semba the nibbler

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
okay fans of the aussie shepard.....what is with this nibbling...he nibbles the cats heads..they enjoy it till he lands his huge ass paw on him....now he is starting to nibble me...as the owner of dobermans....i do not like the nibble at all....how does one break a dog of what seems to be a fucking breed trait?

okay fans of the aussie shepard.....what is with this nibbling...he nibbles the cats heads..they enjoy it till he lands his huge ass paw on him....now he is starting to nibble me...as the owner of dobermans....i do not like the nibble at all....how does one break a dog of what seems to be a fucking breed trait?

it is a display of affection

pretend it hurts say something like ouch and quickly pull away

that is the problem it does seem to just be him reaching out....and being what he is..a damned nibbler....i do not want to break his spirit....and mostly he nibbles my clothes rarely will i really feel it but i do not wanting him to lose his soft mouth

if a dobie puppy were to do that...the consequences would be fast and harsh...but i am lost with this one...he is so sweet and loving....

Carry around a spray bottle with water in it. When your nibbler nibbles give him a squirt.

Last edited:

that is the problem it does seem to just be him reaching out....and being what he is..a damned nibbler....i do not want to break his spirit....and mostly he nibbles my clothes rarely will i really feel it but i do not wanting him to lose his soft mouth

the last thing he wants is for you to feel discomfort because he is trying to be nice

you showing him discomfort in a nice way pulling away shows him it is inappropriate

offering chew toys helps also

I have an Aussie shepherd golden retriever mix $Daisy.jpg

She loves to nibble fingers but she also has a very soft mouth I'm guessing that's the golden in her.

I try to give her things to chew to satisfy her oral fixation.

The kong toys work well you can stuff a treat down in them that takes a lot of work to get out.

as a friend pointed out...i am a doberman owner..and that is not a doberman....i realize i am just over reacting to the nibbling.....he is not gonna bite anyone's arm off

the nibbling has increased with me.....i think it shows he is relaxed around me...he will nibble my elbow then move to my fingers....he has a very soft mouth

the nibbling has increased with me.....i think it shows he is relaxed around me...he will nibble my elbow then move to my fingers....he has a very soft mouth

our cat likes to choose between the mrs and me i get a break tonight

while the mrs is sleeping right now with the cat on her face

--LOL

Forum List

Back