not attacked her.

thank you.

case closed.

Israel has killed hundreds that did not attack them. This is fact.

blah, blah, blah...it took a while but you plaed your hand.

Israel is defending herself. Keep trying to reframe things in the context of the human shields you so transparently are using to justify terrorism.

you suck more now than I had imagined.

you're a loser with weak arguments and even worse trolling skills.

you've been made. you suck. go strap on a vest

Again, attributing a position to me I don't maintain does not constitute reasoned discussion. I can empathize with your frustration - if I were attempting to redefine "self-defense" as "killing people who didn't attack" in such an Orwellian manner, I'd be looking for substitutes for reasoned discussion, as well as the appearance of a face saving exit.

Congratulations on your self appointment and self inauguration as judge of internet message board argument strength. Your display of skill in this arena leads me to believe that its the culmination of a lot of hard work and dedication.

Last edited:
Again, as I stated, .. Israel has the right to defend itself against those who have attacked them. Not against those who have not.

You agree Israel is defending herelf against those who have attacked her.

It is a fact Israel is not defending herself against those who have not attacked her.

You agree Israel is defending herelf against those who have attacked her.

It is a fact Israel is not defending herself against those who have not attacked her.

The message you quoted said they have a right to do so, not that the current actions constituted self defense.

Almost every moron has sense enough not to poke a hornet's nest. Someone send Hamas a memo!!

:lol:

Almost every moron has sense enough not to poke a hornet's nest. Someone send Hamas a memo!!

:lol:

Indeed. They wonder what they've wrought:

Power Line - Dan Diker: A deterrent restored?

DAN DIKER: A DETERRENT RESTORED?

January 9, 2009 Posted by Scott at 7:39 AM
Dan Diker is a foreign policy analyst with the Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs. He writes from Jerusalem today with an optimistic assessment of Israel's current offensive:

Israel may have reached a deterrent moment in its war in Gaza against Iranian-backed Hamas. I spoke with a senior Arab diplomat last night. He told me that the Arab street is afraid that "the Jews have gone crazy."

Yes, it's true. He noted, "Israel has begun to restore its deterrence" in the Arab world. "Hamas miscalculated," he added. They had thought Israel would not attack, but would merely accede to tougher Hamas demands for an improved "Tahdiya," their version of a temporary calm.

This is perhaps one of the more optimistic assessments I have heard from Arab colleagues recently. There is supporting documentation. Hizbullah's immediate public denial yesterday of the Katusha rocket attack from Southern Lebanon against Israel's North and the reports on Lebanese TV of convoys of Lebanese (read: Hizbullah) vehicles moving north in expectation of a major Israeli reprisal strengthens this sense.

It's also notable that Al Jazeera's reportage yesterday avoided interviewing ordinary Gazans. Arab sources in Gaza confided that the public anger is not directed at Israel any more than it is at Hamas. Al Jazeera, doing a superb job as PR agents for Iran's proxies, likely wanted to avoid risking those types of reactions from the battlefield.

The source also said that Hamas is "doing very bad things" to Fatah activists in Gaza both as revenge against claims that Fatah leadership provided intelligence to Israel, and as a warning to Fatah to avoid the temptation of being convinced by Egypt, the US and the West that they reassert control in Gaza.

Fatah officials in the West Bank are also demoralized. Nasser Juma'a, a Palestinian Legislative Council Member from Nablus told a well known British reporter yesterday that the "Hamas are insects" and noted that the Palestinians would likely not see a Palestinian state in his lifetime." Qadura Fares, a Fatah senior, said that the PA would not succeed either in the West Bank or Gaza without "tackling the privileges of the Fatah elite, who he said "have become like princes."​

Forum List

Back