Self Proclaimed "gun nut" Found Murdered In Georgia

Is this isolated incident an example of a re-occuring issue?

Some studies indicate that owning a gun actually puts a person at greater risk of being killed by a gun:

The New England Journal of Medicine:
"...we found that keeping a gun in the home was strongly and independently associated with an increased risk of homicide (adjusted odds ratio, 2.7; 95 percent confidence interval, 1.6 to 4.4). "

MMS: Error

In other news flying on a plane puts you at a higher risk of dying in a plane crash....

Why are some of you so obsessed with bringing up murders in Chicago? And yes, you will find plenty of threads on here celebrating murders in Chicago.

Because the gun culture leads to far more deaths there on a daily basis. Thing is you guys ignore it because its perpetrated by ILLEGAL gun owners.

The most violent states in the nation are all bright red, mainly in the south.
Right wing hicks + next to no gun laws = people getting killed.

Link or STFU.....

I get you no dog but damn if this is not at least ONE example where the right wing theory fell falt on its face.

You ever try to think outside the box? You ever think that maybe he knew the person that killed him, or maybe he caught him off gaurd? I mean my gun isn't on my person at all times. If someone kicked in my door and started shooting, I probaly be dead, but give me a second chance to react he would most likely be the dead one.

Some studies indicate that owning a gun actually puts a person at greater risk of being killed by a gun:

"...we found that keeping a gun in the home was strongly and independently associated with an increased risk of homicide (adjusted odds ratio, 2.7; 95 percent confidence interval, 1.6 to 4.4). "

In other news flying on a plane puts you at a higher risk of dying in a plane crash....

Not really apples to apples Grampa. This study (although I'm not claiming it is conclusive) shows a correlation between gun ownership and becoming a gun homicide victim.

Because the gun culture leads to far more deaths there on a daily basis. Thing is you guys ignore it because its perpetrated by ILLEGAL gun owners.

Link or STFU.....

How does that crow taste?

gun-control-laws-and-gun-deaths-florida.jpg

Its really sad and pathetic to see some of you rejoicing at the death of another person who's only apparent crime was having an opinion that differes from yours.

Its really sad and pathetic to see some of you rejoicing at the death of another person who's only apparent crime was having an opinion that differes from yours.

True, it's disgusting the way the right wing propaganda machine jumps on every single tragedy to trash Obama and the democrats.

Not really apples to apples Grampa. This study (although I'm not claiming it is conclusive) shows a correlation between gun ownership and becoming a gun homicide victim.

Freedom comes with risk. I don't own guns but don't begrudge those that do.

What kind of low life shit uses a murder victim to push his agenda?

a liberal

but on the plus side, you're not as vile as tm. that vile skank uses murdered children.

Nice twist try.

dude the only problem is its NOT flying with the American people.

They are starting to see all your side does it say "oh poor kids"

and call them calateral damage for your second amendment delusions.

Even your own scotus heros agree that weapons regulations are constitutional.

What other parts of the Constitution do you hate?

I hate to repeat that fewer people were murdered before so many guns laws, but I'll try once more

the the mentally fucked

dear fucking IDIOT do you claim the current soctus members ON YOUR SIDE did not clearly say weapons control is LEGAL and constitutional?

are you really that fucking stupid and or uninformed?

Link or STFU.....

Oh please, you do realize that many states and municipalities do not use the FBIs Data Standards to report murders seriously skewing the statistics by classifying murders in other categories. If those entities used the FBI criteria your map would look much different.

True, it's disgusting the way the right wing propaganda machine jumps on every single tragedy to trash Obama and the democrats.

Who jumped on Obama for the latest school shooting?

1) You must prove this claim. Prove that they weren't bought in Mexico and smuggled into the USA.

Where Do Chicago's Guns Come From? - The 312 - July 2012 - Chicago

2) Even if it is true, it can just as readily be decades ago. You do realize that guns aren't like food, right? they don't go bad just from the passage of time. As long as they are maintained, they can last forever, theoretically.

I'm well aware of this and I never said otherwise. Why can't there be a system in place where the guns can be tracked?

So, as you admit, the criminals will obtain guns, regardless of any legal prohibitions or restrictions. What, then, do you hope to accomplish by restricting guns from peaceful citizens?

When did I ever say that I want to restrict guns from peaceful citizens? I'm just tired of seeing this talking point from gun supporters on how Chicago's gun ban is the cause of their high murder rate. Why do cities in states with much more lax gun laws have higher murder rates than Chicago?

Let me ask you, if legal guns are so inherently dangerous, why does Switzerland have one of the world's lowest crime rates? Did you know that the government issues fully automatic rifles to every able bodied man?

I don't know why Switzerland has such a low crime rate but I don't think it has anything to do with the proliferation of guns. Why does neighboring Austria have a lower crime rate than Switzerland but more restrictive gun laws?

your own team on the scotuss says your insane in the membrain about guns restrictions

Link or STFU.....

So your graphic indicates that there is no correlation between firearm laws and firearm injuries.

I am guessing that this factoid was overlooked in your presentation.

Actually there is. All the states with the highest murder rates are bright red and loaded with GOP hicks with next to no gun laws, where the safest states are all bright blue with responsible gun laws.

Forum List

Back