Sen. Rand Paul: Bring Home Our Troops And Yes, Throw A Parade...

Dschrute3

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2016
It's time to end this Empire-Building perpetual war foreign policy. Start with bringing our troops home from Afghanistan.

Good on Rand Paul. :clap:

A military parade in the nation’s capital? The last military parade in Washington was in 1991, after our victory in the first Iraq War.

Though the martial image of high-stepping soldiers is not one I tend to associate with our nation’s Founders’ distrust of a standing Army, I’m not against a victory celebration. So I propose we declare victory in Afghanistan, bring home our 14,000 troops and hold a victory parade.

We defeated the enemy in Afghanistan. We killed or captured the terrorists who planned, plotted, or aided in the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. We killed the ringleader, Usama bin Laden. We disrupted the terrorists’ camps where they plotted and trained. We dislodged the Taliban government that aided and abetted bin Laden.

We just don’t know how to appreciate a good thing. A big part of our foreign policy failures is not knowing when and how to declare victory. So, why not a parade? Bring the troops home and declare the victory that should have been declared years ago.

The only reason victory is elusive in Afghanistan is that presidents continue to have an impossible definition of victory...

Sen. Rand Paul: Bring home our troops and, yes, throw a parade

This is one of a few issues in which I differ with Rand. Best to have a global presence, it's been a very effective means in which to avoid World Wars.

Cons love perpetual wars . The military angle plays well with the low income rubes who otherwise have no connection with the gop.

Cons love perpetual wars . The military angle plays well with the low income rubes who otherwise have no connection with the gop.

Very narrow-scoped viewpoint. This Empire-Building perpetual war foreign policy has been advanced by both major political parties. For example, Barack Obama bombed more countries than Bush did in the previous 8yrs. It's an agenda supported by both sides.

Very narrow-scoped viewpoint. This Empire-Building perpetual war foreign policy has been advanced by both major political parties. For example, Barack Obama bombed more countries than Bush did in the previous 8yrs. It's an agenda supported by both sides.

I thought obama “destroyed “ the military?

And that country stat is disingenuous. Drone strikes on a terror camp in country X is not the same as full blown war.

And that country stat is disingenuous. Drone strikes on a terror camp in country X is not the same as full blown war.

Again, it's an agenda supported by both major American political parties. I know you wanna see it as solely a 'Con/Republican' agenda, but that's just not the case. You're allowing bitter partisanship to cloud your judgement on this.

Again, it's an agenda supported by both major American political parties. I know you wanna see it as solely a 'Con/Republican' agenda, but that's just not the case. You're allowing bitter partisanship to cloud your judgement on this.

Oh yeah . They both make money off the war machine .

The duopoly loves war. Quit being such a dumbass. Geez

DUDE, in the last 100 years, guess who was started, or increased the most WARS?
Dumbass

Forum List

Back