Self Proclaimed "gun nut" Found Murdered In Georgia

It's too bad he wasn't armed or this never would have happened,...oh wait

"In a rather macabre bit of irony, a self-professed "gun nut" who was a YouTube channel producer for fellow gun enthusiasts was found fatally shot in the head in his Carnesville, Ga., home on Jan. 3. Police are investigating the case as a homicide.

Keith Ratliff, 32, was a channel producer for the popular FPSRussia firearms channel on YouTube, according to FoxNews.com. The channel boasts 3.4 million subscribers and has more than 537 million video views. The videos largely consist of a man with a Russian accent test firing various high-powered firearms. The channel is ranked as one of the top 10 channels on YouTube.

Police found numerous weapons at the crime scene, according to WSB-TV. Some of the weapons were even manufactured by Ratliff himself. "He (Ratliff) did sustain a gunshot wound that was not self-inflicted,” Mike Ayers of the Georgia Bureau of Investigation told FoxNews.com.

Although Ratliff primarily worked behind the scenes of the YouTube channel he would occasionally jump in front of the camera himself. In one video he went on a rant about how all Americans should be allowed to carry assault weapons."

shot2.jpg

Self-professed 'gun nut' Keith Ratliff found fatally shot in the head in suspected homicide - NY Daily News

The only thing macabre is your desire to find pleasure in this incident.

Murders occur daily in Chicago. Can we expect a thread celebrating them soon?

Why are some of you so obsessed with bringing up murders in Chicago? And yes, you will find plenty of threads on here celebrating murders in Chicago.

"In a rather macabre bit of irony, a self-professed "gun nut" who was a YouTube channel producer for fellow gun enthusiasts was found fatally shot in the head in his Carnesville, Ga., home on Jan. 3. Police are investigating the case as a homicide.

Keith Ratliff, 32, was a channel producer for the popular FPSRussia firearms channel on YouTube, according to FoxNews.com. The channel boasts 3.4 million subscribers and has more than 537 million video views. The videos largely consist of a man with a Russian accent test firing various high-powered firearms. The channel is ranked as one of the top 10 channels on YouTube.

Police found numerous weapons at the crime scene, according to WSB-TV. Some of the weapons were even manufactured by Ratliff himself. "He (Ratliff) did sustain a gunshot wound that was not self-inflicted,” Mike Ayers of the Georgia Bureau of Investigation told FoxNews.com.

Although Ratliff primarily worked behind the scenes of the YouTube channel he would occasionally jump in front of the camera himself. In one video he went on a rant about how all Americans should be allowed to carry assault weapons."

shot2.jpg

Self-professed 'gun nut' Keith Ratliff found fatally shot in the head in suspected homicide - NY Daily News

This is all Obamas fault. Shame on him.

I get you no dog but damn if this is not at least ONE example where the right wing theory fell falt on its face.

There are many more cases that conflict with the far right meme. And there are solid statistics to back up the disproportionate number of gun accidents, instances in which the gun owner is killed by their own gun, instances in which the gun owner kills or injures an innocent party in their attempt to defend themself, and the like.

You can also pull up a case in which a gun owner successfully defended himself/herself or his/her family because they had a gun handy.

One case is just one case. It shouldn't be used (either way) to formulate policy (or even a thoughtful opinion imho).

what else you going to do with these people who refuse all the clear as day data you mention?

What kind of low life shit uses a murder victim to push his agenda? a liberal but on the plus side, you're not as vile as tm. that vile skank uses murdered children.
The next time it happens here by a con I will point it out to you, Two Thumbs. RIP for the victim.

What kind of low life shit uses a murder victim to push his agenda?

a liberal

but on the plus side, you're not as vile as tm. that vile skank uses murdered children.

Nice twist try.

dude the only problem is its NOT flying with the American people.

They are starting to see all your side does it say "oh poor kids"

and call them calateral damage for your second amendment delusions.

Even your own scotus heros agree that weapons regulations are constitutional.

What other parts of the Constitution do you hate?

I hate to repeat that fewer people were murdered before so many guns laws, but I'll try once more

the the mentally fucked

What kind of low life shit uses a murder victim to push his agenda?

The entire right wing media and their sheep. They go insane after every shooting blaming Obama and "da libs"

so you're doubling down on dumb fuck.

interesting

So you hate the the Second Amendment. What other parts of the Constitution do you hate?

Keep in mind, one of your leaders doesn't give a shit about any of it past the First.

