Self education

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
What are you guys doing for your self education?

I usually study the scriptures everyday along with language work in Spanish and/or Irish right now.

I've also been reading a lot of books on budgeting and money management lately.

Anything interesting you've been studying? Any books you found to be good?

As an aside to the OP which could potentially derail the thread a bit, in which case ignore this question or ask a mod to delete it.... what is there to gain from studying scriptures every day? Do you study scriptures from multiple religions?

I usually study the scriptures everyday along with language work in Spanish and/or Irish right now.

I like self education :) I'm trying to learn how to play the guitar. I also sign up for online classes on dog training. I want to learn a language too. Maybe French since I once knew it :)

I'm also working through a program called "Financial Peace" - on, basically, money management. It's good!

I like self education :) I'm trying to learn how to play the guitar. I also sign up for online classes on dog training. I want to learn a language too. Maybe French since I once knew it :)

Duolingo is a great app for foreign language training. Helped me a lot with refreshing the Spanish

Duolingo is a great app for foreign language training. Helped me a lot with refreshing the Spanish

I'll have to look for that - I haven't decided how to approach relearning it - thanks! :)

I'll have to look for that - I haven't decided how to approach relearning it - thanks! :)
I'll let you have my Spanish book from high school.

I love reading...one of my passions is on animal behavior and the history of domestication and the traits that lead one species to accept the covenent and another to reject it.

erm...I need French...though I'd also go for welsh or celtic :)

erm...I need French...though I'd also go for welsh or celtic :)
Ok, I learned a little years ago in a galaxy far, far away..My first wife was a French major so I read her books..

If you are going to read "the scriptures" then you really need to learn Hebrew and Greek first or else you are going to make a world of mistakes reading someone else's English (or whatever) translation of them.

Avatar4321 you have been subject your whole life to Mormon brainwashing.

You have no idea what "the scriptures" really say.

They do not say to give 1/10th of your gross revenue to Salt Lake City.

They do not say to avoid wine like the plague (even Jesus himself would shudder at this false doctrine).

They do not say there is anything wrong with coffee from Arabia or tea from India and China.

As an aside to the OP which could potentially derail the thread a bit, in which case ignore this question or ask a mod to delete it.... what is there to gain from studying scriptures every day? Do you study scriptures from multiple religions?

Refreshes and empowers me. And I learn lots of things here and there. Hard to explain. Ive some of the Quran before but I don't study it regularly

Forum List

Back