Selective Memories

More Kerry stuff, O.K. Kerry was fully aware that the U.S. policy was that 3 Purple Hearts and you had a ticket home. His first Heart happened when he received a splinter in his finger not requiring a bandaid when a mine went off. His second Heart came when he threw a grenade into a cache of V.C. rice and got a piece of rice in his ass. I forgot the 3rd but Kerry was the C.O. and Kerry was solely responsible for recommended Kerry for his awards. On one occasion a V.C. kid shot a RPG at Kerry's boat and Kerry left his boat and his command and chased down the unarmed kid and shot him dead and then recommended himself for the Silver Star.

"Kerry fought to get us out of an unnecessary and unjust war"

"Unnecessary"
"Unjust"
Bullshit excuses for sniveling unAmerican cowards.

Kerry fought to get us out of an unnecessary and unjust war

It was the John Kerrys and Jane Fondas that were Patriots

Not the Bob Hopes

While I think it was a war that we didn't need to be involved in, I don't consider either of those people "Patriots." Jane Fonda said some terrible and unnecessary things about our troops from what I've read. You might be against a war, but to disrespect the men and women who are putting THEIR lives on the line is pretty bad. Her comments and her attitude brought down troops moral. That is nothing to be "proud" of, IMO. You might disagree with the reasons for the war, but once we are neck deep in it, it doesn't do any good to be disrespectful to the men and women who are over there.

Why was the Vietnam war necessary?
To ChrisL: That’s easy. Stop the spread of Communism. To understand Vietnam you have to start with Korea.

The Korean War was sanctioned by the United Nations; therefore, the American Left had their hands tied. American Communists could not protest a military action against the spread of Communism without criticizing the UN. The Vietnam War was not sanctioned by the United Nations; therefore; American Communists were free to bring defeat their own country.

NOTE: America’s “loyal” ally, the UK, did not fight with America in Vietnam. I always found that despicable. Communists were determined to destroy America just as Germany would have destroyed England in two wars, yet the Brits always behaved as though it was America’s duty to come to England’s aid while they were under no obligation to fight alongside America against its enemy. I should also point out that the Korean War, and the Vietnam War, were really hot battles in the Cold War against Communism. Had the United Nations not sanctioned the Korean Police Action ——ONLY 5 YEARS AFTER THE END OF WWII —— I doubt if the UK would helped us there.

President Truman said this about stopping Communist expansion in Korea:

We've got to stop the sons of bitches, no matter what, and that's all there is to it.​

Truman jumped on the Soviet Union’s failure to attend a Security Council meeting; so he took the opportunity to stop Communist expansion by manipulating the UN; hence, a UN Police Action rather than a declared war. Had the Soviets attended the one and only Security Council meeting they ever missed, they would have vetoed Truman’s military opposition to North Korea’s aggression.

Incidentally, President Truman was right in stopping Communism, but he was wrong in getting the UN’s approval.

NOTE: The real reason President Truman fired General MacArthur was because Communist China was not a member of the United Nations. Mac wanted to cross the Yalu River and bomb Communist China. That would have amounted to the infant United Nations declaring war on China. General MacArthur was correct in light of what China is today.

For many years I suggested asking every top Democrat the following:

Do you oppose the Korean War in hindsight?

If they answer “Yes” they admit that fighting against Communism is what they oppose.

If they answer “No.” ask them why not? since both wars were fought for the same reason.

While I think it was a war that we didn't need to be involved in, I don't consider either of those people "Patriots."
To ChrisL: If you do not want to fight Communism there is nothing else to say irrespective of your respect for the men and women who defend this country.

Kerry fought to get us out of an unnecessary and unjust war

It was the John Kerrys and Jane Fondas that were Patriots

Not the Bob Hopes

While I think it was a war that we didn't need to be involved in, I don't consider either of those people "Patriots." Jane Fonda said some terrible and unnecessary things about our troops from what I've read. You might be against a war, but to disrespect the men and women who are putting THEIR lives on the line is pretty bad. Her comments and her attitude brought down troops moral. That is nothing to be "proud" of, IMO. You might disagree with the reasons for the war, but once we are neck deep in it, it doesn't do any good to be disrespectful to the men and women who are over there.

