Sen. Ensign: My affair wasn’t ‘legally wrong’

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
FERNLEY, Nev. - Sen. John Ensign told The Associated Press on Wednesday that his affair with a friend's wife was different from former President Bill Clinton's relationship with a White House intern because he didn't lie about it under oath.

"I haven't done anything legally wrong," the Nevada Republican said.

"President Clinton stood right before the American people and he lied to the American people," Ensign said. "You remember that famous day he lied to the American people, plus the fact I thought he suborned perjury. That's why I voted for the articles of impeachment."

(left out parts)

Ensign's attorney has also said that Ensign's parents paid the woman and her family $96,000 after learning about the affair.

'The truth must come out'
Ensign once called on President Bill Clinton to resign after his affair with White House intern Monica Lewinsky erupted in 1998, declaring: "The truth must come out."

Sen. Ensign: My affair wasn’t ‘legally wrong’ - Capitol Hill- msnbc.com

FERNLEY, Nev. - Sen. John Ensign told The Associated Press on Wednesday that his affair with a friend's wife was different from former President Bill Clinton's relationship with a White House intern because he didn't lie about it under oath.

"President Clinton stood right before the American people and he lied to the American people," Ensign said. "You remember that famous day he lied to the American people, plus the fact I thought he suborned perjury. That's why I voted for the articles of impeachment."

(left out parts)

Ensign's attorney has also said that Ensign's parents paid the woman and her family $96,000 after learning about the affair.

Ensign once called on President Bill Clinton to resign after his affair with White House intern Monica Lewinsky erupted in 1998, declaring: "The truth must come out."

I wonder what he would have said early on if asked about it under oath.

He's another great member of "The Family" that lives on C-Street.

Look them up, a very nice bunch.

What the hell? No wonder the Republican party has been losing elections. Doesn't anyone have character anymore?

What the hell? No wonder the Republican party has been losing elections. Doesn't anyone have character anymore?

You know the answer to that.

Thing is didnt the Republicans claim to be morally above Democrates for the last couple of elections. This doesnt sound very moral at all.

I guess that means that the Democrats weren't duped by Clinton, they just have no morals at all to hold him too? Amazing. :lol:

Whether Edward or Ensign, whether Craig or Clinton -- the behavior is despicable.

You know........he may have not done anything illegal under the laws of mankind...............

But.........HaShem (God) told us that He has laws also. They're called the 10 Commandments (a thing the GOP likes to run up the flagpole regularly), and in those laws, it states "thou shalt not commit adultery".

Nope. He broke the laws of God, and since the GOP follows God, Ensign broke the law.

(left out parts)

I wonder if HE knows the meaning of "is"?

What a damn jerk. Hope his wife kicks him to the curb and takes his ass to the cleaners.

He's a "Christian". And he thinks he didn't break any laws?

(left out parts)

I wonder if HE knows the meaning of "is"?

What a damn jerk. Hope his wife kicks him to the curb and takes his ass to the cleaners.

Wow, a left and right butt kick. Nicely done.

Forum List

Back