Seems the government is trying to create a ammo shortage

Paranoia runs deep .... unreal nonsense, why is this stupidity not in the conspiracy section?

come to bed honey
i'll only be a little while
but you've been cleaning those guns all evening
they keep us safe dear
but it's cold up here
come to bed
be up in a bit
- ladder appears at window
- wife looks up surprised
- masked man puts his finger to lips
my husband is downstairs and armed
is he coming up soon
nah cleaning his guns
you look lonely
I am
- they talk
- ruffling sheets
honey what's all that noise up there
nothing dear you clean your guns
- quiet
dear i'm coming to bed now
- muffled reply
- sotto voce
oh she's sleeping so content
- says to himself
isn't it nice being secure
- hugs his gun close
- scene fades

BigReb wrote: And you believe that?

Truth is often stranger than fiction...

... when it comes to the government...

... remember the $800 toilet seats?
:redface:

Actually it was 1000.00 but I'm not going to argue over a couple of hundred dollars.:badgrin:

Paranoia runs deep .... unreal nonsense, why is this stupidity not in the conspiracy section?

come to bed honey
i'll only be a little while
but you've been cleaning those guns all evening
they keep us safe dear
but it's cold up here
come to bed
be up in a bit
- ladder appears at window
- wife looks up surprised
- masked man puts his finger to lips
my husband is downstairs and armed
is he coming up soon
nah cleaning his guns
you look lonely
I am
- they talk
- ruffling sheets
honey what's all that noise up there
nothing dear you clean your guns
- quiet
dear i'm coming to bed now
- muffled reply
- sotto voce
oh she's sleeping so content
- says to himself
isn't it nice being secure
- hugs his gun close
- scene fades
Why do the stupid people always ask that? It's not like ammo will go bad in a short period of time. It's not like the government doesn't already have a stock pile of ammo on hand. almost TWO BILLION rounds in addition to the millions of rounds they already have. Nope nothing to see here.

And if we ever have a really large national catastrophe, you can check out how tasty lead, copper, and powder are.
:confused:
The people with guns will also be the people with food.

Not all, a lot of gun owners don't have a prepper's mind set. They think they ill be able to live off the land so food storage is not that important.

And if we ever have a really large national catastrophe, you can check out how tasty lead, copper, and powder are.
Not all, a lot of gun owners don't have a prepper's mind set. They think they ill be able to live off the land so food storage is not that important.
You have food.
I don't have food.
I have a gun.
You don't have a gun.
I now have food.

You have food.
I don't have food.
I have a gun.
You don't have a gun.
I now have food.

You have to remember that to has it flaw, someone else might be a better shot and take that gun, because you had to go out and fight for food.,
You need a balance a good prepper will have food and enough guns and ammo to defend the food they had stored so they would not have to go out and fight those gun prepper's who did think about food when they were buying all those guns.

You have food.
I don't have food.
I have a gun.
You don't have a gun.
I now have food.

You have to remember that to has it flaw, someone else might be a better shot and take that gun, because you had to go out and fight for food.,
You need a balance a good prepper will have food and enough guns and ammo to defend the food they had stored so they would not have to go out and fight those gun prepper's who did think about food when they were buying all those guns.
The point is that the people that do not have guns will losse their food to the people that do.

You have food.
I don't have food.
I have a gun.
You don't have a gun.
I now have food.

The point is that the people that do not have guns will losse their food to the people that do.
Yes I understand that

Well let's see we have Homeland security order close to two billion rounds of ammo,the weather administration ordering ammo department of education ordering tactical shot guns now this
Social Security Administration orders thousands of rounds of hollow point bullets — RT
The mission statement of the US Social Security Administration is to deliver services that meet the changing needs of the public. They are doing that by placing an order for 174,000 rounds of hollow point bullets.
The SSA has published a solicitation on the FedBizOpps website specifically asking for ammo manufactures to provide them with a quote for a massive order of hollow point bullets. The administration is on the lookout for the most affordable lot of 174,000 .357 Duty Carry Sig 125 grain bonded JHP hollow point bullet ammunition, according to a synopsis that accompanies their solicitation for quotes, although the mission statement of the federal agency offers no indication of why they are wanting any ammo, let alone tens of thousands of rounds.

