Seems like Mastercard is more accepted than American Express and Discover

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
I noticed that you will always see Visa and Mastercard but not always American Express. Do American Express have higher fees or something? I thought american express was a major credit card like Mastercard so just kind of confused about this.

Looks like I need to apply for a Mastercard in the future

I noticed that you will always see Visa and Mastercard but not always American Express. Do American Express have higher fees or something? I thought american express was a major credit card like Mastercard so just kind of confused about this.

Looks like I need to apply for a Mastercard in the future

I think you would do yourself a favor by looking for the lowest interest rate before looking at popularity. American Express is a good card and has nice rewards but retailers have to pay for that and is the biggest reason why you don't see it everywhere.

I enjoy seeing a credit card high roller every now and then. Last one was a woman in Starbucks working her way through a collection of credit cards nearly an inch wide in her wallet. Finally after three or four declines she found one not yet maxed out.

I enjoy seeing a credit card high roller every now and then. Last one was a woman in Starbucks working her way through a collection of credit cards nearly an inch wide in her wallet. Finally after three or four declines she found one not yet maxed out.

I saw a good one once, I was driving out to Palm Springs for Thanksgiving and stopped to pick up a bottle of wine this lady had a small photo album filled with gold cards and she used food stamps to pay her bill. I have really good self control, but If I said what I was feeling I probably would have been arrested.

Interesting to run across this thread. I just applied for and was approved for Amex and with a higher credit limit than both my Visa cards combined. I don't run balances on my cards, but I like the high credit availability to enhance my fico score.

In that way, I guess just having the card is a reward in itself.

Forum List

Back