Jane Fonda and John Kerry were right in their assessment of the war. It was unwaranted, had no strategy for victory and was a senseless loss of American lives. They fought for what they believed in. THEY were the Patriots

Those who wrapped themselves in the flag, screamed of the horrors of communism and demanded more troops were the traitors

Perhaps all wars are not worthwhile. Trump suggests he will bring manliness back to America if elected. Usually those most in need of the manliness seem to find a draft deferment, as did Trump. Surely by this time someone has come up with a list of wars we had to fight and a list of wars we entered because we needed a dose of manliness or other Mickey Mouse reason. As for Kerry, he went.

Perhaps all wars are not worthwhile. Trump suggests he will bring manliness back to America if elected. Usually those most in need of the manliness seem to find a draft deferment, as did Trump. Surely by this time someone has come up with a list of wars we had to fight and a list of wars we entered because we needed a dose of manliness or other Mickey Mouse reason. As for Kerry, he went.

Right. And then ran away crying like a little girl and then supported the enemy who was in the process of killing our real soldiers and sailors. Even draft dodgers were rarely also traitors. May he burn in Hell for a thousand years.

Right. And then ran away crying like a little girl and then supported the enemy who was in the process of killing our real soldiers and sailors. Even draft dodgers were rarely also traitors. May he burn in Hell for a thousand years.
Where does it say Kerry ran away crying like a little girl? The military made a deal and a number of servicemen took advantage of the deal. A number of Americans believed we should not be in Vietnam and Kerry and some other veterans agreed. But Kerry went. What did we win or lose in Vietnam?

During WWII a Japanese soldier bit the thumb of an American GI. The GI received the purple heart, and this was before purple hearts became valuable as five points toward going home.

Kerry supported not sending any more soldiers into an unnecessary war

A true American patriot

Bullshit!
You're making stuff up as you go along.
There was no such program. I was an Army medic in Vietnam involved with the treatment records-casualty tags for the most part-necessary to qualify for a Purple Heart. I would have known. For a Purple Heart the individual must have received a wound that was a direct result of enemy action. Kerry's alleged injuries never met that standard for the same reasons shaving cuts didn't. All Kerry did was trivialize the award.

I really don't care how Kerry felt about the war. I was one of a great many who had reservations about the war but I still managed to do my duty with honor. My problem with Kerry was that he lied about that and deliberately aided our enemy during time of war.

Bullshit!
There was no such program. I was an Army medic in Vietnam involved with the treatment records-casualty tags for the most part-necessary to qualify for a Purple Heart. I would have known. For a Purple Heart the individual must have received a wound that was a direct result of enemy action. Kerry's alleged injuries never met that standard for the same reasons shaving cuts didn't. All Kerry did was trivialize the award.

I really don't care how Kerry felt about the war. I was one of a great many who had reservations about the war but I still managed to do my duty with honor. My problem with Kerry was that he lied about that and deliberately aided our enemy during time of war.
Might want to check on the requirements for a purple heart. As for the bitten thumb that was an article in an infantry division's newsletter.

John Kerry and Jane Fonda were right about Vietnam and their actions saved American lives

The flag waving war mongers were wrong and sent 60,000 to unnecessary deaths

Bullshit!

Might want to check on the requirements for a purple heart. As for the bitten thumb that was an article in an infantry division's newsletter.

Work on your comprehension. I don't doubt the bitten thumb could have earned a Purple Heart. It is Kerrys that I consider unearned by normal criteria.

"The flag waving war mongers were wrong and sent 60,000 to unnecessary deaths".

Does that mean you consider the other 23000 or so deaths necessary?
The truth is Kerry and Hanoi Jane aided our enemy in the killing of US troops.

How many American deaths was he responsible for compared to R.E.Lee and Jefferson Davis? If they weren't hanged, what does it take?

Davis and Lee were on the American side of thst war. It was the boys wearing blue who were the traitors to the US Constitution.

"The flag waving war mongers were wrong and sent 60,000 to unnecessary deaths".

Does that mean you consider the other 23000 or so deaths necessary?
The truth is Kerry and Hanoi Jane aided our enemy in the killing of US troops.

Actually they didn't....no additional troops were killed by the actions of Jane Fonda or John Kerry

60,000 were sent to their deaths by war hawks looking for a fight against communism. Vietnam was a civil war...we fought it as a cold war

Forum List

Back