So glad I had the foresight to stockpile large quantities of .223 Remington.

Is so's dey can shoot Granny when she comes in to pick up her check...
:eek:
Now Social Security Administration to purchase ammo
Wednesday, August 15, 2012 - 174,000 rounds of hollow-point bullets to be delivered to 41 locations across U.S.
First it was the Department of Homeland Security, then it was the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, and now the Social Security Administration is set to purchase 174,000 rounds of hollow point bullets that will be delivered to 41 locations across the country. A solicitation posted by the SSA on the FedBizOpps website asks for contractors to supply 174,000 rounds of “.357 Sig 125 grain bonded jacketed hollow point pistol ammunition.”

An online ammunition retailer describes the bullets as suitable “for peak performance rivaling and sometimes surpassing handloads in many guns,” noting that the ammo is “a great personal defense bullet.” The synopsis to the solicitation adds that the ammunition is to be shipped to 41 locations within 60 days of purchase. A separate spreadsheet lists those locations, which include the Social Security headquarters in Baltimore, Maryland as well as major cities across the country including Los Angeles, Detroit, Oklahoma City, Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, Denver, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and Seattle. Hollow point bullets are designed to expand as they enter the body, causing maximum damage by tearing apart internal organs.

It’s not outlandish to suggest that the Social Security Administration is purchasing the bullets as part of preparations for civil unrest. Social security welfare is estimated to keep around 40 per cent of senior citizens out of poverty. Should the tap run dry in the aftermath of an economic collapse which the Federal Reserve has already told top banks to prepare for, domestic disorder could ensue if people are refused their benefits. Indeed, earlier this year the Department of Homeland Security ran a drill called Operation Shield which included turning the entrance of a Florida Social Security office into a checkpoint manned by Federal Protective Service officers armed with semiautomatic rifles. “With their blue and white SUVs circled around the Main Street office, at least one official was posted on the door with a semiautomatic rifle, randomly checking identifications. And other officers, some with K-9s, sifted through the building,” reported the Daily Commercial.

A rash of solicitations by federal agencies for hollow point bullets in recent months has stoked fears that the government is preparing for civil unrest caused by a financial collapse on a scale similar or even larger to scenes already witnessed in Europe over the last two years. As we reported yesterday, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) has put out a contract for 46,000 rounds of hollow point bullets along with 500 paper targets. Despite initially asking the bullets to be delivered to the National Weather Service, NOAA claimed this was a “clerical error” and insisted the ammunition was being sent to the Fisheries Office of Law Enforcement. Why powerful hollow point bullets that are designed to tear apart internal organs are needed for practice shooting at paper targets has not been explained.

Back in March, Homeland Security purchased 450 million rounds of .40-caliber hollow point bullets that are designed to expand upon entry and cause maximum organ damage, prompting questions as to why the DHS needed such a large amount of powerful bullets merely for training purposes. This was followed by another DHS solicitation asking for a further 750 million rounds of assorted bullets, including 357 mag rounds that are able to penetrate walls. The DHS recently put out an order for riot gear in preparation for the upcoming DNC, RNC and presidential inauguration. The U.S. Army is also busy buying similar equipment. The DHS also recently purchased a number of bullet-proof checkpoint booths that include ‘stop and go’ lights.

Source

Interesting observation

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl7oD0Pc4dM]How much is 1.4 Billion Rounds of Ammunition? - YouTube[/ame]

This is old tired news that keeps getting posted over and over. They buy ammo like this all the time.

They buy ammo like this all the time? They don't train with hollow points, and no the government would not order all this ammo unless they have used a large portion of ammo they have.
So explain why does the national weather service need ammo for? Why does the department of education need tactical 12 gauge shotguns?

Who knows? The more the merrier though, right? Maybe the Dept of Education is finally taking up the right wing mantra that guns in the schools = safety. I can't really imagine why the weather service needs guns or ammo though. Maybe force people to evacuate before hurricanes or something? Shoot those opposed to global climate change? Blow up oversized hailstones? Shoot the breeze?

Forum List

Back