Sen. Jim Demint will filibuster Obama/Republican Tax/Unemployment Bill

DeMint wants a permanent fix. I agree with him. Two years from now they'll be right back to their bickering and Dog & Pony Shows. DeMint is real Conservative voice of reason. He actually read the Legislation unlike most in Congress. This Deal does add to our Debt significantly. DeMint is right about that. It's not a good or wise compromise. They should kill this thing. This is a good time to have some Bipartisanship. They should work together to kill this.

Deficits declined until Democrats controlled Congress. Unemployement was half of what it is now, and remained level.

are you intentionally lying or is it a compulsive thing?

wapoobamabudget1.jpg

I guess these dumbasses can't read graphs.
Either that or you are dishonestly using a graph that does not include the "off budget" deficit spending and they are smart enough to know it!!!!!
The total deficit for 2008 was $1.43 trillion but your graph shows 1 trillion less!!!! 2005 was nearly $600 billion but your chart shows less than $400 billion. There is $3.5 trillion in deficit spending during the Bush years missing from your DISHONEST chart from the dishonest Heritage foundation.

"The plan would resurrect the Death Tax, grow government, blow a hole in the deficit with unpaid-for spending, and do so without providing the permanent relief and security our economy needs to finally start hiring and growing again."

Two Major Conservative Obstacles Emerge To Tax Cut Compromise | TPMDC

Read the Republican code.

"blow a hole in the deficit with unpaid-for spending" means "no unemployment benefits for millions of Americans".

"permanent relief and security our economy needs" means "Tax breaks for millionaires and billionaires".

See, I'm starting to understand "Republicanese". I actually know what Republicans are talking about.

So much for the lie that Republicans vote in lock-step.

Oh, they vote in "lock step". Jimmy just realized the bill contains money for Americans to have at least a semblance of Christmas. He suddenly realized that there were millions of Americans he could fuck over really, really good. Money for the ultra rich wasn't enough. The other Republicans haven't quite realized the possibilities. The votes not over.

Christmas is not about money, rdean. Christians know this.

Deficits declined until Democrats controlled Congress. Unemployement was half of what it is now, and remained level.

You know you keep repeating that like you have a pull string coming out of your back but you've never uttered a single word that makes any semblance of a case that the Democrats in Congress had anything to do with the recession occurring.

"The plan would resurrect the Death Tax, grow government, blow a hole in the deficit with unpaid-for spending, and do so without providing the permanent relief and security our economy needs to finally start hiring and growing again."

Two Major Conservative Obstacles Emerge To Tax Cut Compromise | TPMDC

Read the Republican code.

"blow a hole in the deficit with unpaid-for spending" means "no unemployment benefits for millions of Americans".

"permanent relief and security our economy needs" means "Tax breaks for millionaires and billionaires".

See, I'm starting to understand "Republicanese". I actually know what Republicans are talking about.

Democrats want to strave all unemployed people. They want to starve the children of all unemployed people.

Obama/Republican Tax/Unemployment Bill

Can't you get anything right?

Obama's main concern is for the millions of Americans who are unemployed. Republicans squat on those Americans, which is sad, since you are one of those Americans your party squats on.

You guys are the ones who would rather play class warfare games than pass these benefits you supposedly want for the people you supposedly care for.

I think getting them off government support would be much better for them than extending it.

Obama/Republican Tax/Unemployment Bill

Can't you get anything right?

Obama's main concern is for the millions of Americans who are unemployed. Republicans squat on those Americans, which is sad, since you are one of those Americans your party squats on.

You guys are the ones who would rather play class warfare games than pass these benefits you supposedly want for the people you supposedly care for.

I think getting them off government support would be much better for them than extending it.

Why is class warfare when the middle class wants something for itself, but not when the rich want something for themselves?

I like DeMint. He puts his money where his mouth is. This might be a great opportunity for our Congress to agree to do nothing. Come back in January with a new Congress and a fresh start. These issues can be addressed then. Just scrap it all and go on Recess. Tax Cuts and Unemployment can be addressed with the new Congress. They don't call em Lame Duck Congresses for nothing.

Forum List

Back