2304795-good_good_let_the_butthurt_flow_through_you_1.jpg

What other parts of the Constitution do you hate? I hate to repeat that fewer people were murdered before so many guns laws, but I'll try once more the the mentally fucked
One, less people before.
Two, less firepower in RPM before.
Stop the mental hemorrhaging, please.

shot2.jpg

Why are some of you so obsessed with bringing up murders in Chicago? And yes, you will find plenty of threads on here celebrating murders in Chicago.

Because the gun culture leads to far more deaths there on a daily basis. Thing is you guys ignore it because its perpetrated by ILLEGAL gun owners.

Funny how many details are not included, yet the OP is hopping on this like this like it is a drunken prom date..

We don't know where the weapon on site were.. we don't know if this happen while he was sleeping. we don't know if a trusted family member is suspected, etc

Because the gun culture leads to far more deaths there on a daily basis. Thing is you guys ignore it because its perpetrated by ILLEGAL gun owners.

The most violent states in the nation are all bright red, mainly in the south.
Right wing hicks + next to no gun laws = people getting killed.

I get you no dog but damn if this is not at least ONE example where the right wing theory fell falt on its face.

There are many more cases that conflict with the far right meme. And there are solid statistics to back up the disproportionate number of gun accidents, instances in which the gun owner is killed by their own gun, instances in which the gun owner kills or injures an innocent party in their attempt to defend themself, and the like.

You can also pull up a case in which a gun owner successfully defended himself/herself or his/her family because they had a gun handy.

One case is just one case. It shouldn't be used (either way) to formulate policy (or even a thoughtful opinion imho).

what else you going to do with these people who refuse all the clear as day data you mention?

Screw 'em.
We don't have an obligation to create rules based on the opinion of people who are too lazy or too ignorant to educate themselves on an issue. (well not unless you depend on them for the political muscle to pull it off - and therein lies the nut of the problem. If smart people were free to enact any smart rules they wanted, we might not have as many problems as we have now. But we might have a much bigger one - a self-perpetuating aristocracy)

Yes, we all know you are retarded Si_bitch.
Poor Flaccid_Label.

I think you need to repeatedly PM the mods about the negs you get from me.

:thup:

Says the biggest rat on this site. I'm sure you will report this post now as it made you get a boo-boo :lol:
I'm sure you'll let us all know what rule that your post broke leading to a report.

The rules are so difficult to understand, if one's a moron.

So, let me know the rule you broke and I will be happy to report you.

TIA

Last edited:
Funny how many details are not included, yet the OP is hopping on this like this like it is a drunken prom date..

We don't know where the weapon on site were.. we don't know if this happen while he was sleeping. we don't know if a trusted family member is suspected, etc

He was pro gun so that makes it worth celebrating I guess.

The most violent states in the nation are all bright red, mainly in the south.
Right wing hicks + next to no gun laws = people getting killed.

Pie in the sky

Nobody is ignoring it. The issue is that someone is buying those guns in Chicago legally at some point and selling them to gangbangers in Chicago out of the back of their trunk. Whether they are driving from a nearby suburb or from Mississippi, it doesn't matter.

I offer my condolences to the family and to loved ones.
Isolated instances don't prove anything and shouldn't be politicized imho.
If he was murdered, I hope they catch and punish the perp(s).

X2, though it also proves the point that "more guns, less crime" is BS. This man was heavily armed and still the victim of murder.

Yes he was a victim of a gun crime, so we should all disarm our self because of fear of being a victim of a gun crime? I tell you want let's do a percentage of how many gun owners are victims of gun crimes versus non gun owners.

The issue is that someone is buying those guns in Chicago legally at some point

1) You must prove this claim. Prove that they weren't bought in Mexico and smuggled into the USA.

2) Even if it is true, it can just as readily be decades ago. You do realize that guns aren't like food, right? they don't go bad just from the passage of time. As long as they are maintained, they can last forever, theoretically.

and selling them to gangbangers in Chicago out of the back of their trunk.

So, as you admit, the criminals will obtain guns, regardless of any legal prohibitions or restrictions. What, then, do you hope to accomplish by restricting guns from peaceful citizens?

Let me ask you, if legal guns are so inherently dangerous, why does Switzerland have one of the world's lowest crime rates? Did you know that the government issues fully automatic rifles to every able bodied man?

Last edited:
Is this isolated incident an example of a re-occuring issue?

Some studies indicate that owning a gun actually puts a person at greater risk of being killed by a gun:

The New England Journal of Medicine:
"...we found that keeping a gun in the home was strongly and independently associated with an increased risk of homicide (adjusted odds ratio, 2.7; 95 percent confidence interval, 1.6 to 4.4). "

MMS: Error

here ya go bigrednc

I'm not claiming this study is conclusive, but it is reputable (not conducted in order to promote a political agenda) and the correlation seems strong.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back